X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wannabefarmer
    replied
    omg sorry the image i linked is the wrong chart. it's this one
    basically i feel you are already aware of your emotional response to certain verses and how they're impacting you to a point of hopelessness (which is too much nobody should be hopeless)
    so i feel if yuo do this activity daily or before at least one prayer you may be better able to
    integrate that emotion logically, over time, instead of illogically (which is leading to the despair you mention)
    and talk to God about it too (like God, I feel "paralyzed", please help me, and replace it with a better feeling that will strengthen my faith.)
    just... "organically" (which is a term i hate) ..
    instead of some outsider telling a person what to do... or say or feel..
    (which becomes a brittle, hollow type of faith -
    and that type of 'faith' with imposed 'feelings' makes us very bitter, angry, and resentful over time, as i've seen even a moulvi sahab be)

if you just check in (it validates the feeling, done regularly) and link it with God (by doing it before Salah, or praying about it on the spot)

just cognitively there won't be that barrier between the two (feelings and faith) and that'll strengthen your connection to God tenfold.. re-calibrating by checking in, and coming back stronger (daily)

anyway that's helped me

Last edited by wannabefarmer; 30-07-21, 06:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Eijaz Koor
    replied
    Originally posted by Hudaa637273 View Post
    I’ve been waiting for 7 months for my imaan to increase

my imaan is decreasing everyday. I just feel this block in my heart. Reading Quran isn’t something I enjoy or even understand anymore. I find it so hard to concentrate in prayer and my prayers feel totally dead.
    I really wanna go back to a time where my imaan was high, I would wake up in the morning feeling like allahs friend, I would praise Allah and then have a good day full of blessings and Quran reading. I would increase my imaan whenever I read the Quran.

now my worst nightmare is becoming true😣 I don’t wanna read Quran as I used to. My prayers are dead and so is my knowledge seeking

whenever I read the Quran I see it talking about disbelievers and I feel sad and scared and I cry so much because I’m afraid of going to hellfire. I don’t feel like a mumin even tho I really want to be one.
    The fact that you made this post mean you DEFINITELY have Imaan else it wouldn't bother you.

We all go through ups and downs... try to something small like two pages of quraan and stick to it no matter what... make shukr for that and than see how Allah will increase you to do more.

Leave a comment:

• wannabefarmer
    replied
    i think emaan is fluid (ebbs and flows) as other aspects of our life, and esp some things can shake it as people are so isolated nowadays it's worse
    also some moments in life and personalities too make one feel like its all or nothing,
    working out is like that too - you might give up but long term either you needed the rest for muscles to recover, injured
    yourself by going too fast/too enthusiastic (beyond your capability at that point) and tore a muscle or sprained your wrist,

etc - you gather your thoughts, you believe in yourself, realize what you need to change about your mindset, so even the rest or 'ebbing away' strengthens you long-term.

God loves when we ask for help in anything, just knowing God is there no matter what, ,
    God loves when we TRUST that we'll be okay with Him, God loves when we ask for forgiveness even if we make the same mistake many many times over.

maybe you think your emaan is weakening but you're exploring another aspect of growth and challenges and don't realize thats part is requiring emaan too (but could be you're just getting distracted and confused by the new way of thinking/feeling
    / processing and trying to assimilate new information and experiences,
    that you can't be consistent in prayer and that's the big challenge)

being understanding with myself was the key in fixing my emaan.
    checking in on myself (emotional awareness)
    i used this image daily, or multiple times a day, checking off which way i feel (no judgement) to re-connect with myself
    no judgement --
    i was feeling certain ways and not realizing and therefore not managing it properly - i was behind on MYSELF - which impacted my EMAAN greatly.
    R1311L_A.gif (360×188) (hbr.org)
    i dont know if that may help you too.. it did me anyway..

aim for consistency; a smaller good action done consistently is better than going all out PERFECT, super duper, and feeling so disheartened if you cannot reach that level non-stop.
    like prayer, just getting through and doing the obligatory ones, even if you dont feel like it, dont look for it (you know the phrase "trust the process"?)
    also if you miss a prayer, or many prayers, and give up, you lose that rope that pulls us out of the well of despondency.

anyway hugs to you.. also...someone above wrote it more eloquently and concisely - don't measure your emaan in the first place, leave it alone and just DO and BE... don't measure...

