Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you scared of driving?

Salams everybody,

Just wondering whether you are scared of driving or not. If so, why?

Reason I ask is because my mother has her full license but hasn't driven in a while. She is now "scared" of driving all of a sudden and was wondering of ways to help her overcome this. Would the "practice makes perfect" saying work here?

Actually getting her to drive again is a bit hard, so if you have any advice to share would be great. She's not a bad driver, used to cheer her on as we pull up to the drive way and she like speeds into the garage to park the car haha.

I myself don't have my full license but will get it in a months time, and maybe will try and help her because she has become reliant on another person to go places (which I don't mind helping btw, but would like her to be how she was, driving around etc)
    Yes (if so, why)
    28.13%
    No, I'm not
    62.50%
    No, I've overcome my fear (how?)
    9.38%

Re: Are you scared of driving?

I passed on my first test but wasnt confident after passing, I dont know how I passed first time to be honest. Prayers me thinks

tell her to take some extra lessons just to get her back into the swing of things
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

I dont know how to drive, so I guess.. yes I do have a fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
        I passed on my first test but wasnt confident after passing, I dont know how I passed first time to be honest. Prayers me thinks

tell her to take some extra lessons just to get her back into the swing of things
        I failed my first test for not physically checking my blindspot mirrors :(, even though I had two small blindspot mirrors on either side of the car, and in turn left it for another 4 months before I booked my test again... Should have booked it sooner and not been such a sore looser about it (after the test, the assessor says try to have a good day lol) and I actually had exams the following week and actually took time out to practice... but now I'm in the process of getting my provisional license, have to wait a mandatory 6 months -_- even though I've completed my logbook hours already lol...

Comment

Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
          I dont know how to drive, so I guess.. yes I do have a fear.
          Hey you thought of giving it a go sister?

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous12 View Post
            I failed my first test for not physically checking my blindspot mirrors :(, even though I had two small blindspot mirrors on either side of the car, and in turn left it for another 4 months before I booked my test again... Should have booked it sooner and not been such a sore looser about it (after the test, the assessor says try to have a good day lol) and I actually had exams the following week and actually took time out to practice... but now I'm in the process of getting my provisional license, have to wait a mandatory 6 months -_- even though I've completed my logbook hours already lol...
            ahh

that sucks, but all in good time

try and pass asap, they are trying to discourage ppl from passing as they want less cars on the roads
            My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
            ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
            “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Comment

Hey you thought of giving it a go sister?
              wallah no never ever

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy View Post
                ahh

that sucks, but all in good time

try and pass asap, they are trying to discourage ppl from passing as they want less cars on the roads
                wow ikr, I live in Australia btw, they are making it harder and harder to pass. Thankfully I just have a computer test before I can get my provisionals, should be easy.

Lol in my last practical test, I had a young guy around 20 years old, was a bit weird cas I'm 18 and he had a bit of an attitude, plus it was raining. Alhamdulillah he kind of skipped over a ton of things, but I had to do my test in the rain with little visibility, almost missed a turn... had to do the parking section in front of the driving center and wow that was my best parking ever (i'm bad at parking lol); I remember distinctively reverse parking and as I'm going back I'm staring in my mirrors to see the lines and I'm saying Bismillah, please ya Allah help me, and it came out perfect :).

Comment

wallah no never ever
                  As they say you never know until you don't try it, its fun too :D. Also trying to convince my sister to get her license... thing is wherever she wants to go, someone else has to go cas she can't drive lol...

But yeah give it a shot sister.

Comment

As they say you never know until you don't try it, its fun too :D. Also trying to convince my sister to get her license... thing is wherever she wants to go, someone else has to go cas she can't drive lol...

But yeah give it a shot sister.
                    no thx,im fine being drove around:)

Comment

no thx,im fine being drove around:)
                      alright... your missing out on those awesome moments at the traffic light, racing someone who thinks they are good :D.

*brb gotta overtake this old grandma* :fastcar:

Comment

Im scared to drive. Plus I think it's more of a man's thing. Except for my mom, she is a pro Ma shaa ALLAH.

I'd rather be droven around, but I'd like to give it a go. Mom said I'll learn this summer.
                        Haterz gonna hate
                        AND ~PRINCESSE DOESN'T CARE
                        ~Too cool for you~
                        My blog:
                        https://pikiyoyo.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by ~Princesse View Post
                          Im scared to drive. Plus I think it's more of a man's thing. Except for my mom, she is a pro Ma shaa ALLAH.

I'd rather be droven around, but I'd like to give it a go. Mom said I'll learn this summer.
                          Awesome, yeah there's no harm in trying. Even if your scared, which you will or won't be on your first try just practice in like dead empty roads and should build your confidence up like that.

For me after my first driving sessions, ankle would always be sore :/ dad telling me to brake, accelerate, brake and your leg aint used to it so expect that lol... Oh and don't make the mistake of having ur right foot on accelerator and left foot on brakes haha, that's how I thought it was done, but nope... all your right foot.

Mashallah that's good to hear about your mum, she doesn't happen to be the ones who drive a big 4WD? lol

Comment

i learned my driving from NFS , and i drive without a license xD

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                              i learned my driving from NFS , and i drive without a license xD
                              lols oh yeah weren't you the one that posted up that pic of a tricycle earlier? -_-

Comment

Working...
                              X