Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when you pray salat do you or dont you wear your glasses?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: when you pray salat do you or dont you wear your glasses?

I keep them on but only because my eyesight is really terrible and I'll either end up loosing them or stepping on them..
    “Ask forgiveness from your Lord. Indeed! He is Oft-Forgiving.” (71:10)

Comment

Bunch O' nerds

Comment

No...my glasses would start falling off plus I don't want to mash any part of my glasses into the ground..

Comment

Originally posted by SofiaG View Post
          I keep them on but only because my eyesight is really terrible and I'll either end up loosing them or stepping on them..
          I'm sorry to hear that ...May Allah give you better eyesight
          Contacts are an option too but we know how they irritate the eyes(so I wouldn't really use them but for others they are more comfortable with it)

Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
          Bunch O' nerds
          Not all of us...I have my nerdy moments but definitely not smart enough to be a nerd
          We just have bad eyesight so it's not our fault pray for us
          ---
          I can still see without glasses but the world looks blurry and sometimes I have to squint(which I heard makes your vision worse)...I don't wear them outside out of embarrassment :( but I take off my glasses when praying and going for wudu even when the lenses get wet things become fuzzy

Doesn't it hurt more to pray with glasses I think it's rare to pray with glasses but if glasses help you focus more in Salah then go for it :up:
          “Do not commit injustice, because injustice is darkness on the Day of Judgment." (Sahih Muslim)
          They will say, "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not be among the companions of the Blazing Fire." Qur'an 67:10 💚💙💜

Comment

I find I have a bit more khushu wearing them, for whatever reason. But I take them off anyway for comfort reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Qiyamah View Post

Not all of us...I have my nerdy moments but definitely not smart enough to be a nerd
              We just have bad eyesight so it's not our fault pray for us
              Don't worry I'm in the same boat :( Alhamdulillah alaa kulli haal

Comment

Bunch O' nerds
                I'm wanted to be one B-)
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I take them off, most of the time. I welcome the sense of fear that comes when I do so because it reminds me of the strength and power of the One before whom I am standing. I become more mindful of my inner weaknesses when my physical weakness is exposed.

Yeaa I'm weird...

Comment

Aww so many glasses wearers, what comfort this brings to the eyes (get it? Comfort glasses eyes?)

لا تفكر كثيرا
                    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                    -------------------------------------------------------
                    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                      Aww so many glasses wearers, what comfort this brings to the eyes (get it? Comfort glasses eyes?)
                      oh deer'!

Comment

Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
                        No...my glasses would start falling off plus I don't want to mash any part of my glasses into the ground..
                        do you have like big bifocals? I am trying to picture that. I would think peoples foreheads or noses get in the way of them being mushed on the floor.

Comment

Lol. No.

I avoid wearing my glasses as much as possible. Only time I wear it is when I'm driving and that's only coz I have to have to.
                          O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                            Do glasses slip off when u go down for sujood?
                            Nope, I hate glasses that don't stick to my face

Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
                            yea just soemthing ive noticed over the years some guys put them on the floor,
                            some in their pockets and some just wear them,
                            you'd think the glasses would break in the pocket lol
                            lol yea once i was playing footy with having them in my pocket and they broke looool :rotfl:

I used to keep them in my kameez's pocket during salaah back in the days when I would be wearing shalwar kameez.
                            But as I said I prefer wearing them now
                            Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Bunch O' nerds
                              Brother why you do this to me
                              Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
                                Brother why you do this to me
                                It's okay bro :there: I'm a nerd too sometimes :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X