Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sisters, what's your favourite type of housework?

cleaning/Tidying up. Always leaves with a sense of accomplishment plus there is no way of doing it wrong.

For some reason I don't like vacuuming or doing laundry related activity. I always push those off. Thank god hubby usually takes care of those task.

Cooking is a hit or miss for me. I like seeing the final product but I am always worried about how it will taste that the enjoyment is overshadowed by worry.

Comment

i clicked vacuuming but can't really choose between all these
      don't think i can say i have a favourite, i like them all for different reasons except gardening because i don't do that.
      شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
      فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
      وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
      ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by AQUIVER View Post
        do you think they are being trained to be housewives or some sort?
        Perhaps. But I think its more to do with how the sons are treated like royalty and not expected to lift a finger. They inadvertently learn it is the job of their mother & sisters to do all the housework as they aren't asked to pull their weight ....then these sons get married and it gives their wives a headache lol

Comment

Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
          Perhaps. But I think its more to do with how the sons are treated like royalty and not expected to lift a finger. They inadvertently learn it is the job of their mother & sisters to do all the housework as they aren't asked to pull their weight ....then these sons get married and it gives their wives a headache lol
          ugh, but it's still a toxic mentality, because what happens when the boy goes off to college or live by himself. he will probably find it hard to adjust and look after himself. right?

however it's nice to see this cycle starting to get broken these days.
          [CENTER][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4]SAY[/SIZE][/FONT] [/B] : :ahb: [COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️ [/COLOR] :lailah: [COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️[/COLOR] :jkk: [COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️[/COLOR] :insha: [COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️[/COLOR]:aku_astaghfirullah:[COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️ [/COLOR]:shahadah:[COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Marina-Aisha View Post
            Have say cooking I may not be best chef but I do enjoy it the worse has be washing dishes!
            Washing dishes is also my least favourite housework.

my mom is actually just as strict with my little bro as she is with me and my little sis about cleaning your own room and washing your own dishes and all that.

but then recently I'm hearing there are some girls who clean up and cook for their brothers. (brothers their own age group)
            Your mother's approach is very good :masha: Yes ukhti, I know of many girls who do everything around the house for their brothers and menfolk. I know one girl who is responsible for all the housework, it's her job to clean after her brothers who do nothing in the house. She has to do her older brothers beds in the mornings, prepare their food, bring them a cup of water whenever they ask for it, wash their plates after they eat, iron their clothes, clean their room and many more other things.

It's because in many cultures, men can get away with not doing any housework and their womenfolk are responsible for all the housework and it's on their shoulders. It's good to see that men not helping around the house, is an uncommon sight for you, Alhamdulilah.

Same. My dad does so much around the house, same with alot of my uncles in the family ...they're always busy doing housework on their days off ...but outside of my family & relatives it really doesn't seem that common for men to pull their weight ...mind you i know mostly desi families so maybe that explains it.
            Alot of girls from these desi families will work/go uni and also cook and clean after their (often elder) brothers ...i don't understand myself lol
            :masha: That's good to see men also doing housework. Sadly, men not helping around the house is very common and is a cultural thing. The Prophet Muhammad :saw: used to help his family around the house.

Imam Ahmed reported that Aisha :RAA: said:" I was asked about what the Prophet :saw: used to do in his house? I replied:" He was an ordinary man, he used to sew his garment, milk his goat, and serve himself"

Originally posted by Flowertjej View Post
            Baking for my "invisible" husband hahahaha :
            :insha: one day.

Originally posted by Kya View Post
            cleaning/Tidying up. Always leaves with a sense of accomplishment plus there is no way of doing it wrong.

For some reason I don't like vacuuming or doing laundry related activity. I always push those off. Thank god hubby usually takes care of those task.

Cooking is a hit or miss for me. I like seeing the final product but I am always worried about how it will taste that the enjoyment is overshadowed by worry.
            Yes, I really understand that sense of accomplishment, it's a good feeling. Alhamdulilah ukhti, that your husband helps around the house.

