Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of Quranists?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Re: What do you think of Quranists?

    Originally posted by Tiresomehoopla View Post
    Everybody seems to be very vague about this. I understand we do not want a debate, but I need a reason/explanation for these Hadiths being so absurd. If I am interpreting them wrong, or they are not authentic, then somebody please tell me.
    do you mean this hadith

    Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, "If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it (into the vessel) and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing (antidote for it) i e. the treatment for that disease." (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 71, Number 673)"

    TBH I trust the Prophet saw sahih hadiths without question as he saw would never have said anything that was not beneficial. WHere he saw was ''wrong'' was in worldly matters eg when asked where dates should be planted and it didn't yield a good crop. But again here the message was for us ie ask those who are experts in those fields

    anyway baring in mind I am not a scientist you may find this interesting

    A team of researchers in Australia Department of Biological Sciences, Macquarie University found that antibiotics are found on the surface of flies

    "Our research is a small part of a global research effort for new antibiotics, but we are looking where we believe no-one has looked before," said Ms Joanne Clarke, who presented the group's findings at the Australian Society for Microbiology Conference in Melbourne

    There are other quotes from other uni's too

    The male fruitfly, Drosophila melanogaster, transfers to his mate proteins that increase his reproductive success by causing changes in her behavior and physiology. Here we show that among the transferred proteins are ones with antibacterial activity

    Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA

    Comment


      #32
      Re: What do you think of Quranists?

      Originally posted by Tiresomehoopla View Post
      Now it won't send me the email. Any similar sites?
      www.islamqa.info
      Allāhu akbar

      Comment


        #33
        Re: What do you think of Quranists?

        Originally posted by Tiresomehoopla View Post
        I do not demand scientific benefits from Sunnah/Hadith, that is absurd. I would however, like the Sunnah/Hadith to line up with science. If it contradicts science, then it is not from God. Clearly a fly which lands on my drink doesn't have a disease...Okay maybe it does but it certainly does not contain the cure...Nor would I want to drink from the water after the fly landed in it. As for my research, it seemed common sense to disregard any Hadith in contradiction with the Quran, and I was told that it is extremely hard to determine the authenticity of a Hadith if you do not speak Arabic. By the way, if you do speak Arabic then I would like to know the authenticity of the Hadiths I just mentioned, or a way for a person who does not speak Arabic to find their authenticity.

        1- The Prophet's Sayings:

        Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, made a remarkable statement about the flies carrying antidotes:

        Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, "If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it (into the vessel) and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing (antidote for it) i e. the treatment for that disease." (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 71, Number 673)"

        Narrated Abu Huraira: "The Prophet said "If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease." (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 537)"





        2- The Scientific Proofs:

        The following articles are from non-Muslim Western sources.



        Article #1:

        From http://abc.gov.au/science/articles/2...01/689400.htm: (This is an official Government web site)

        The new buzz on antibiotics

        Tuesday, 1 October 2002 Danny Kingsley - ABC Science Online

        fly head
        Ugly but useful: The sheep blowfly
        is one of the fly species that might
        provide humans with new
        antibiotics. (Pic: BioTrack.)
        Related Stories

        Scientists to squeeze antibiotics out of sea sponge, Science Online, 04 Oct 2000
        Oz fungi screened for new antibiotics, Science Online, 06 Nov 2008
        Space to grow antibiotics, Science Online, 06 Nov 2008
        The surface of flies is the last place you would expect to find antibiotics, yet that is exactly where a team of Australian researchers is concentrating their efforts.

        Working on the theory that flies must have remarkable antimicrobial defences to survive rotting dung, meat and fruit, the team at the Department of Biological Sciences, Macquarie University, set out to identify those antibacterial properties manifesting at different stages of a fly's development.

        "Our research is a small part of a global research effort for new antibiotics, but we are looking where we believe no-one has looked before," said Ms Joanne Clarke, who presented the group's findings at the Australian Society for Microbiology Conference in Melbourne this week. The project is part of her PhD thesis.

