Shut Down the Marriage Forum during Ramadan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shut Down the Marriage Forum during Ramadan

I think what we need is a"thread closing" button on each thread. If enough members click it, the thread closes by itself. This should put a stop to some threads. If admins are worried about misuse, it could require one click from a mod to close a thread. So if any number of members click it, but no mod has clicked it, the thread doesn't close. However, if just the mod clicks it or the required number of members haven't clicked the button, then it doesn't close.

Comment

Originally posted by umm salabil View Post
      I think what we need is a"thread closing" button on each thread. If enough members click it, the thread closes by itself. This should put a stop to some threads. If admins are worried about misuse, it could require one click from a mod to close a thread. So if any number of members click it, but no mod has clicked it, the thread doesn't close. However, if just the mod clicks it or the required number of members haven't clicked the button, then it doesn't close.
      That sounds like a very good suggestion.

These are type of ideas we need from users to make gradual improvements and additions to the Forum for everyones benefit.

Comment

I personally don't think shutting down the whole section would be a good idea.

Yes there might be some people or topics that shouldnt be discussed so openly but many people use it to seek sincere advice for real problems in their lives. And many other people are able to relate and offer their own knowledge and experience. I can only give you my own example where advice from certain individuals has been extremely beneficial for my own healing.

Perhaps a better idea would be a higher level of moderation in that section? Maybe allow all users some basic form of moderation as another poster mentioned above. A like or dislike button and if it reaches a certain number of dislikes then it can be hidden and moved to a special 'review' area where a mod will decide if it should remain open or closed.

Or if the section really bothers specific users then they could have the ability to hide it from view, i think that's quite a good and easy win!
        God has created Angels with reason but having no desires; animals with desires but no reason and man with both reason and desires. Therefore, if one’s reason is stronger than his desires, he is like an Angel,
        while if his desires are stronger than his reason, he is like an animal.

- Ibn Al-Qayyim

وَاسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ

Comment

Just like the the brother above^ said, there is no need to shut the whole thing down. Just increase moderation.

Since I doubt the admins would add any new settings/features, we should find a feasible route.

Perhaps, start a committee like that 'Troll Hunter' one, where all of us can report a Thread/Post/User together for action to be taken.

I remember our Prophet said something like "If you are shameless, do whatever you like", so those brothers and sisters who comments shamelessly must be infracted and so on.
          “You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!”

Comment

Voted yes.
            ▪️••• 〰 Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response, but rather it does not befit the lion to answer the dogs. 〰 •••▪️

~ IMAM SHAFI'I RH

Comment

Well how about a compromise the section stays opens as read only ..meaning noone can reply or start a new thread. That way information is still available and the maybe make the sticky thread about where to go for marriage advice more prominent.
              No Longer On UF

Comment

if you dislike marriage section or fear the fitna, then avoid it at all cost, whether it's opened or closed, in ramadhan or not. simples

i personally never or extremely rarely visit the section again. no need to hear negativity about gender war, polygamy, cheating, racism, or would you marry blah blah polemics.

And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

In the marriage section there may be many genuine questions but many reckless replies which can go into pages and pages, that is not needed. There are also alot of hypothetical questions people ask just for the sake of passing time, it seems, and many of these kind of threads and replies are immodest.
                  “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Since it's temporary I voted yes.

Comment

Dp

Comment

Can we also shut down the 'What you ate for Suhoor/Iftar' threads too? How many threads do we need? People eat food. We get it.

Comment

Is this forum a democrtacy.? Maybe people have self control not to make absurfd thresads in Rmaadhan..since fasting is part of restraining yourself....but i vote yes because I like voting..even if no difference i made
                          “Whoever wants to purify his heart must prefer Allah over and above his own desires.” .

Comment

I voted yes, but now that two minutes have elapsed and I thoroughly thought about it, I think if it bothers you so much, don't venture into that section.

Comment

I voted no because I thought people will be seeking advice. But after thinking about it for a while I think I will say no because of the arguments and the jokes that go on between the opposite genders. I wish I could change my vote. dam it.

Comment

I see the Marriage section as a gateway to Zina. - Don't even go near it - that is the Marriage section for now, maybe?
                                La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                                (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                                Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X