Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramadan Mubarak NOT Ramadan Kareem

Assalaamu alaikum,
    I found this on the interet and thought it was interesting.

Someone asked Sheikh Al-Uthaymeen (rahimahullah) about saying Ramadan Kareem.

He answered:

A. The ruling of that is that the statement 'Ramadan kareem' is not correct. Rather it should be said 'Ramadan Mubarak', or whatever is similar to it, because it is not Ramadan itself that gives so that it can be kareem (generous), in fact it is Allah who placed the grace in it, and made it a special month, and a time to perform one of the pillars of Islam.

It is as if the one saying this thinks that the sacredness of the time allows him to commit transgressions. This is turning around what the people of knowledge have said that bad deeds are greater at special times and places, the opposite of what the one saying this imagines. They say that it is obligatory to fear Allah - the honourable and majestic - at all times, and in all places, especially in special times and special places.

Allah - the honourable and majestic - says,

O you who believe! Observing As-Saum (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V.2:2). [2:183]

Allah shows that the wisdom of fasting is taqwa (piety) of Allah - the honourable and majestic - by fulfilling His commandments and avoiding His prohibitions. It has been ascertained from the Prophet (pbuh) that he said, "Whosoever does not leave speaking falsehood, or acting with it or ignorance, then Allah has no need that he leaves his food and drink." Fasting is cultivation of the self, guarding it from the prohibitions of Allah, and not as this ignoramus says that due to the sacredness and blessing of this month it allows commiting transgressions.

From a collection of the Shaykh Ibn al-'Uthaymeen's fatwas, As`ilah wa ajwibah 'an alfaaz wa mafaaheem fee meezaan al-sharee'ah ("Questions and Answers on Expressions and Concepts in the Scale of the Shariah") printed by Maktab al-Da'wah of Britain.
    Wa Allahu 'Alim
    My Multiply Page
    Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Friend, Teacher, Caretaker, Cook, Maid, BUT most importantly of all
    SLAVE OF ALLAH inshallah

Re: Ramadan Mubarak NOT Ramadan Kareem

Interesting post, I was just about to start a thread asking what Ramadan kareem meant and whether it was appropriate or not:up:
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Interesting..
      May we reach daruSalaam by His, and only His Decree
      I would die for the cause if I knew only to what degree
      My Blog

Comment

masha Allah :jkk: good to know whats the correct way alhamdulillah.

i heard also about when u congratulate someone, some people say mabrook but this is local arabic dialect a shaikh was telling me, that this mabrook actually is an arabic word meaning what the camel does when it sits down...( if i remember rightly insha Allah ) and the correct word in fusha arabic is mubarak wa Allahu alam.
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

:jkk:
          Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X