Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Becoming a better person

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Becoming a better person

    A goal I aspire to is becoming a better ME by end of Ramadan & after Ramadan than the version of Me that walked in to Ramadan. It could be something simple but small habits add up over lifetime. Would you say you are a better person than the version you were 3 weeks ago? are you making progress toward a new goal/habits you can keep long after ruza

    Ramadan is flying by and I feel like I am on survival mode instead of thriving. But reading quran is one of those goals I hope to keep after Ramadan. I am good about reading during this month but not much after. So I hope I can improve this.

  • #2
    less cussing joking and wasteful words
    which i struggle with
    Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 23-05-19, 07:13 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      I noticed its easier to break down amounts of quran than doing it all in one go

      if its broken down you can keep it consistent after ramadan

      we arent ramadan muslims we should be trying to improve and stay upon that

      when it comes to quran i read 20 to 30 mins and then later on in the day again 20 to 30cmins that way i finish a juz and in sha Allah I will try to keep quran consistent if im not doing a juz everyday atleast a third or half that way can be completing quran a number of times a year

      also translation is important if u dont know arabic
      We need to know what Allah is telling us so aim to read abit of translatiom everyday so u finish quran A to Z saheeh international is best in my opinion

      also read tafsir so u know the story behind the revelation the explanation etc
      Tafsir sa adi is good and is in english

      tafsir ibn kathir is also good but more hadith based

      Comment


      • #4
        During Ramadan when I am putting everything else in minimal mode (no gym, no tv, no socializing, no major house cleaning, reduce sleep, reduce cooking time) and I am doing good if I get 30 minute of reading quran in. In the past, non Ramadan time I aimed for just 5 minute reading which could easily turn to 10 minutes depends on the day but aimed for 5 min/day. TBH that wouldn't last too long & eventually I am reading weekly if not monthly.

        But there is so many other things I would like to continue but its better to have one goal instead of multiple. I want to continue intermittent fasting after Ramadan, in the diet sense. I have tried it in past and failed. But also Islamic fast middle of month. I made that goal in past but didn't last.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kya View Post
          A goal I aspire to is becoming a better ME by end of Ramadan & after Ramadan than the version of Me that walked in to Ramadan. It could be something simple but small habits add up over lifetime. Would you say you are a better person than the version you were 3 weeks ago? are you making progress toward a new goal/habits you can keep long after ruza

          Ramadan is flying by and I feel like I am on survival mode instead of thriving. But reading quran is one of those goals I hope to keep after Ramadan. I am good about reading during this month but not much after. So I hope I can improve this.
          In sha Allah you can continue your efforts after Ramadan.
          "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Muslim First View Post

            In sha Allah you can continue your efforts after Ramadan.
            Good to see old member posting

            Assalamualikum
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

            So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

            Comment


            • #7
              There are people who literally made the quran their companion

              when in solitary confinement whilst everyone went insane they connected to the quran and stayed sane
              whilst in jail they became hufaadh

              some people from the salaf would recite the entire quran once a day or every 3 days

              imam shafiee in ramadan would recite the entire quran twice a day everyday

              of course this maybe way above us but we can atleast try finish the quran once a month
              whether its 6 pages each salah or 20 mins every couple of hours or two 30 min sessions its possible
              and even if you cant achieve that then recite what you can but keep it consistent after ramadan
              ulama say you know a deed has been accepted by Allah if youve kept it consistent

              the reason we arent able to read quran all the time is due to our sins
              beneficial reminder

              https://youtu.be/tFTZvLWWxSU

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kya View Post
                During Ramadan when I am putting everything else in minimal mode (no gym, no tv, no socializing, no major house cleaning, reduce sleep, reduce cooking time) and I am doing good if I get 30 minute of reading quran in. In the past, non Ramadan time I aimed for just 5 minute reading which could easily turn to 10 minutes depends on the day but aimed for 5 min/day. TBH that wouldn't last too long & eventually I am reading weekly if not monthly.

                But there is so many other things I would like to continue but its better to have one goal instead of multiple. I want to continue intermittent fasting after Ramadan, in the diet sense. I have tried it in past and failed. But also Islamic fast middle of month. I made that goal in past but didn't last.
                Maybe try with other family members
                also cater around it by adjusting time table and social or work activites

                in regards to quran remember each letter is getting you 10 rewards in sha Allah and on the day of judgement this quran may possibly intercede for you and be the reason you dont go hell

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

                  Good to see old member posting

                  Assalamualikum
                  Wa Alaykum Assalaam, good to see you sister. Hope all is well with you, I still browse the forum, just haven't posted as much. I'll try to be more active though in sha Allah.
                  "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X