        The scientists tested four different species of fly: a house fly, a sheep blowfly, a vinegar fruit fly and the control, a Queensland fruit fly which lays its eggs in fresh fruit. These larvae do not need as much antibacterial compound because they do not come into contact with as much bacteria.

        Flies go through the life stages of larvae and pupae before becoming adults. In the pupae stage, the fly is encased in a protective casing and does not feed. "We predicted they would not produce many antibiotics," said Ms Clarke.

        They did not. However the larvae all showed antibacterial properties (except that of the Queensland fruit fly control).

        As did all the adult fly species, including the Queensland fruit fly (which at this point requires antibacterial protection because it has contact with other flies and is mobile).

        Such properties were present on the fly surface in all four species, although antibacterial properties occur in the gut as well. "You find activity in both places," said Ms Clarke.

        "The reason we concentrated on the surface is because it is a simpler extraction."

        The antibiotic material is extracted by drowning the flies in ethanol, then running the mixture through a filter to obtain the crude extract.

        When this was placed in a solution with various bacteria including E.coli, Golden Staph, Candida (a yeast) and a common hospital pathogen, antibiotic action was observed every time.

        "We are now trying to identify the specific antibacterial compounds," said Ms Clarke. Ultimately these will be chemically synthesised.

        Because the compounds are not from bacteria, any genes conferring resistance to them may not be as easily transferred into pathogens. It is hoped this new form of antibiotics will have a longer effective therapeutic life.



        Article #2:

        From http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15462958: (Another official Government web site)


        Antibacterial action of Myiasis-causing flies.

        Erdmann GR.
        Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA.

        Some species of calliphorid blowflies lay their eggs in wounds; their larvae develop by feeding on the tissue, and the infection is known as myiasis or fly-strike. But wounds, from whatever cause, are frequently contaminated with bacteria - many o f which can spread in the bloodstream causing septicaemia and/or toxaemia. For example, wound contamination with Clostridium welchii - leading to 'gas gangrene' - was a frequent cause of death amongst battlefield casualties. It is from such situations that early observations were made on the beneficial effect of some blowfly larvae in limiting the bacterial infection of wounds. Indeed, some military surgeons would deliberately infest wounds with blowfly maggots in order to prevent bacterial complications. Now, a century or two later, the search for new antibiotics had led researchers back to these early observations, and in this article, Gory Erdmann describes progress in understanding the antibacterial action of blowfly maggots.

        PMID: 15462958 [PubMed]



        Article #3:

        "Drosophila males transfer antibacterial proteins from their accessory gland and ejaculatory duct to their mates Purchase the full-text article

        References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.

        O. Lung1, a, L. Kuoa and M.F. WolfnerCorresponding Author Contact Information, a, E-mail The Corresponding Author

        Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA

        Received 7 July 2000;
        accepted 25 October 2000.
        Available online 8 March 2001.

        Abstract

        The male fruitfly, Drosophila melanogaster, transfers to his mate proteins that increase his reproductive success by causing changes in her behavior and physiology. Here we show that among the transferred proteins are ones with antibacterial activity. We performed Escherichia coli overlay assays of native PAGE or renatured SDS–PAGE of reproductive tissue extracts of wild-type or transgenic males deficient in accessory gland function. We detected a 28 kDa male accessory gland-derived protein and two ejaculatory duct-derived proteins all with antibacterial activity. Based on its gel mobility and tissue of synthesis, one of the ejaculatory duct proteins is likely to be andropin, a previously-reported 6 kDa antibacterial peptide. All three proteins are transferred to females during mating. Therefore, they could assist in protecting the male's reproductive tract and, after transfer to the female, the female's reproductive tract or eggs against bacterial infection. Since seminal fluid proteins are transferred before the sperm, these antibacterial proteins may also protect sperm from bacterial infection.


        Keywords: Antibacterial; Antimicrobial; Reproduction; Seminal fluid; Andropin" (Source)
        Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

        Comment


          #34
          Re: What do you think of Quranists?

