Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Ramadan

:salams

Can you combine Shawaal and missed days of a fast?

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post

Can you combine Shawaal and missed days of a fast?

:jkk:
      :wswrwb:

Might be worth a read...https://islamqa.info/en/40389

Comment

:wswrwb:
        https://islamqa.info/en/128256

This issue is known to the scholars as the issue of pairing or combining acts of worship. It takes many forms such as this one, which is combining an obligatory and a mustahabb action with one intention. If a person intends to do the mustahabb action, that will not be acceptable for the obligatory action. If a person fasts with the intention of ‘Ashoora’, that will not be acceptable as making up for a missed Ramadan fast, but if he intends to make up the missed Ramadan fast and does that on the day of ‘Ashoora’, then his making up the missed fast will be valid, and there is the hope that he will also attain the reward for ‘Ashoora’, according to some scholars.

Ar-Ramli (may Allah have mercy on him) said in Nihaayat al-Muhtaaj (3/208): If he fasts in Shawwaal to make up a missed fast, or in fulfilment of a vow, or otherwise, or on an occasion such as the day of ‘Ashoora’, he will also attain the reward for the voluntary fast. This was stated in a fatwa by my father (may Allah have mercy on him), following al-Baarizi, al-Asfooni, an-Naashiri, the faqeeh ‘Ali ibn Saalih al-Hadrami, and others, but he will not attain the full reward that comes from doing what is required, especially if he missed Ramadan and fasted Shawwaal to make up for it.
        اللهم يا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبي على دينك

Comment

I started Eid today as I wasn't sure about sighting through a telescope and everything so, to be on the safe side, I went with Monday.

The thing I noticed today was that I thought I'd want to eat myself silly but I didn't. I think because of why we fasted it felt obscene to do that, I just felt so much gratitude for our ability to stretch out our hand and food is at the end of it, unlike a lot of our brothers and sisters for whom fasting is their week and if they are blessed some if their week will include rice. Sometimes grain by grain rescued from the dirt spilled by others.

I hope I never lose these thoughts and the respect and gratitude for what we have.

Comment

Working...
          X