Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you keep this forum a secret?

:salams

I've noticed many members on here use this forum to disclose personal issues about themselves, which they wouldn't be comfortable enough sharing with others in real life. Also, I realised others rant and vent about their family members, spouses, etcetera.

This makes me question whether people on here keep this forum a secret, as in no one in real life knows your username or that you post here. How do you manage to post here secretly? Are you okay with anyone in real life knowing your username and reading your posts/threads? Or would it be your worst nightmare?
    Yes
    72.50%
    No
    27.50%
    “And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than (his) jugular vein.” (Quran 50:16)

Re: Do you keep this forum a secret?

I don't hide it. But I hide my username.

Tbh I am ok with anyone knowing the stuff I post. And I know some people from the forum IRL - nbd.
    And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
    http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

Yeah I do.. Was strictly told to stop and I have cut down a lot but still can't resist yet... I quietly come on at night or when I'm free during the day.
      I love you, cherish you and worship you,
      Guide me on your path to your janna,
      Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

I do not care what people think of me. They will neither harm or benefit me.

You can see below " Fear the creator , not Created "

There are people here who know my real name.

Comment

Yeah I do, but I don't know why, I don't think my family or friends know about Ummah forum.
          Something funny happened though - my little brother made an account to troll me on here, this was a few months ago, and I thought.. how does this user know all this information about me :/ and then he told me irl, that was pretty funny lool.
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
          [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Yes I think Internet forums are for weirdos and I get shy bringing it up in public.

Also non muslims when they hear "islamic online forum" their *terrorist antennas* light up.

Though I shouldn't be so shy of what they think, or say to myself it's not good dawah.

Thought I'd also mention that in real life I am not as forward as I am here. I try to say things in an easier tone but online it's easier to just be brutally honest.

Should be more of that irl to be honest, but there is certainly a wisdom in presenting islam while considring the societies perception of the religion

Comment

I don't keep it a secret lol.

My brothers know I'm on it and told me to be careful not to get radicalised.

Comment

Originally posted by The Poet View Post
                This makes me question whether people on here keep this forum a secret, as in no one in real life knows your username or that you post here. How do you manage to post here secretly? Are you okay with anyone in real life knowing your username and reading your posts/threads? Or would it be your worst nightmare?
                Given that I don't like secularists very much, some of my friends would probably not approve of my posts regarding them (lol).

Comment

Nope it's not a big deal lol. My sisters think it's weird haha
                  رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

Comment

From my family, yes. They're all Christian, well the girls are. The boys are Atheists but it would upset my sisters a lot.

Comment

Yes
                      So fear not the people and fear Me, and take not a small price for My messages. And whoever judges not by what Allah has revealed, those are the disbelievers.
                      [5:44]

Comment

Yes, it's a secret get-away. And heck no I wouldn't want them reading my posts. In reality I'm quite the enigma, but here, I'm so....exposed lol.

Honestly I don't think my family would like me being on these forums they'd prob get worried bc of the assumption of the negative side of Islamic forums. But I haven't noticed that kind of stuff on Ummah forum. I think this Fourm is basically the marriage discussion forum, or maybe cause I'm usually on that section :rotfl:
                        Indeed we belong to Allah,
                        and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

I don't exactly make it known that I use the forum but there are a few people who know I'm on here, and my profile name is pretty much my actual name, also... Together with my profile pic, I think it would be quite easy to recognise me for those on my contacts list if they ever got to using or browsing the forum...
                          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                          -------------------------------
                          "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                          NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

I've noticed many members on here use this forum to disclose personal issues about themselves, which they wouldn't be comfortable enough sharing with others in real life. Also, I realised others rant and vent about their family members, spouses, etcetera.

:wswrwb:

why should one tell if it is a secret.

Comment

My husband knows, and has access to my account. Although I doubt he would use it. And my siblings know too.

Comment

Working...
                              X