Ramadan Ummah Project 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramadan Ummah Project 2015

As Salaamu 'alaikum all the little, older and in-between brothers and sisters,

I know Ramadan is still quite a while away. I was wondering if we could maximise our spiritual growth in terms of learning and implementation during that month and hopefully extend that to other times during the year as we get better at carrying out these projects in shaa Allah. A lot of time usually is just wasted but if we collectively try to commit to something and push each other, rewards would be immense in shaa Allah. It is Ummah Forum after all.

It is hardly something that will require rigorous amount of time because we will split the work in shaa Allah (if enough people that is).

I am not a scholar or someone knowledgeable. Just throwing in some ideas so that we can all put our heads together and come up with a beneficial topics in shaa Allah. I can see some of the brothers and sisters have a lot of knowledge ma shaa Allah. For those of us who don't, it just means some extra research and pulling of hair slightly. So, do not sulk yet!!

Those who are interested and are able to put aside some time, it would be nice for us to produce some 'mini articles' with sections to post as threads. We can take it in turns and choose 10 topics to post over the Ramadan and hence, allowing some reflection time in between topics in shaa Allah. I say 10 instead of 30 because too many may mean information overload and not much will be internalised.

Some guidelines:

The articles can be broken down into multiple posts under the same thread title for the ease of the reader. You can post it over 2 days, leaving a one day break until the next topic (let's not stress over this just yet!). The articles should start off on a basic level and gradually building up so that even those of little knowledge can still take something away from it and for those of knowledge, can use it as a reminder and reinforcement in shaa Allah. Also, any terminologies which are not used on a day-to-day basis must be explained with key notes present as there are people who may not be familiar with the Arabic. I am thinking there should be a word limit (please do not throw eggs at me). We need to bear in mind people will be fasting and also spending time in worship. Also, including a list of your sources would be good so people can refer back if they choose to.

(Further guidance will be discussed in shaa Allah)

Some examples would be (I chose them after looking around and being here for a while. The things most people are struggling with):

A. Understanding shahada and belief (in-depth analysis, touching on Shirk etc. How to do things purely for the sake of Allah SWT),

B. Characteristics of a believer and how to attain it (inward and outward),

C. Struggle against the nafs and repentance,

D. Salah and how to maintain it (touching on some special prayers), charity, Zakah

E. Qadr (also touching on Day of Judgement),

F. Revelation of the Qur'an, relationship with the Qur'an and how to maintain it (relevant for Laylat al-Qadr),

G. Attitude and etiquettes of the seeker of ilm (someone who has been studying under teacher or scholars would be more suitable to write it in shaa Allah) etc.
    Just some topics I thought would be beneficial. Feel free to suggest of your own.

If someone wishes to write about 'Ramadan itself and Eid', I feel that needs to be done 1-2 weeks prior to the start of Ramadan. (I am not including this as part of this project).

Most of us are quite busy people with works, studies or other life-commitments and so I felt it would be best to get the ball rolling now as it will leave us some time to gather materials and do our research based on Qur'an, Hadiths, classical texts etc for our piece instead of just personal opinions. One can also use examples from our Prophets (PBUT) and their companions.

Also, no fiqh related matters.

I also feel it is best to keep marriage related matters out of it. One can use the Marriage section if they desire to write something.

So, I would like us to choose topics that will benefit our imaan and help us to solidify our connection with our Lord regardless of what ups and downs we may be going through.

So, for now… I would like you to participate in suggesting topics. Afterwards, I will make another thread with a poll so that everyone can vote in shaa Allah. Let's see how it goes for the time being.

Of course, there are people far more knowledgable than me here and if anyone has anything to suggest to make it even more beneficial please let me know.

----------------Deadline to post your choice of topic: 27th March----------------------

Then we can use the whole of April/May to do our research properly in shaa Allah. This is so that Ramadan can be used for worship mainly in shaa Allah.

JazakAllah khair.

****Also, if chit-chatter could be kept to a minimum otherwise there will be too many posts for me to read.****

PS: I am hoping my username will change soon in shaa Allah. So, please do not be confused. Also, please do not ask what it might be as I do not want the thread to be de-railed in shaa Allah.
    Last edited by pointless; 27-02-15, 05:50 PM.
    Ramadan Ummah Project 2015 in shaa Allah
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...h-Project-2015
    Let's learn and live Islam together. Ameen.
    ----------------------- ------------------------
    My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood [17:24]

Re: Ramadan Ummah Project 2015

I like the idea. Maybe someone can use some of the topics to give weekly talks on ummah radio. Personally I used to write a brief article on a verse of the Quran and I'd like to start that again in-sha Allah. May Allah give us all tawfeeq.