(LIKE PLANTING SEEDS IN A GARDEN, one cannot constantly expect oneself to sit there , watering ,etc, every day, and mull over it not growing fast as last year - if one thought like that, one might actually
    feel aggravated and fed up, get up, kick the ground, and destroy whatever progress the garden WAS making,
    and kick the seeds up and stomp off! and even then you have the chance daily to replant - but
    if you
    never re-plant because it could "NEVER BE PERFECT LIKE LAST TIME" or "i can't do it, i'm not made for gardening" or "it's been so long i might as well not" ..
    that will be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

you have to live each day and trust that, despite mistakes like missing watering it here and there, the seeds will blossom into a great orchard or garden!
    if a storm overturns it, too, big whoop, the storm will subside and you can try again!

best part is God counts our hardships and struggles as good deeds too,
    God is happy with and rewards details we may not even give much weight to, like intention.

Leave a comment:

• hamza81
    replied

my imaan is decreasing everyday. I just feel this block in my heart. Reading Quran isn’t something I enjoy or even understand anymore. I find it so hard to concentrate in prayer and my prayers feel totally dead.
    I really wanna go back to a time where my imaan was high, I would wake up in the morning feeling like allahs friend, I would praise Allah and then have a good day full of blessings and Quran reading. I would increase my imaan whenever I read the Quran.

now my worst nightmare is becoming true😣 I don’t wanna read Quran as I used to. My prayers are dead and so is my knowledge seeking

whenever I read the Quran I see it talking about disbelievers and I feel sad and scared and I cry so much because I’m afraid of going to hellfire. I don’t feel like a mumin even tho I really want to be one.
    Assalaamu Alaikum, the concern you feel over your imaan is a sign of Imaan itself.

I just wanted to share some advices as a reminder to myself first and foremost and to you and others that may be of some benefit. Firstly in order to correct our imaan and to get closer to Allah then we must do our best to fulfill our obligations unto Allah, like our 5 daily Salah on time (in congregation for men), to fast in Ramadan if we are in good health, to give our Zakaat yearly if we are eligible to, and Hajj if we can afford it.

It is to do every good action with the best of intentions and sincerity only to please Allah and not to show off otherwise it will be rejected and we will be questioned about it in the Hereafter. It is to keep away from the major sins and resist our desires and temptations and to control our eyes, tongues and limbs from that which is forbidden. It is also to keep away from the minor sins as they can eventually develop into major sins if we are not careful.

It is to cover as is obligated to women and for her and men to dress modestly. It is to serve our parents which is the best of deeds even if they are non Muslims. It is to keep good relations with our siblings and families as a whole. It is to be the best towards our spouses and to treat them with utmost honour, mercy and respect. It is to forbid evil if we see it and to enjoin good. It is to bring up our children with good manners and Islamic upbringing so they may grow up as practising Muslims.

The heaviest of good deeds on the scales are for us to have good manners and be polite, easy going and be good to everyone around us especially our families and neighbors. It is through connecting to him through recitation and understanding the Qur'an and implement what we learn in every aspect of our lives.

It is to learn knowledge of our Deen and implement what we learn and teach it to our children, families and other Muslims. It is to earn a halal livelihood to provide for our families. It is to be patient through trials, hardships and adversities. Those of us who are afflicted with the most hardest trials and Hardships are rewarded the most if they are patient and put their reliance in Allah. For Allah is close to such people and he rewards them without measure.

Then you have optional worship which enables us to get closer to Allah and gain even higher ranks in Jannah through optional prayers, fasting Mondays, Thursdays and the 3 white days (13th, 14th and 15th of each Islamic month). It is to awaken in the nights before Fajr and pray Tahajjud, it is to make Dua to Allah as much as we can, begging of him for his mercy and forgiveness and to fulfill our needs and wants. It is through sincere repentance throughout the day and night, to learn Dua's and Adhkar and recite on specific times, situations and circumstances. It is to thank Allah and be grateful to him all the time. It is to remember Allah night and day and do the prescribed Dhikr.

The best state a Muslim can be in is to have Taqwa (fearful awareness of Allah) all the time and to strive to gain Ihsaan (being in a state where we are aware Allah is watching us). It is to spend on our families and to give charity according to our financial situation to worthy causes and those in need, only to please Allah.

