Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Sunnah a Day, Keeps shaytan at Bay: A Ramadan Project

Originally posted by Nawar View Post
    Definately. We sent over some food over the other day to our non-muslim neighbours. Alhumdulillah he asked my husband questions about Ramadan etc so it's a good opportunity to talk about religion InshaAllah.
    I think sometimes we fear what others thing to the point that we don't realize that most people are just people. And most of the non Muslims we come across don't know anything about Islam.
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Yay ummah is back, but I'm not in a computer so I'll be posting the next sunnahs later on today. InshaAllah
      مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
      Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Originally posted by blanchoir View Post
        I really don't blame you.

I feel a really disturbing silence this ramadan, while before everyone would be hyped and pumped about it, now its not the same...

even these forums, in the past year it was blooming with beautiful threads now its just... "ifs" "why" "would you?"..etc

may Allah give us the motivation for this Ramadan ameen.

Where are our regular members though? Where's everyone? they were active with these things before,
        Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
        Most of the members are busy with life...and their spouses. But I kind of feel the same way as you. Ramadan was a lot more hyped up in the previous years, but now it's been pretty silent. That may be a good thing though, because it could mean:

1. People are busy preparing
        2. The true excitement will come once Ramadan hits and then everyone will become hyped up.

There are other reasons, but let's remain positive and try to do our parts in reminding others about Ramadan. Just think, people could be praying tarawiih tomorrow. That's a pretty big deal right there.
        I share the exact same sentiments. It's part of life I guess and having to accept some stuff (don't worry if you've no idea what I'm on about). You meet people in life, spend time with them, enjoy eachother's company but sadly your time together has come to an end in the Dunya. That's how it is for me but I've got to accept it this Ramadhan and do whatever is in my capability to make the most of it albeit without the same company. Still holding on to the previous ramadhans where I was with some of the best people who :insha: have been brought on this earth (Allah make them all of the best ameen). But our time together has come to an end and it's slightly tricky adjusting to this new situation of mine. Khair In Shaa Allah.

I'm not talking about forum members btw.
        Sorry if this is off topic pippin but words of motivation/encouragement would be useful :insha:
        Last edited by F_R; 19-07-13, 03:25 PM.

لا تفكر كثيرا
        بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
          I share the exact same sentiments. It's part of life I guess and having to accept some stuff (don't worry if you've no idea what I'm on about). You meet people in life, spend time with them, enjoy eachother's company but sadly your time together has come to an end in the Dunya. That's how it is for me but I've got to accept it this Ramadhan and do whatever is in my capability to make the most of it albeit without the same company. Still holding on to the previous ramadhans where I was with some of the best people who :insha: have been brought on this earth (Allah make them all of the best ameen). But our time together has come to an end and it's slightly tricky adjusting to this new situation of mine. Khair In Shaa Allah.

I'm not talking about forum members btw.
          Sorry if this is off topic pippin but words of motivation/encouragement would be useful :insha:
          Not off topic :)

You know, I think there was a blessing in it not being as hyped out. Even if we're not with people who we loved before, or we're not going to tarwiih as much as the years before, I still think this Ramadan has been the best one so far. There is a quiet calmness to it that I love. And while I was initially worried by the length of time that we were not going to eat, it turned out to be so easy alhamdulillah. And when it's time for iftar or even suhoor when it's time to eat, you don't feel very hungry so you don't eat too much. It's all just very chill.

F_R, even if you don't feel the hype or the motivation or whatever, just sit down and think about how this Ramadan has been so far. When I did that, I was blown away and it made me want to get closer to Allah. Perhaps Allah realized that instead of being around people, we needed some alone time to really appreciate Him.

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Sunnat 7, 8, 9 & 10 are now up.

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Not off topic :)

You know, I think there was a blessing in it not being as hyped out. Even if we're not with people who we loved before, or we're not going to tarwiih as much as the years before, I still think this Ramadan has been the best one so far. There is a quiet calmness to it that I love. And while I was initially worried by the length of time that we were not going to eat, it turned out to be so easy alhamdulillah. And when it's time for iftar or even suhoor when it's time to eat, you don't feel very hungry so you don't eat too much. It's all just very chill.

F_R, even if you don't feel the hype or the motivation or whatever, just sit down and think about how this Ramadan has been so far. When I did that, I was blown away and it made me want to get closer to Allah. Perhaps Allah realized that instead of being around people, we needed some alone time to really appreciate Him.
              You're right. :jkk: this is probably for a greater reason perhaps. Thanks Pips for this, got me thinking an I've now got to accept and internalise this (again I speak in code so don't worry if it's not entirely clear).

:jkk:

لا تفكر كثيرا
              بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

New Sunnah is up.

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                You're right. :jkk: this is probably for a greater reason perhaps. Thanks Pips for this, got me thinking an I've now got to accept and internalise this (again I speak in code so don't worry if it's not entirely clear).

Wa Iyyakee.

I'm sure you'll find the blessing of this Ramadan once you think about it. :) And even if you don't, just reflect on the ayah when Allah says that there may be something you dislike but is khayr for you.

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Day 12 is now up.

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Ramadan is moving by too quickly :(

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

A different kind of sunnah for day 15, but it's one that is beautiful. Definitely try this one out.

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Ramadan is moving by too quickly :(
                        Don't count down. Too many people are counting what's left and then it ends up passing us by so quickly. We don't countdown other months an they end up going slowly. Just noticed this too much.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                        بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

MashAllah sis. This is indeed a beautiful and equally beneficial thread. May Allah swt reward you in this world and the Next. Aameen.

Comment

Natural remedies are up for Sunnah 16 & 17. A lot of great ones are out there that the Prophet (SAW) recommended, if only we took the time to try them out.

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Alhamdulillah.

After two days of trying to post the updates, I was finally able to do so. Alhamdulillah. Two new sunnat posted, including one that EVERYONE needs to do.

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Alhamdulillah day 21 and 22 are now up

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Working...
                                X