Which Muslim Country?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Muslim Country?

Of the following Top-20 Muslim-majority countries; which would be the best place for a Muslim to live?
    Indonesia
    8.80%
    Pakistan
    8.80%
    Nigeria (Muslim half)
    0.00%
    Bangladesh
    0.80%
    Egypt
    5.60%
    Iran
    0.80%
    Turkey
    9.60%
    North Sudan
    0.80%
    Algeria
    0.80%
    Morocco
    5.60%
    Iraq
    1.60%
    Afghanistan
    1.60%
    Malaysia
    15.20%
    Uzbekistan
    0.00%
    Saudi Arabia
    33.60%
    Yemen
    3.20%
    Syria
    1.60%
    Kazakhstan
    0.80%
    Niger
    0.80%
    Burkina Faso
    0.00%
    Last edited by AgnosticLondon; 31-08-12, 02:31 PM.

Re: Which Muslim Country?

There's already been a poll like this.. and anyway why do u wannu know?
    إن للمتقين مفازا

Comment

Just interested in which of those countries people think is closest (I doubt anywhere is perfect..!) to the best place for Muslims to live.

Comment

Burqa fascist !
        And he is the son of Ithel Goch ap Cynwrig ap Iorwerth Ddu ap Cynwrig Ddewis Herod ap Cywryd!

Comment

Medina! But i like Indonesians, Very friendly!!
          "It is not eyes that are blinded, but blinded are the hearts..."- (Sura Al-Hajj : 46)

Comment

No Gambia or Senegal?

After those two I would like to see what life is like in Indonesia or Malaysia, as I hear good things about both.

Comment

:salams

Is Maldives a muslim populated country?

Comment

Originally posted by geeksupremo View Post

Is Maldives a muslim populated country?
                Yes. Maldives is a muslim country! 100% muslim. Practice of any other religion is banned there as there is no non muslim Maldivian ! The whole country converted to Islam from Budhhism in 12th century . It was an important trade route for Arab sailors!

There is a little story behind the conversion! I am not sure about its authenticity! According to Maldivian Folkore, there was a demon who used to take virgin girls!! When Arab Sailors came to know about it, one Arab helped them to get rid of it by prayers or reciting Quran! The king converted after that with the whole country!
                "It is not eyes that are blinded, but blinded are the hearts..."- (Sura Al-Hajj : 46)

Comment

The demon was called Rannamaari en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rannamaari

Comment

whatever u do , dont come to pakistan.

I wouldnt call it Islamic , and certainly none of u expats will be able to survive unless u lie and be corrupt like the majority.

even in ramzan insted of prices of foods going down , they increased by 100% .... this is how people are in pak.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Farhan View Post
                      The demon was called Rannamaari en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rannamaari
                      That is all made up. It was not an arab, but a Moroccan who is said to have gotten rid of Rannamaari.

Anyway, it was all a story made up by perverted monks to satisfy their greed.

And noobz, I dont think anybody would call their place Islamic unless they migrated from another land.
                      To the people who feel obligated to reply to every single thread even if with a lol:
                      Not every thread demands [one's] input, some are more advanced than [one's] thinking, so read and learn.
                      Others are of subjects [one] has discussed many times before [so] just read them to see how others feel about a subject.
                      - AbuM

Comment

I have a hard time choosing between Saudi and Indonesia.

If i get to live in Mecca/Medinah than Saudi.

Comment

i'm from indonesia, i love here, maybe live in Turkey will be my second option, nice place to live..

Comment

I'm a native Indonesian and so grateful living in this country very much. Woman emancipation, open mindedness, oppression free, tolerance, great tasted foods, nice climate, beautiful natural places to visit, living in harmony with nonmuslims (well there's some nasty anti-islam kuffars on internet, but generally muslim-nonmuslim relationship is good). And you can generally live well in here with salary $200 a month. Hit $1000 threshold, you can live very very comfortable.

The cons of Indonesia : pretty slow internet connection (depends on provider), dirty city, pollution in big cities, climate might be too hot for foreigners (depends on city or area, some are cool some hot), government's corruption, high poverty rate, some big cities have high criminals rate.

whatever u do , dont come to pakistan.

I wouldnt call it Islamic , and certainly none of u expats will be able to survive unless u lie and be corrupt like the majority.
                            Hello noobz,

Lately my fiance told me a story from his boss (a Malaysian Chinese and non-muslim), who already went home from Pakistan. He said his baggage was stolen in airport, and he had to pay a large sum of money to bribe the airport officers to get it. And "magically", the lost baggage was found quickly after he bribed.

Then in hotel, which located in front of masjid, suddenly when he came out, the masjid was blasted by bomb. He was shocked the hell out witnessing!!!! But the hotel owner just carelessly said "oh, perhaps this sect against this sect" -- and everybody acted as if nothing's weird.

Upon walking, he purchased a nice hat (khuff?) and wearing it. In a silent street, a man came approaching him "if you want your life safe, put off the hat immediately. only certain tribe are allowed to wear it. if any outsider wear it, like you, you'll be beheaded in the street".
                            Last edited by Ariadne; 01-10-12, 02:03 PM.

And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

OOps...i didnt see KSA....KSA is my priority...but pakistan (pashtuns areas) and afghanistan are 2nd options.

Comment

Working...
                              X