Comment

sorry didnt read the whole thing but from what i read sounds like a great idea. I actually had something in mind for a thread. i list of qualities of the believers/righteous in the quran vs hypocrites/disbelievers
      Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

I didn't read the whole thing as well,sister but sound fab,may Allah let us live till ramadan sound and save. Actually I don't know what people do in the forum for ramadan.
        Ya Allah,
        Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
        "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

So, which part did you guys read… :scratch:

In summary, we choose 10 topics and split it between people. If someone has better topics they can suggest in shaa Allah. If there are too many topics floating around, I will make a poll in shaa Allah. Or we could just do the ones I jotted up there if people feel they are appropriate.

10 people could do them. If people wants to team up to do one topic, they can too in shaa Allah.

It is fine. We still have time. Idea is to let it sink in and slowly start to prepare rather than trying to do it the night before.

I don't know if people uses it. But sometimes, during ramadan people look for some guidance or knowledge than chit-chats.
          My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood [17:24]

Comment

ok can I choose characteristics of the believers? and if i might add we could do a comparison between believers and hypocrites in the quran.
            Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by hadmatter View Post
              ok can I choose characteristics of the believers? and if i might add we could do a comparison between believers and hypocrites in the quran.
              Sounds very good ma shaa Allah. I will keep a note of that in shaa Allah. Would you mind just writing your choice of topic on my visitor msg wall?

JazakAllah khair.

If I see a lot of interest, I might ask people to share topics (obviously sisters with sisters and brothers with brothers). Just letting you know.

Comment

Skimmed through the thread, looks good, keep it up will read Insha'Ala

Thread Subbed !

Comment

Assalam Alikum,

really nice ramdhan project , would love to join
                  The Masjid's are free, but empty,
                  The Clubs are paid and full,
                  Its free to enter Heaven
                  But costly to enter Hell.

Comment

Assalam Alikum,
                    sis, can i do my own topic? if so, would like to do " Adaab (etiquettes) of Ramdhan -ul- mubarak". OR i can go for "Salah and how to maintain it".
                    Its free to enter Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by nymph View Post
                      Assalam Alikum,
                      sis, can i do my own topic? if so, would like to do " Adaab (etiquettes) of Ramdhan -ul- mubarak". OR i can go for "Salah and how to maintain it".
                      Wa 'alaikum as salaam,

So, which one? :)

Choose the one you feel passionate about. That is more likely to benefit others in shaa Allah.

Comment

Walekum asalaam,

Awesome idea mashaAllah.

I could write a little bit about Qadr including having tawakkul inshaAllah.
                        God has created Angels with reason but having no desires; animals with desires but no reason and man with both reason and desires. Therefore, if one’s reason is stronger than his desires, he is like an Angel,
                        while if his desires are stronger than his reason, he is like an animal.

- Ibn Al-Qayyim

وَاسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ

Comment

Originally posted by halfmydeen89 View Post
                          Walekum asalaam,

Awesome idea mashaAllah.

I could write a little bit about Qadr including having tawakkul inshaAllah.
                          Ok in shaa Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by pointless View Post
                            Wa 'alaikum as salaam,

So, which one? :)

Choose the one you feel passionate about. That is more likely to benefit others in shaa Allah.
                            Assalam Alikum,
                            i can write on both but at the same time ask someone to do salah as well, as it is an imp topic,+ if i miss something someone else can get it right.

ps; sorry for the late post, being extremely busy.
                            Its free to enter Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by nymph View Post
                              Assalam Alikum,
                              i can write on both but at the same time ask someone to do salah as well, as it is an imp topic,+ if i miss something someone else can get it right.

ps; sorry for the late post, being extremely busy.
                              you can one of them as two might be too much.

I am hoping to have good coverage for each topic in shaa Allah.

You want to do salah?

What you could do is at some point after doing some reading around you can let me know the sub headings (I will announce the second deadline after 27th in shaa Allah) and we can see if there is anything more we can add?

You have more than enough time still in shaa Allah.

Comment

Working...
                              X