Sandwich
    7.14%
    Other
    64.29%

The poll is expired.

Please Re-update your Signature

what is kabsa??

Peace
    3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Comment

Asalamualaikum sis...

Kabsa is what we saudi's eat rice and cheeken

Wasalam Make dua for me

your sister in islam umm anas

Comment

Originally posted by Bagdad
        Asalamualaikum sis...

Wasalam Make dua for me

Rice and chicken?? Saudis have rice and chicken? (what kinda chicken?)

-Rashid
        :hidban:

Comment

salam
          ok for iftar..i luv having lamb donar and fries
          or
          mixed donar and fries
          or
          chawal(rice)
          or
          fried chicken
          or
          spicy chicken wrap
          or
          samosas
          or
          pizza
          or
          chips
          or
          ice cream
          or
          pasta
          or
          coco pops

dats it....hehe

Comment

Salams

all iftaar is good i eat anything really not fussy :)

anyway whilst we at it..not attempting to spoil thsi thread or anything but each time we sit on thte table full of nice food in front of us do spare a thought for the less fortunate ones out there that dont have this luxury each day as we do :)

ws
            sajid

Comment

Here is my list:

something eatable

something drinkable

something
              Abu Hamzah Anas bin Malik, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:
              "None of you truly believes (in Allah and in His religion) until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself"

Comment

Originally posted by Rashid786
                Rice and chicken?? Saudis have rice and chicken? (what kinda chicken?)

-Rashid
                Assalamu Alaikum

Below is some information about Kabsa, taken from an article about Saudi Arabian Food.

As for me, I have to agree with abdusamad and sajid, anything eatable and drinkable. However the best are dates, the Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) used to eat fresh dates, if they weren't available, then dry dates, if these weren't available, then water. And finally the worst thing you can do is fill up your stomach and then have to pray Taraweeh, how many people make that mistake.:D :vomit:

Wassalam

Umm Musab Al Barbariyah

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Saudi Arabian Foods

The Saudi Kingdom is well known for its variety of traditional dishes that reflect the diversity of the regions and the custom of the people. Most of the dishes contain meat, rice, wheat, vegetables and spices that give these recipes a special flavor. One of Saudi Arabia's most famous dishes is Al-Kabsa. Al-Kabsa is made of rice cooked with red or white meat or chicken in a pot. A variety of spices and salads can be added to the dish. Al-Kabsa is considered a staple dish throughout the Kingdom..........

http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/FOOD_I...i_cooking.html
                Youssef ibn Asbaat related that he once heard Sufyaan Ath-Thauree say: "In our view, a person does not have an understanding of the religion until he thinks of a hardship as being a blessing, and a comfort and luxury as being a hardship."

Comment

Originally posted by peace2u
                  what is kabsa??

Peace
                  Sister Peace2U,

Kabsa is a saudi dish of rice and chicken or meat

THANKS..

AssalamuAlaikum

AbuAbdurahman

Comment

cant beat good old chicken and rice :)
                    The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

Asalamualaikum

Other...

SAMBUSA'S! WHERE ARE MY SOMALI BROTHER AND SISTERS AT!

:banan:

Wa'alaikumasalam

Comment

lol...I like "biryani" or "akhni" which is just a typical asian rice thingie with looads of "ghee" :D

Its soft and carbohydratee so it keeps me going until suhur :)

-Rashid

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian Hijab
                          Asalamualaikum

Other...

SAMBUSA'S! WHERE ARE MY SOMALI BROTHER AND SISTERS AT!

:banan:

Wa'alaikumasalam
                          Sis I'm not Somali but I'll join you on this one

:banan::banan::banan::banan::banan::banan::banan:: banan::banan:

Peace
                          3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagdad
                            Asalamualaikum sis...

Wasalam Make dua for me

Sister Peace2U,

Kabsa is a saudi dish of rice and chicken or meat

THANKS..

AssalamuAlaikum
                            Is it like Biriyani??

Peace

Comment

Originally posted by reyaah_annasr
                              Assalamu Alaikum

Below is some information about Kabsa, taken from an article about Saudi Arabian Food.

As for me, I have to agree with abdusamad and sajid, anything eatable and drinkable. However the best are dates, the Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) used to eat fresh dates, if they weren't available, then dry dates, if these weren't available, then water. And finally the worst thing you can do is fill up your stomach and then have to pray Taraweeh, how many people make that mistake.:D :vomit:

Wassalam

Umm Musab Al Barbariyah

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Saudi Arabian Foods

The Saudi Kingdom is well known for its variety of traditional dishes that reflect the diversity of the regions and the custom of the people. Most of the dishes contain meat, rice, wheat, vegetables and spices that give these recipes a special flavor. One of Saudi Arabia's most famous dishes is Al-Kabsa. Al-Kabsa is made of rice cooked with red or white meat or chicken in a pot. A variety of spices and salads can be added to the dish. Al-Kabsa is considered a staple dish throughout the Kingdom..........

http://www.inmamaskitchen.com/FOOD_I...i_cooking.html
                              :jkk: for the info BTW. I forgot to say jazakallah earlier :embar:

-Rashid

Comment

Working...
                              X