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
            i clicked vacuuming but can't really choose between all these
            don't think i can say i have a favourite, i like them all for different reasons except gardening because i don't do that.
            It's good to see you like all housework, very positive attitude :masha:
            “And We have already created man and know what his soul whispers to him, and We are closer to him than (his) jugular vein.” (Quran 50:16)

Comment

ugh, but it's still a toxic mentality, because what happens when the boy goes off to college or live by himself. he will probably find it hard to adjust and look after himself. right?

He could get married and all will resolve itself.

Comment

They probably do find it hard but it must be done. These are all life skills which are imperative to learn so one can become an independent adult.
                My friends brother moved into a a tiny studio flat in japan by himself and actually hired a maid to tidy it up for him and wash his dishes lol ...some just don't learn I guess.

Comment

They probably do find it hard but it must be done. These are all life skills which are imperative to learn so one can become an independent adult.
                  My friends brother moved into a a tiny studio flat in japan by himself and actually hired a maid to tidy it up for him and wash his dishes lol ...some just don't learn I guess.
                  Lol at least he hired a maid and didn't decide to get married only for the sake of someone serving them and making her life a headache.

He could get married and all will resolve itself.
                  I swear I saw myusernameis... post first and decided to write what I wrote and then see your post and here you come just proving it.

some muslim men want to practice polygamy so badly because its the sunnah and they love practicing the sunnah but just literally looking after your own self is a sunnah alien to them apparently and just impossible to practice
                  [CENTER][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=4]SAY[/SIZE][/FONT] [/B] : :ahb: [COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️ [/COLOR] :lailah: [COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️[/COLOR] :jkk: [COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️[/COLOR] :insha: [COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️[/COLOR]:aku_astaghfirullah:[COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️ [/COLOR]:shahadah:[COLOR="#FFA07A"]◼️[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Lol at least he hired a maid and didn't decide to get married only for the sake of someone serving them and making her life a headache.

I swear I saw myusernameis... post first and decided to write what I wrote and then see your post and here you come just proving it.

some muslim men want to practice polygamy so badly because its the sunnah and they love practicing the sunnah but just literally looking after your own self is a sunnah alien to them apparently and just impossible to practice
                    Post what you do and then compare it to what I do. Let's see if what you do extends beyond your bedroom!

Not sure why you are mentioning polygamy...normally makes you throw a hissy fit.

Comment

Cant really choose one. I like cleaning the kitchen most of all, doing the dishes and cleaning the counter etc just so its all clean, i like doing the laundry too, i dont like ironing too much, and i dont like vacuuming too it hurts my ears and im soo clumsy with the stupid machine, i love mopping tho, so id rather mop then vaccuum.

I dont like gardening so if my future husband doesnt mind id like if he did that, even though if he didnt i would do it myself, i would hate having a weedy garden lol
                      Last edited by aynina; 16-05-16, 07:59 PM.
                      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                        Cant really choose one. I like cleaning the kitchen most of all, doing the dishes and cleaning the counter etc just so its all clean, i like doing the laundry too, i dont like ironing too much, and i dont like vacuuming too it hurts my ears and im soo clumsy with the stupid machine, i love mopping tho, so id rather mop then vaccuum.

I dont like gardening so if my future husband doesnt mind id like if he did that, even though if he didnt i would do it myself, i would hate having a weedy garden lol
                        yh I hate the noise the vacuum makes and it smells weird like something is burning.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jarir View Post
                          yh I hate the noise the vacuum makes and it smells weird like something is burning.
                          Lol the smell is something I'd be cautious with thats not normal bro
                          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                            Lol the smell is something I'd be cautious with thats not normal bro
                            I know :(

Comment

I want to reply to you zouzooi but nope. not turning this thread into a fight it looks calm.
                              Last edited by AQUIVER; 16-05-16, 08:30 PM.

Comment

I want to reply to you zouzooi but nope. not turning this thread into a fight it looks calm.
                                Please do fight :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X