          Originally posted by aboosait View Post

          1- The Prophet's Sayings:

          Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, made a remarkable statement about the flies carrying antidotes:

          Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, "If a fly falls in the vessel of any of you, let him dip all of it (into the vessel) and then throw it away, for in one of its wings there is a disease and in the other there is healing (antidote for it) i e. the treatment for that disease." (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 71, Number 673)"

          Narrated Abu Huraira: "The Prophet said "If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease." (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 537)"





          2- The Scientific Proofs:

          The following articles are from non-Muslim Western sources.



          Article #1:

          From http://abc.gov.au/science/articles/2...01/689400.htm: (This is an official Government web site)

          The new buzz on antibiotics

          Tuesday, 1 October 2002 Danny Kingsley - ABC Science Online

          fly head
          Ugly but useful: The sheep blowfly
          is one of the fly species that might
          provide humans with new
          antibiotics. (Pic: BioTrack.)
          Related Stories

          Scientists to squeeze antibiotics out of sea sponge, Science Online, 04 Oct 2000
          Oz fungi screened for new antibiotics, Science Online, 06 Nov 2008
          Space to grow antibiotics, Science Online, 06 Nov 2008
          The surface of flies is the last place you would expect to find antibiotics, yet that is exactly where a team of Australian researchers is concentrating their efforts.

          Working on the theory that flies must have remarkable antimicrobial defences to survive rotting dung, meat and fruit, the team at the Department of Biological Sciences, Macquarie University, set out to identify those antibacterial properties manifesting at different stages of a fly's development.

          "Our research is a small part of a global research effort for new antibiotics, but we are looking where we believe no-one has looked before," said Ms Joanne Clarke, who presented the group's findings at the Australian Society for Microbiology Conference in Melbourne this week. The project is part of her PhD thesis.

          The scientists tested four different species of fly: a house fly, a sheep blowfly, a vinegar fruit fly and the control, a Queensland fruit fly which lays its eggs in fresh fruit. These larvae do not need as much antibacterial compound because they do not come into contact with as much bacteria.

          Flies go through the life stages of larvae and pupae before becoming adults. In the pupae stage, the fly is encased in a protective casing and does not feed. "We predicted they would not produce many antibiotics," said Ms Clarke.

          They did not. However the larvae all showed antibacterial properties (except that of the Queensland fruit fly control).

          As did all the adult fly species, including the Queensland fruit fly (which at this point requires antibacterial protection because it has contact with other flies and is mobile).

          Such properties were present on the fly surface in all four species, although antibacterial properties occur in the gut as well. "You find activity in both places," said Ms Clarke.

          "The reason we concentrated on the surface is because it is a simpler extraction."

          The antibiotic material is extracted by drowning the flies in ethanol, then running the mixture through a filter to obtain the crude extract.

          When this was placed in a solution with various bacteria including E.coli, Golden Staph, Candida (a yeast) and a common hospital pathogen, antibiotic action was observed every time.

          "We are now trying to identify the specific antibacterial compounds," said Ms Clarke. Ultimately these will be chemically synthesised.

          Because the compounds are not from bacteria, any genes conferring resistance to them may not be as easily transferred into pathogens. It is hoped this new form of antibiotics will have a longer effective therapeutic life.



          Article #2:

          From http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15462958: (Another official Government web site)


          Antibacterial action of Myiasis-causing flies.

          Erdmann GR.
          Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA.

          Some species of calliphorid blowflies lay their eggs in wounds; their larvae develop by feeding on the tissue, and the infection is known as myiasis or fly-strike. But wounds, from whatever cause, are frequently contaminated with bacteria - many o f which can spread in the bloodstream causing septicaemia and/or toxaemia. For example, wound contamination with Clostridium welchii - leading to 'gas gangrene' - was a frequent cause of death amongst battlefield casualties. It is from such situations that early observations were made on the beneficial effect of some blowfly larvae in limiting the bacterial infection of wounds. Indeed, some military surgeons would deliberately infest wounds with blowfly maggots in order to prevent bacterial complications. Now, a century or two later, the search for new antibiotics had led researchers back to these early observations, and in this article, Gory Erdmann describes progress in understanding the antibacterial action of blowfly maggots.

