Strawberry milkshakes
    Strawberry Sundae
    Kadhi pakora
    Karahi
    Biryani

Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post

Ours is actually a halogen oven that can be used as an airfryer.
      tbh never heard of a halogen oven before

Comment

Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post
        Where I live in Ramadan the typical food that the Asians give to us are somasas, pakoras and kebabs (fried). Even if we decide no fried food we usually end up with it from neighbours. There are other Muslims who are not Asian and they give a variety of different food.¬*

When brothers (and sisters) go masjid they should keep an eye out for any reverts or anyone else that is always opening the fast in the masjid and if they don't have any family to open it with.¬*

Sometimes send food to the masjid too. There are times when food is left over so it gwts taken to tbe masjid around isha time and am told gets finished off there quite quick.
        Our local Masjids have iftaar meals for the brothers after Maghrib.

I understand what you mean about the neighbours though.

We have Bengali neighbours who are usually very "giving", and now a family of Afghans have moved nearby too - they seem pleasant enough.

The giving and receiving becomes a ritual in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
          Pizza
          Beef brugers
          Strawberry milkshakes
          Strawberry Sundae
          Kadhi pakora
          Karahi
          Biryani
          ​​​​​​Pointing out the obvious here - none of that is healthy.

Comment

Fruit Salad + Chicken Caesar Salad + (Pakistani) Tea.

In Sha Allaah.

Then change the salad on alternate days, to Salmon, Tuna, Eggs, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

​​​​​​Pointing out the obvious here - none of that is healthy.
              People eat healthy and end up in the hospital. Key is eating less.
              Watch those eyes

Comment

People eat healthy and end up in the hospital. Key is eating less.
                My siblings say this to me (as a dig).

Moderation is key, yes.

But why opt for things filled with sugar, fat, salt, when they are known to cause health issues?

I think it's better to be cautious. Keep away from that which has no benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

My siblings say this to me (as a dig).

Moderation is key, yes.

But why opt for things filled with sugar, fat, salt, when they are known to cause health issues?

I think it's better to be cautious. Keep away from that which has no benefit.
                  Anything Allaah hasn't made haraam isn't haraam. It is all pure. You can even drink too much water and die.

Eat anything halaal. Keep it very little. There will be no harm.

There was a doctor who used to cure people who were diabetic by putting them on a sugar and rice diet.
                  Watch those eyes

Comment

Anything Allaah hasn't made haraam isn't haraam. It is all pure. You can even drink too much water and die.

Eat anything halaal. Keep it very little. There will be no harm.

There was a doctor who used to cure people who were diabetic by putting them on a sugar and rice diet.
                    I understand what you mean.

However, it becomes a matter of indulgence. It's best to stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                      Life is short
                      ima have onion bhaji and pakoras everyday
                      and 10 dates everyday
                      then rice and lamb and chick peas and everything else
                      whats onion bhaji and pakoras.

nvm googled already. interesting, ive prolly had those too.
                      Allah Subḥānahu wa-taʿālā has mentioned in the Quran in chapter Surah Al-Baqarah [ 2:183] and [2:185] O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous -

The month of Ramadhan is that in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. Al-Baqarah [2:185]

Comment

Eating watermelon somewhere during sehri or iftar helps, (for those in hot countries i think) to help against dehydration to a certain extent.

probably fruits in general is good. eat a balanced meal
                        Allah Subḥānahu wa-taʿālā has mentioned in the Quran in chapter Surah Al-Baqarah [ 2:183] and [2:185] O you who have believed, decreed upon you is fasting as it was decreed upon those before you that you may become righteous -

The month of Ramadhan is that in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. Al-Baqarah [2:185]

Comment

Use olive oil if possible for cooking, because olive is mentioned in the Quran.
                          And known to be healthy. I would recommend it.

Less oil is good, sometimes my mother would prefer to steam the fish, she mentions its a healthier choice.
                          but fried is still ok, alternating

Comment

Pizza
                            Beef brugers
                            Strawberry milkshakes
                            Strawberry Sundae
                            Kadhi pakora
                            Karahi
                            Biryani
                            lol wut.
                            No.

but fair enough, eat in moderation.
                            Maybe you didnt meant to troll, but quoted food that you liked to eat during Ramadhan?
                            I ate those too nonetheless during Ramadhan, but this thread is more towards the healthier choice.

we are trying to inspire each other here
                            Last edited by MuslimThinker; 28-04-19, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Pizza
                              Beef brugers
                              Strawberry milkshakes
                              Strawberry Sundae
                              Kadhi pakora
                              Karahi
                              Biryani
                              Kadhi Pakora - Is probably the best option on that list.¬*

Mintchocchip - have you ever tried that?¬*

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimThinker View Post

whats onion bhaji and pakoras.

nvm googled already. interesting, ive prolly had those too.
                                In bengali
                                its called phiagi and pakora

phiagi/onion bhaji is basically lentils mashed into a liquid mixed with onions chilli and spices into a a gloomy liquid thats then fried

pakora is same but potatoe based not lentils

Comment

Working...
                                X