Shut Down the Marriage Forum during Ramadan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shut Down the Marriage Forum during Ramadan

Jazakallah for all your replies so far, and your votes.

I am looking for 30 YES Votes so I can then lobby the Moderators. That would be a healthy number to back up my argument with.

So if you are in favour of a shutdown during Ramadan but haven't yet voted - please do so now.

Jazakallah khair

Note: I am not against people seeking genuine, sincere advice to their marriage problems. Perhaps those people can be redirected to the Counselling Section instead

Comment

I voted no. I'd prefer a UF shutdown i.e. disable all new posts, I think the mods could do with a break.

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
        I voted no. I'd prefer a UF shutdown i.e. disable all new posts, I think the mods could do with a break.
        Thats a good idea, this forum can be an addiction sometimes, not so good during ramadan then
        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
          Thats a good idea, this forum can be an addiction sometimes, not so good during ramadan then
          Take no notice of me, I'm just fishing for some reps from the mods!!!

Comment

No offence but the marriage section can be a fitna just as it can be helpful

Comment

Well yes ideally it should be, but you all KNOW that peeps will just spew it onto the lounge.

And while I don't like all the fightiing in the ISIS thread, during Ramadan there will likely be important news regarding the group. It's just my feeling, but if it's closed, others threads will just pop up.
              Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
              Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

:wswrwb:

there should have been a third option- I don't care

hormonal brothers and sisters are going to post in other forums and behave the way they wanna behave whether marriage forum stays open or not, you think ramadan's gonna stop them? okay maybe when they're fasting but when they're not it's the 'would you...?' mode

more than temporary shutting down the marriage forum, these posters should be educated and that's kind of sad because they should know better but whatever
                sigpic

Comment

i clicked yes but then i i think there should have been the i dont care option like the sister above mentioned,
                  i would have clicked that instead but i can understand where your coming from...
                  “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
                  they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
                    :wswrwb:

there should have been a third option- I don't care

hormonal brothers and sisters are going to post in other forums and behave the way they wanna behave whether marriage forum stays open or not, you think ramadan's gonna stop them? okay maybe when they're fasting but when they're not it's the 'would you...?' mode

more than temporary shutting down the marriage forum, these posters should be educated and that's kind of sad because they should know better but whatever
                    ^^^this^^^

The marriage forum threads are going to migrate to the lounge and cause chaos, all hell is gonna break loose

Comment

Threads in the marriage section are like the most entertaining part of this forum sadly, that's why it needs to go.

Comment

But where will people share hypothetical iftar meals that they will have with their future spouse?
                        17-07

Comment

Originally posted by SheSaid View Post
                          But where will people share hypothetical iftar meals that they will have with their future spouse?
                          Funny!
                          sigpic

Comment

Last edited by Simply_Logical; 04-05-15, 09:28 PM.
                            “You know it's funny, when it rains it pours,
                            they got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.” - 2pac

Comment

Please shut down the poetry section too. Those crazy love poems are driving me nuts

Comment

Shut Down the Marriage Forum during Ramadan

Looooooooooooooool^^

I love that section. I OBJECT!!!!!!!!!
                                إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Working...
                                X