          PMID: 15462958 [PubMed]



          Article #3:

          "Drosophila males transfer antibacterial proteins from their accessory gland and ejaculatory duct to their mates Purchase the full-text article

          References and further reading may be available for this article. To view references and further reading you must purchase this article.

          O. Lung1, a, L. Kuoa and M.F. WolfnerCorresponding Author Contact Information, a, E-mail The Corresponding Author

          Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA

          Received 7 July 2000;
          accepted 25 October 2000.
          Available online 8 March 2001.

          Abstract

          The male fruitfly, Drosophila melanogaster, transfers to his mate proteins that increase his reproductive success by causing changes in her behavior and physiology. Here we show that among the transferred proteins are ones with antibacterial activity. We performed Escherichia coli overlay assays of native PAGE or renatured SDS–PAGE of reproductive tissue extracts of wild-type or transgenic males deficient in accessory gland function. We detected a 28 kDa male accessory gland-derived protein and two ejaculatory duct-derived proteins all with antibacterial activity. Based on its gel mobility and tissue of synthesis, one of the ejaculatory duct proteins is likely to be andropin, a previously-reported 6 kDa antibacterial peptide. All three proteins are transferred to females during mating. Therefore, they could assist in protecting the male's reproductive tract and, after transfer to the female, the female's reproductive tract or eggs against bacterial infection. Since seminal fluid proteins are transferred before the sperm, these antibacterial proteins may also protect sperm from bacterial infection.


          Keywords: Antibacterial; Antimicrobial; Reproduction; Seminal fluid; Andropin" (Source)
          Yes, but there are two problems... In modern day you can just get new water, however I suppose this hadith made sense for its time. However there are much much more hadiths that say ridiculous things. There is one that claims that yawning is of the devil, I don't believe there is any proof of negative effects of yawning... There is another one that states the fever is from the heat of hell. This is false, the fever is a natural response, getting rid of it lengthens the sickness. I can testify to this. There is yet another one that says chess is evil, nevermind the fact that studies show it makes you more intelligent. And then there are just plain ridiculous ones, such as the hadith where a rock runs away with Moses'(Alaihi Salam) clothes. I think, that some hadiths truly are from the Prophet(PBUH) but, a lot of them are downright absurd. There are much more ridiculous ones, it would take forever to list them all. Given that I still say PBUH for our Prophet(PBUH) and I still accept certain Hadiths as the word of Muhammad(PBUH), that would still make me a Muslim by Sunni/Shia definition.

          Comment


            #35
            Re: What do you think of Quranists?

            ... forgot I replied to this already
            http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

            "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

            – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

            Comment


              #36
              Re: What do you think of Quranists?

              Yes, I know that there are unauthentic Hadiths, but if all the absurd Hadiths are unauthentic, then A LOT of Hadiths are unauthentic. From what I've heard only a minority are fabricated.

              Is there a fool-proof way for English speakers to determine the authenticity of a Hadith?

              Comment


                #37
                Re: What do you think of Quranists?

                Originally posted by Tiresomehoopla View Post
                Yes, I know that there are unauthentic Hadiths, but if all the absurd Hadiths are unauthentic, then A LOT of Hadiths are unauthentic. From what I've heard only a minority are fabricated.

                Is there a fool-proof way for English speakers to determine the authenticity of a Hadith?
                The Hadith collections in Sahih Al Bukhari and Muslim are all Authentic, other collections include Riyaadus Saliheen (Gardens of the Righteous) which contains Selections of Authentic Ahadith from various books, Imam Nawawi's 40 ahadith collection/40 Hadith Qudsi collection are all books that can be used by any English speaker. All of these contain Authentic Ahadith.

                If you want to know about how Hadith are classified, then have a read through this link,

                http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Hadith/Ulum/

                :jkk:
                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

                "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

                – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

                Comment


                  #38
                  What do you think of Quranists?

                  Does it matter if a hadith is true or not?


                  Extract knowledge from it as you would from anything you read, like a drama book.

