are you supposed to be up all from magrib to dawn for laylatu qadr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are you supposed to be up all from magrib to dawn for laylatu qadr

Aisha reported: With the start of the last ten days of Ramadan, the Prophet (saw) used to tighten his waist belt (i.e. work harder) and used to pray the whole night, and used to keep his family awake for the prayers. [Bukhari]

So my question is are you supposd to pray til dawn an be awake til dawn?

How can one pray for the whole night isnt traweeh only 11 rakats?. and are we really supossed to pray all night?, I didnt know about this and would appreciate some replies concerning this matter?

thers also this ayat:
    Allah says in the Qur’an: The Night of Decree is better than a thousand months. The angels and the Spirit descend therein by permission of their Lord for every matter. Peace it is until the emergence of dawn. [Qur’an: 97:3-5]

ive have work and suffers from fatigue. dont know how am I going to do this but I will try, just have to know how can one pray all night and also if this is correct

Also is laylatul-qadr only on a specific time of the night, like for example it is on a specific hour or a short period of the night that is usally unknown. And if you catche it praying perhaps all your sins are forgiving?

There is taraweeh which is 8 rakat and there is tahajjud whoch is also 8 rakat and there is witr which is 3, so its possible during the last ten days the imam prays 8 taraweeh a d 11 tahajud, either way if you attend these prayers you will be praying throughout the night, with some pauze between both and after tahajud which you can use to read or make adhkar and dua, so its easy to fill the whole night up.

you dont have to do it though if you don't want to but its very good to do it. Maybe you can go to sleep after isha and wakeup for tahajjud, which would be about 2 hours before fajr.

laylat ul qadr is one of the 10 last nights, most likely an odd night and most likely the 27th, but it is best to increase worship on all last 10 nights since it could be any of them regardless. Laylat ul qadr is from maghrib until fajr. As you can know from the surah, it says "Salaamun hiya matla'il fajr", "peace it is until the emergence of dawn"
    Please visit my Youtube cooking channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiv...YMkhbbgtX-lL8Q

Comment

You can pray as much as you want, two by two. There are no limits to the number of rak'ah for the night prayers. What you mentioned are just the recommended Sunnah night prayers. Whatever extra you pray other than these would be nafeelah or voluntary.

Plus, you can do any act of Ibadah, no need to restrict yourself to just prayer. You may recite Qur'an, do Dhikr etc.

Also, it isn't obligatory but of course highly rewarding to do as much ibadah as you can from sunset until dawn during these last ten days. If you cannot, there will be no sin on you.

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

There are many acts of worship that one can do, it’s not restricted to qiyaam ul layl - you can recite Quran, give charity, make plenty and plenty of dua, ask for repentance, do dhikr etc. I usually split my night up, so after Esha prayers, I recite a portion of Quran & then make dua. I then start with qiyaam ul layl and after every 4 rakaats make dua & then recite some more Quraan. I continue this until just before fajr and it makes it manageable because I’m doing bite sized chunks of everything

With regard to the prayer, during ruku you can glorify Allah more than usual & during sujood you can make more dua.

https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
        X