Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Well, I would hope not
      Ikr lol I'd be worried

Comment

What...is going on !

Comment

my daughter does but my son doesnt Alhamdulillah Allahumma Bareek

Comment

No, my kids are young (5 and under). I tell them about fasting and Ramadan but they don't quite understand yet and the older two sometimes wonder why I can't/ don't eat with them.

Every kid is different though and we know our kids best. My oldest is 5 and I'm hoping he will be a bit more aware next year and would at least be willing to 'fake fast', as long as he understands the concept of fasting he's good. By the age of 8, inshaAllah, he would want to fast on his own. The earlier they get the hang of it, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

The younger the better as they will grow accustomed to it. If you don't allow them to fast until 10-12, they will struggle hugely.

Mine is 9 and started last year when the days were longer. This year, he's okay alhamdulillaah during the weekends.

Next year In Sha Allaah - they will be shorter and most likely fall during Easter holidays, so he should be keeping most of them In Sha Allaah.
              I second this, the training starts from younger days -- I see people who don't fast (or just fast 5-7 days), they didn't fast in their younger days, so now they struggle.

our parents trained us, like we say chiri roza for kids, I remember fasting at 8 years of age and breaking the fast at noon -- this is how we trained our kids -- my kids (now grown up except one) have been fasting since age 9-10.
              "Europe died in Bosnia and was buried in Syria. Bodies of innocent children washing ashore are the
              western civilization's tombstones"

Rajab Tayyab Erdogan

Comment

Mine is 9 and started last year when the days were longer. This year, he's okay alhamdulillaah during the weekends.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X