Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sighting for Eid from African nations today, Friday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sighting for Eid from African nations today, Friday?

A trusted brother said that he was informed by Sheikh Muhammad Lo in Senegal that several African nations have spotted the hilal

Anyone else hear this?

signal-٢٠٢٠-٠٥-٢٢-٢٠٢٠٢٥.jpg
    Last edited by AbuMubarak; 23-05-20, 01:23 AM.
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Apparently the moon has been sighted in Somalia and Kenya.

Comment

So does that mean we are no longer submissive to only saudi sightings?
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

I can't see anything online about that?

Comment

I'm doing it on Sunday regardless.

Comment

The same news reached me today. Also scientifically they said it would've been possible to sight the moon with optics in those countries. I guess there's not much fuss about it since it's coming from African countries instead of Saudi, but that doesn't matter to me. It's Eid today.

Comment

In new Zealand the hilal committee has announced moon sighted so eid for us tomorrow

Most muslims here use local sightings. Honestly I dont really understand the fiqh either way so I stick with the jamaah here

Eid Mubarak everyone
              "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                I'm doing it on Sunday regardless.
                I'll be doing the same, as it's more important to preserve the local jammat, as was the ruling of Aisha (radiallahi anha) when asked by a man who was convinced that the month had ended and the local community did not agree.

Saying that, there are good points for both local and global sightings, but if we're just following saudi then unless you're living there you're not doing either.
                FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by TazkiyyatunNafs View Post
                  The same news reached me today. Also scientifically they said it would've been possible to sight the moon with optics in those countries. I guess there's not much fuss about it since it's coming from African countries instead of Saudi, but that doesn't matter to me. It's Eid today.
                  You are celebrating Eid today??

Comment

Originally posted by Farah. A View Post

You are celebrating Eid today??
                    I'm not really celebrating anything. Even if I would believe Eid would be tomorrow I wouldn't really be celebrating tomorrow, since to me, the Eid prayer is way of celebration. For me this is just as any other day now, just that I believe it's Eid today. And the same was last year when the moon was sighted in Saudi, but here they went on for another day. Anyway, as far as I know it's only my immediate community that believes it's Eid today. And Allaah knows best.

Comment

Originally posted by TazkiyyatunNafs View Post

I'm not really celebrating anything. Even if I would believe Eid would be tomorrow I wouldn't really be celebrating tomorrow, since to me, the Eid prayer is way of celebration. For me this is just as any other day now, just that I believe it's Eid today. And the same was last year when the moon was sighted in Saudi, but here they went on for another day. Anyway, as far as I know it's only my immediate community that believes it's Eid today. And Allaah knows best.
                      Why so serious sister? Lol
                      I meant that you are not fasting today but anyway there is nothing wrong with expressing joy on the days of Eid.

Yeah last year was different because the moon wasn’t sighted here but it was sighted in Saudi. This year it is not sighted in both Saudi and Egypt!

khayr in shaa Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by Farah. A View Post

Why so serious sister? Lol
                        I meant that you are not fasting today but anyway there is nothing wrong with expressing joy on the days of Eid.

Yeah last year was different because the moon wasn’t sighted here but it was sighted in Saudi. This year it is not sighted in both Saudi and Egypt!

khayr in shaa Allah.
                        I think you're reading my comment in a certain tone where truly there's none ukhti. I'm always serious on here though and I don't think that's a bad thing. But that's beside the point, I didn't mean my comment to carry any negative emotions. But yes, I'm not fasting.

There's no difference between Saudi or any other country, or is there? The only difference is whether you go by local or global sightings. If I follow the latter then it shouldn't matter to me whether the moon is sighted in Somalia or in Saudi. The only thing that matters is reliability.

Comment

https://crescentcouncil.weebly.com/announcements.html

The Crescent Council of Canada declares the 1st of Shawwāl (‘Eīd Al-Fiṭr) for Saturday May 23, 2020.

The Crescent Council of Canada has received confirmation of multiple sightings in Somalia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Gambia and Tanzania on Ramaḍān 29, 1441 (May 22, 2020). Sighting in the region was also scientifically possible through optical aid. Our local scholars, Shaykh Saeed Rageah and Imam Hasan Usman have verified the sighting reports with authorities and scholars in the region, including the grand Mufti of Somalia, Mufti Muhammad Omar Direr. Based on this verified information, the Crescent Council of Canada declares ‘Eīd Al-Fiṭr (Shawwāl 1st,1441) for tomorrow, Saturday May 23, 2020.
                          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

GambiaEid.jpeg
                            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

A lot of "PakistanSomalia" memes flying about.

Comment

Working...
                              X