Shut Down the Marriage Forum during Ramadan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shut Down the Marriage Forum during Ramadan

Since it's the Election Day today, may I remind those of you who have not voted to please do so now - and cast your vote to decide whether to shut the Marriage Forum during Ramadan.

At least you know there's no debate with this vote about it being permissible or not, difference of opinion etc.

Each vote counts, so don't delay and click Yes or No above.

Jazakallah khair.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTraveller View Post
      Since it's the Election Day today, may I remind those of you who have not voted to please do so now - and cast your vote to decide whether to shut the Marriage Forum during Ramadan.

At least you know there's no debate with this vote about it being permissible or not, difference of opinion etc.

Each vote counts, so don't delay and click Yes or No above.

Jazakallah khair.
      Won't people just start putting all their marriage threads in the lounge instead?

Comment

EDIT: Quark beat me to it.

Comment

I'm totally against the idea and here's my take on it
          If there's something wrong about Marriage Forum then it should be shut down right now . why to wait till Ramadan to do it ? It's likes saying Muslims have no will ; we should control them, dictate them what to do ..etc . Ramadan is not a hard time for Muslims where they should shut down forums , struggle and suffer to make it . It's a holy month that we love and wait for eagerly .During Ramadan we live normally but trying to do more extra worships and gets benefit of its blessing days .
          why some Muslims change 180 degree in Ramadan then back to old habits right after it ? . Just image they close the forum during Ramadan then open it after it finished
          if I'm not Muslim this will give me bad impression about Muslims HYPOCRISY and UNREALISTIC .
          sorry It's bad idea :)
          How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Comment

Originally posted by myeverything View Post
            I'm totally against the idea and here's my take on it
            If there's something wrong about Marriage Forum then it should be shut down right now . why to wait till Ramadan to do it ? It's likes saying Muslims have no will ; we should control them, dictate them what to do ..etc . Ramadan is not a hard time for Muslims where they should shut down forums , struggle and suffer to make it . It's a holy month that we love and wait for eagerly .During Ramadan we live normally but trying to do more extra worships and gets benefit of its blessing days .
            why some Muslims change 180 degree in Ramadan then back to old habits right after it ? . Just image they close the forum during Ramadan then open it after it finished
            if I'm not Muslim this will give me bad impression about Muslims HYPOCRISY and UNREALISTIC .
            sorry It's bad idea :)
            The point is, a permanent shutdown will just not happen. It's unrealistic. So at the very least, at least shut it down during Ramadan so those who spend their lives on it making pointless threads can be deprived of this during the month - and forced to find much more beneficial things to do with their time.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTraveller View Post
              The point is, a permanent shutdown will just not happen. It's unrealistic. So at the very least, at least shut it down during Ramadan so those who spend their lives on it making pointless threads can be deprived of this during the month - and forced to find much more beneficial things to do with their time.
              man I get ur point and I know u mean well , but the approach ( idea ) is very wrong .
              u can't forced anyone to do anything or deprive them from anything . They should do it themselves with fully conviction . not abstain from posting rubbish simply coz the forum not here anymore . I even doubt if they wil be rewarded for it . The intention counts in every single second of Muslims' lives

# What's unrealistic before Ramadan can't be realistic during Ramadan
              How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me

Comment

i reckon thats a good idea. voted yes.
                أيها الراقد ذا الليل التمام***قم بجد فالليالي في إنصرام

Comment

How about banning people for venting in other people's marriage threads?

Thats for starters
                  “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                    How about banning people for venting in other people's marriage threads?

Thats for starters
                    How you mean ?
                    “You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!”

Comment

Originally posted by علي بن عبد الله View Post
                      How you mean ?
                      We've seen how some members go crazy venting out in certain threads when things go wrong..going into several pages.

Theres no need for that, really.
                      “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Comment

Originally posted by Muwahid_ View Post
                        :wswrwb:

No, I don't believe it should be. I never venture into that section, and if you don't find it to be a very useful forum to you then you would do well to avoid it. But, I imagine a lot of people on the forum derive some benefit from the forum and it would be punishing them just to satisfy a handful of people who aren't forced to browse through that part of the site.
                        Agreed

Originally posted by umm salabil View Post
                        I think what we need is a"thread closing" button on each thread. If enough members click it, the thread closes by itself. This should put a stop to some threads. If admins are worried about misuse, it could require one click from a mod to close a thread. So if any number of members click it, but no mod has clicked it, the thread doesn't close. However, if just the mod clicks it or the required number of members haven't clicked the button, then it doesn't close.
                        Not Feasible Not Possible

Shutting down a forum for ramadhan wont work - its pointless

If we want to vote for Marriage Forum Being closed down then we may as well close down current events - because people end up arguing..

General Forum - because a lot of people end up posting stuff on there which are non beneficial

and its going to cause more work for us mods during Ramadhan..

really cant see this happening you can filter out forums for those that you don't want to venture in

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                          We've seen how some members go crazy venting out in certain threads when things go wrong..going into several pages.

Theres no need for that, really.
                          True...But in that case, many would be banned lol
                          “You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!”

Comment

Originally posted by علي بن عبد الله View Post
                            True...But in that case, many would be banned lol
                            It would depend...have to give them warnings too..

Comment

I find the lounge section to be less useful. Sure there are good beneficial threads but more useless ones.
                              "Why Do We Fill Our Hearts With Everything But Allah And Expect Not To Fall Apart"

Comment

i thought of this thread when i created this meme lol

Comment

Working...
                                X