It is to be of benefit to those close to us, our local communities and humanity as a whole as much as we can within our circles of influence and capabilities as every one of our situations and circumstances is different and unique to us. It is to try and leave a legacy behind, so that even after our deaths we will continuously gain rewards like for example charity that gains ongoing rewards like building a Masjid, orphanage, hospital, Islamic School, planting a tree and having righteous children that will make Dua for us. It is to invite others towards Islam even if it's by displaying good character. It is to forward reminders for others to do good deeds, to console someone who needs consoling or to give a good advice or words of encouragement. By doing even a small good action we do not realise what a huge impact it can have on other people's lives which will gain us ongoing rewards.

We do not have to be known to the world in order to have high ranks in the Hereafter. In fact it is better not to be known so that we can maintain good intentions and sincerity in our good actions. We must try and do most of our good actions in private if we can.

So we must never think that we are not able to achieve great things as everyone of us has a unique opportunity according to our specific situations and circumstances to make a huge impact to our circles of influence. Whether we are ill, sick, a Mother, in prison or whatever situation we are in, then we have every opportunity to achieve great things and be the closest to Allah in order to achieve the highest ranks in Jannah.

I hope that helped in someway insha'Allah.

Please refer to the following articles and threads for many more resources on helping us with our imaan and getting closer to Allah:

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/is...pdated-version

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/is...loser-to-allah

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/is...anks-of-jannah

If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to post back. Jazakallahu khayran.

Leave a comment:

• neelu
    replied
    I don't know where you live but there are a couple of Islamic scholars in London: Moinul Abu Hamza and his wife Muftiya Nasima Umm Hamza. They run a course on critical thinking (inshaAllah might be available online if you're not in London) for precisely this sort of thing as they've encountered many youth who've been slipping away from the deen so they designed courses to help answer people's fundamental questions. The courses do cost money to run but if you're struggling financially, they take that into consideration as well. Sounds to me like you really need something like that.

This isn't the only course they run but definitely seems you need something along these lines:
    Facebook

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied
    You need more knowledge. Knowledge is to be like water revitalising the Earth.

Leave a comment:

• Mohammad Ali
    replied
    Without recitation of Qur'an hearts cannot be softened. Keep reading surahs like Marriam.

Leave a comment:

• Hudaa637273
    replied
    Bump

Leave a comment:

• sky-ab
    replied

Salam

Firstly take is slow and build in and perfect small steps to bring you closer to Allah don't do things all at once or it will become too burdensome

Do you know arabic?
    If you don't learn the meaning of the surahs you recite in salat.
    Also, learn the correct form in salat to help you gain khushoo i.e pausing after reciting an ayah allows you to reflect upon it.

Maybe start memorising quran with meanings too so do like 3 ayaat a week and make sure you recite in your salat understanding the meaning ls of the ayaaat

​​​​​​​Most importantly seek istighfaar and guidance from Allah

Leave a comment:

• Hamza1416
    replied
    my imaan hasn’t increased yet though and I don’t understand why
    mabe the way you measure how your iman increase is wrong to begin with

Leave a comment:

• Hudaa637273
    replied
    Originally posted by Hamza1416 View Post
    salam alaykum wa rahmat allah
    this fear you have is a sign of iman people with hard hearts dont have this fear nto begin with so dont let shaytan fool you
    good deeds increase your iman like maintaining all your daily fard prayers on time extra sunnah prayers and voluntary fasting like each monday or thursday or 3 white days of each lunar month or the fasting of daoud
    my imaan hasn’t increased yet though and I don’t understand why

Leave a comment:

• Hudaa637273
    replied
    Bump

Leave a comment:

• Hamza1416
    replied
    salam alaykum wa rahmat allah
    this fear you have is a sign of iman people with hard hearts dont have this fear nto begin with so dont let shaytan fool you
    good deeds increase your iman like maintaining all your daily fard prayers on time extra sunnah prayers and voluntary fasting like each monday or thursday or 3 white days of each lunar month or the fasting of daoud

Leave a comment:

• Is my imaan never gonna increase??!!?? Heart has hardened

Last edited by Hudaa637273; 22-03-21, 08:30 PM.

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X