                  But, if a hadith tells you to do something then you have to be careful. God tells us in the Quran that every command belongs indeed to Him. Knowing this, a story outside of the Quran telling you what to do must be in accordance with the Book (such as learning how to pray, you know you must pray so the hadith compliments the Book). I personally wouldn't say to my daughter to eat with her right hand only, so then kids think she isn't normal in school and that she learned it from Allah.


                  Elhamdulila. Peace.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Re: What do you think of Quranists?

                    Originally posted by nane View Post
                    Does it matter if a hadith is true or not?


                    Extract knowledge from it as you would from anything you read, like a drama book.

                    But, if a hadith tells you to do something then you have to be careful. God tells us in the Quran that every command belongs indeed to Him. Knowing this, a story outside of the Quran telling you what to do must be in accordance with the Book (such as learning how to pray, you know you must pray so the hadith compliments the Book). I personally wouldn't say to my daughter to eat with her right hand only, so then kids think she isn't normal in school and that she learned it from Allah.


                    Elhamdulila. Peace.
                    of course it does, that is why they were Classified Sahih, Hassan etc in the first place,

                    we don't extract knowledge from falsehood/doubtful material.
                    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

                    "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

                    – Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

                    Comment


                      #40
                      What do you think of Quranists?

                      @Saif


                      You must understand that if it doesn't tell you what to do. It can possibly not matter. Only a few tell you to change your life. So I'm telling the person to think if perhaps the hadith with the fly is informational to him. Thanks. pz

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Re: What do you think of Quranists?

                        Originally posted by nane View Post
                        @Saif


                        You must understand that if it doesn't tell you what to do. It can possibly not matter. Only a few tell you to change your life. So I'm telling the person to think if perhaps the hadith with the fly is informational to him. Thanks. pz
                        There are Hadith forbidding the playing of chess, yawning, allowing a fever to continue, using white and green jars, walking with only one shoe ect ect... Those are all from Sahih Bukhari/Muslim, so explanations would be appreciated.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Re: What do you think of Quranists?

                          Originally posted by Tiresomehoopla View Post
                          There are Hadith forbidding the playing of chess, yawning, allowing a fever to continue, using white and green jars, walking with only one shoe ect ect... Those are all from Sahih Bukhari/Muslim, so explanations would be appreciated.
                          Logically and lawfully,

                          You are forbidden to befriend enemies. You can not play chess with an enemy. Logically it doesn't make sense that it otherwise is bad, besides that, it would be considered a command that comes from a person and doesn't compliment the Quran, other than if it were a case of playing with the enemy.

                          Yawning is natural, but one is to cover their mouth in case others don't get affected.

                          Using white and green jars would depend if they were made for Christmas or Easter or any other reason that goes against God's law.

                          Walking with one shoe wouldn't be normal, you learn that you shouldn't behave like a punk.


                          So in the end, hadiths are great. You gain knowledge and use your knowledge of the Quran in order to extract the most benefits. I'd say to not be disrespectful by saying they're absurd or ridiculous.

                          Peace.



                          Addition;

                          Fever continuing is a natural process, a stimulant that would stop it would enter the bloodstream, what enters bloodstream is called an intoxicant, which is forbidden. Now, we know from the Quran only of alcohol but nevertheless referred to as intoxicant. So we should basically not resort so easily to stimulants because it could lead to problems, but in crucial situation it is fine. So at least we are aware and think whether we should use medications or not. Fevers are usually very bad, so we can medicate ourselves at that point (God teaches us that there is some benefit from the intoxicants).
                          Last edited by nane; 20-02-14, 01:19 PM. Reason: Addition

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Re: What do you think of Quranists?

                            Originally posted by nane View Post
                            Logically and lawfully,

                            You are forbidden to befriend enemies. You can not play chess with an enemy. Logically it doesn't make sense that it otherwise is bad, besides that, it would be considered a command that comes from a person and doesn't compliment the Quran, other than if it were a case of playing with the enemy.

                            Yawning is natural, but one is to cover their mouth in case others don't get affected.

                            Using white and green jars would depend if they were made for Christmas or Easter or any other reason that goes against God's law.

                            Walking with one shoe wouldn't be normal, you learn that you shouldn't behave like a punk.


