Eid on Monday !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eid on Monday !!!

news : Becuase there was no sighting of the moon anywhere in bangladesh (with completely clear sky), the eid will be on Monday......

Now, I am really confused. I know its a very old issue among the muslim worlds but how come some part of the world fast 29 days and some other fast full 30 days because of this moon sighting ? In ancient history people used to depend on moon sighting because of the lack of technology. But what about now a days ? Should we still depend on the moon for eid ? And how is it possible (Scientifically)that moon is seen on one part of the world and seen two days after on some other part of the world ?
    Signature Re-updated :up:

i always find it strange too. apparently the techonology is there so that we can predict full and new moons WAY in to the future yet we still stand outside looking up at the sky.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

We should always depend, and follow the Sunnah, as exemplified by the Prophet Muhammad, blessings and peace be upon his noble soul. As the moon was not sighted in Bangladesh, therefore as according to Islamic law, Eid will start Monday in Bangladesh.

This was a joint decision of the Islamic Research Committee of Bangladesh, and every Masjid has made arrangements for Eid Jamaah tommorow morning insha'Allah. Food is already being prepared at my house. Eid Mubarak. :)

Comment

To Abu Sabr :

Maybe (!) you are right Abu Sabr but can you tell me something ? In those days what was the EXACT reason to look for the moon at the sky ?

To others :

As I asked before, is it scientifically possible to have a new moon in one part of the world but not before two days in some other parts of the world ?

Comment

Hello khaled,
          Originally posted by khaled20
          To Abu Sabr :

Maybe (!) you are right Abu Sabr but can you tell me something ? In those days what was the EXACT reason to look for the moon at the sky ?
          To deduce when Eid was going to be. Duh.
          To others :

As I asked before, is it scientifically possible to have a new moon in one part of the world but not before two days in some other parts of the world ?
          Hmm, from what I heard, the moon was not sighted anywhere in the world due to a lunar conjunction. And the Saudis used calculations, according to the MCB, but isn't that against the Sunnah? Also, calculations in finding out Eid will fail utterly if there's a lunar conjunction.

Khaled - The Prophet Muhammad, blessings and peace be upon his noble soul, searched for the full moon in order to find Eid. We must follow the Example of the Prophet. His Example is Universal, for all times, for all regions. We are in dire need for its Light.

The Prophet advised us not to create innovations in matter of religion. Ignoring the search for the moon is an innovation, of the lazy kind. For Islaam is a perfect faith, and its original source is divine, therefore we must refer always to its original source, the Noble Quran and Example (Sunnah) of Prophet Muhammad.

What truly matters is following the Prophet's Example, and only that shall give us the blessings of Eid. al-Hamdulillah, if we wish to celebrate Eid in the best way, then we must follow the Prophet's immaculate Example.

It is already Monday here in Bangladesh. Eid Mubarak.

Your resident Bangladeshi,
          Tahsin.

EDIT : It was a lunar conjunction, not what I stated before.
          Last edited by Abdullah al-Muhajir; 15-11-04, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Sabr
            Hello khaled,
            Hmmm...that was funny. BUT...Shall I be wrong if I say that the purpose of looking for the new moon was to determine a new month ?

Hmm, from what I heard, the moon was not sighted anywhere in the world due to a lunar injunction. And the Saudis used calculations, according to the MCB
            That's a surprise for me ! To be honest, I find it very difficult to believe that eid was followed on saturday in many countries without actually seeing the moon in anywhere in the world ? Could you please tell me the source of your information ?

Comment

A friend, also a graduate in Astronomy, who has talked with an official of the Muslim Council of Britain.

Also, the friend is from ummah.com, Sultan. Check out the relevant thread (and source) -

[http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45719]

Since he is a graduate of Astronomy, I have every reason to believe his depiction of the fact of the lunar conjunction occuring recently, and that the Saudis are using calculations, even though in this case, it rejects science (as a result of the lunar conjunction) and Islaam.
              Last edited by Abdullah al-Muhajir; 15-11-04, 12:06 AM.

Comment

We should always depend, and follow the Sunnah, as exemplified by the Prophet Muhammad, blessings and peace be upon his noble soul. As the moon was not sighted in Bangladesh, therefore as according to Islamic law, Eid will start Monday in Bangladesh.

This was a joint decision of the Islamic Research Committee of Bangladesh, and every Masjid has made arrangements for Eid Jamaah tommorow morning insha'Allah. Food is already being prepared at my house. Eid Mubarak. :)
                That depends on when Ramadan started in Bangladesh. If Sunday make Ramadan 31 days (from the beginning) then what they are doing is Bidah. The ruling is that if the moon isn't sighted on the 30th night (just after sunset), then complete the 30th Day. If it is sighted on the 30th night, then don't fast the 30th Day because it will be 1st Shawwal, and Eid al Fitr..

Comment

Oh, I didn't make myself clearer, my mistake, sorry. :)

Ramadhan in Bangladesh started a day after when it begun in the West, again due to the moon not being sighted. Sunday actually made 30 Ramadhan days here. Today is the 1st of Shawwal, and Eid-ul-Fitr, due to the moon not being sighted a couple of days ago.

Comment

Hello khaled,
                    Hmm, from what I heard, the moon was not sighted anywhere in the world due to a lunar conjunction. And the Saudis used calculations, according to the MCB, but isn't that against the Sunnah? Also, calculations in finding out Eid will fail utterly if there's a lunar conjunction.

Khaled - The Prophet Muhammad, blessings and peace be upon his noble soul, searched for the full moon in order to find Eid. We must follow the Example of the Prophet. His Example is Universal, for all times, for all regions. We are in dire need for its Light.

The Prophet advised us not to create innovations in matter of religion. Ignoring the search for the moon is an innovation, of the lazy kind. For Islaam is a perfect faith, and its original source is divine, therefore we must refer always to its original source, the Noble Quran and Example (Sunnah) of Prophet Muhammad.

What truly matters is following the Prophet's Example, and only that shall give us the blessings of Eid. al-Hamdulillah, if we wish to celebrate Eid in the best way, then we must follow the Prophet's immaculate Example.

It is already Monday here in Bangladesh. Eid Mubarak.

Your resident Bangladeshi,
                    Tahsin.

EDIT : It was a lunar conjunction, not what I stated before.
                    The hilal is not the full moon, Sabr. It is the finest thread of the crescent moon. If the moon is not in exact conjunction, the finest thread will be seen.

As far as I know, the crescent moon was sighted in Riyadh (near it, rather) and this was known by a number of people (including the imam of the masjid I was praying in) since he held up the tarwee until he had confirmation. The confirmation came throu 40 minutes after Isha Adhan via a phone call reporting the anouncement on official Saudi TV.

Comment

Originally posted by jamila
                      The hilal is not the full moon, Sabr. It is the finest thread of the crescent moon. If the moon is not in exact conjunction, the finest thread will be seen.

As far as I know, the crescent moon was sighted in Riyadh (near it, rather) and this was known by a number of people (including the imam of the masjid I was praying in) since he held up the tarwee until he had confirmation. The confirmation came throu 40 minutes after Isha Adhan via a phone call reporting the anouncement on official Saudi TV.
                      I see. Interesting, thank you for informing me, sister. I heard something else, therefore the mis-understanding. Forgive me if I caused any offence or harm.

Comment

Working...
                      X