• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you do on a 12-hour flight

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Bring a Nintendo Switch.
    You have one?
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
      You have one?
      Nein.
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
        Nein.
        Brother please don't speak Nazi.

Comment

I'm gonna be completely honest here.

I just turn on that ICE system before the Steward can bore me to death telling me how to put your seatbelt

I watch all the latest movies.

I grab about 5 drinks from the drink trolley and stash it as if an Armageddon and Apocalypse is going to dawn upon me within an hour.

If I fly nights I always wind up the window seat person telling them the airplane rule is to close the shutter during a night flight

If I fly day I wind up the window seat person telling them its too bright.

Then I tell the steward to bring me a Duty Free catalogue - they get so excited thinking I'm actually going to buy something - and obviously I don't buy anything.

Then I walk to the back of the plane (Emirates) where the staff chill out after their duties (mid flight) and get extra food. They are so generous. Whilst I'm there I bring up the topic of Salaries and ask them what they earn and they get so uncomfortable because obviously the salary scales differ...and everyone can hear each other.

During night flights the ones occupying the isle seat sometimes take off their shoes but it is on the isle passageway (and that's dangerous) - so I take the liberty to kick it a few seats down and into someone else's foot space.
          (7 is my all time record)

And just when we land in Dubai - as you know there are always 2 or 3 stewards standing at the door to gladly say goodbye with a big smile and 6 tons of make up - its right at that point that I pause, turn and ask the steward - how long will it take to get to the Statue of Liberty !!!!

Comment

Working...
          X