                            So in the end, hadiths are great. You gain knowledge and use your knowledge of the Quran in order to extract the most benefits. I'd say to not be disrespectful by saying they're absurd or ridiculous.

                            Peace.



                            Addition;

                            Fever continuing is a natural process, a stimulant that would stop it would enter the bloodstream, what enters bloodstream is called an intoxicant, which is forbidden. Now, we know from the Quran only of alcohol but nevertheless referred to as intoxicant. So we should basically not resort so easily to stimulants because it could lead to problems, but in crucial situation it is fine. So at least we are aware and think whether we should use medications or not. Fevers are usually very bad, so we can medicate ourselves at that point (God teaches us that there is some benefit from the intoxicants).
                            3/4 of your answers don't take into account the context (Or lack thereof) of the Hadith. The one about chess: "Buraida reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: He who played chess is like one who dyed his hand with the flesh and blood of swine.(Sahih Muslim 28:5612)" Clearly it is not referring to the person it is played with, but the game itself.

                            As for yawning: Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah likes sneezing and dislikes yawning, so if someone sneezes and then praises Allah, then it is obligatory on every Muslim who heard him, to say: May Allah be merciful to you (Yar-hamuka-l-lah). But as regards yawning, it is from satan, so one must try one's best to stop it, if one says 'Ha' when yawning, satan will laugh at him.(Sahih Bukhari 8:73:242)" Again, it is clear that the context does not match your answer. Also, why does God like sneezing?

                            And the white and green jars:"Narrated Ash-Shaibani: I heard 'Abdullah bin Abi Aufa saying, "The Prophet forbade the use of green jars." I said, "Shall we drink out of white jars?" He said, "No.(Sahih Bukhari 7:69:501)"

                            Walking with one shoe wouldn't be normal? So? Why forbid it? Yes, it is weird to do, but why is it bad? And I don't understand how it would make one a punk.

                            As for your addition...Fever is not usually very bad, only if they get above a certain temperature. And they usually don't. Much to the contrary, fever is good in a sense. If you endure a fever your sickness will be gone in a fraction of the time it would take otherwise...And, as said before, I can attest to this.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Re: What do you think of Quranists?

                              Why God like sneezing , its His wish. Ask Him once you meet Him. The reason hasnt been mentioned any where.

                              Wearing one shoe is way of shaitan, you are not supposed to follow shaitan.(devil)
                              Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) is also reported to have said: “He who is very hasty and so bold as to pass verdicts is also bold in taking the path towards hell

                              Comment


                                #45
                                What do you think of Quranists?

                                I clarified that Allah swt teaches us in the Quran that every command belongs indeed wholly to Him. (this means if a hadith tells u what to do it must be in accordance with the Book, complimenting it) So bearing this in mind, not to say those stories have no truth, they haven't maybe been kept in context so if you realize that people cannot carry out commands you have nothing to lose and there is no need to eliminate such stories. If however you don't see any wisdom like I do, you move on, keep learning. 99% are non-commanding, beautiful, scientific/informational hadiths.

                                1. So so many people play chess with anyone online, not caring who it is. Now you can apply the wrong being as if covering the hands with blood of swine.
                                2. Yawning could transfer an illness, no? Sneezing feels good (I always say Elhamdulila), and it isn't a bad action (it can't be stopped), God likes goodness so God likes sneezing. Forbidding yawning would be a self-made command but it could transfer an illness. So we can sneeze/yawn, but ought to cover our mouths.
                                3. Walking in one shoe being completely okay would promote punk style behavior, what would be the normal, approachable look? So many teenagers are into gothic degenerate styles. We can't have it be equal to normal and approachable.
                                4. People gladly receive Christmas cookies from neighbors, then they even keep the jar they came in.
                                Pretty common things. Brothers are now ending their chess games, people may be wondering if those jars are white or green, animals yawn so it's natural, etc. none of the stories are bad if we reason properly.


                                When we know the Quran our worries become less.

                                Elhamdulila, peace bro.
                                Last edited by nane; 21-02-14, 08:34 AM. Reason: typo/extension

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X