Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you dress Sunnah? (For men)

By Sunnah I mean the following for men:
    • Beard at least fist length (if you can grow one)
    • Thowb
    • Turban w/ Kufi underneath
    • Khuffs (leather socks)
    Yes
    16.67%
    No
    20.00%
    Partial
    20.00%
    I'm a woman :inlove:
    43.33%
    Last edited by Mu'adh; 09-04-12, 03:07 AM.
    [CENTER]Fighting Jihad is an obligation on us. What is this talking of Jihad only being of the nafs?[/CENTER]

Re: Do you dress Sunnah? (For men)

All of them but not all the time.

Comment

There's no Surma there, isn't surma an important sunnah as well..

May Allah, as well as giving us the ability to copy the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam in clothing and appearance, give me and all of us the ability to walk the walk, and talk the talk of the Prophet Sallallahu alaihi wasallam...

Ameen.
      وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ

And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
      Al Baqarah : Verse 13

Comment

G cloths yarr
        "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Now that you mention it...Anyone know a site where you can buy turbans/Sunnah headwear that ships to all countries? Would appreciate it alot :)

Comment

Usually when I go to the masjid I will wear the qamees, sometimes a hat with that but it's an afghani type hat. Al hamdulilah the beard is always on, but I don't have leather socks.

That said, I do not dress like that when I go out normally, not usually anyway, unless I happen to be on my way back from the masjid. When I'm in Muslim countries though I do dress that way. It's not that you don't get haters there and you get them here (the US), you get them there too, but in the US it's quite a bit worse and I have to work with those people in university and such.
            والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Out of all that i'd say just the beard. Sometimes the kufi

My clothing is usually a dress shirt on top and my kurdish pants.

Comment

Everything but the leather socks.
                Shaykh-ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah wrote: "I have forgiven those who have lied about me and treated me unjustly." (al-'Uqud, p. 265)

Comment

salaams to all

i dont wear a turban often
                  and my mozas/khuffs are lost-somewhere in the Indo-Pak subcontinent
                  its difficult to get my size here in South Africa-11-12

but i do have a real beard & i wear a thowb/shalwaar kameez
                  (except when at the gym or playing soccer or swimming)

and Allah ta'ala knows best
                  jazakallah
                  Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
                  very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

you brothers crack me up

on one thread, you say there is no such thing as islamic/sunnah dress

now you wanna know who dresses in this non-existent dress

same thing with islamic names. no such thing, but you look for muslims via their islamic names
                    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

arab clothing is sunnah? modest and practical clothing isn't enough?

Comment

Originally posted by lutonguy View Post
                        arab clothing is sunnah? modest and practical clothing isn't enough?
                        interesting question

in islamic societies, before the european invasion, muslims always had a garment that covered them to their knees, you could not see the space between their legs

this was understood by all as "islamically correct dress"

after 500 years of european influence, muslim men feel no shame in exposing what is between their knees

interestingly enough, neither men nor women are supposed to just "cover the skin" but also cover the shape of their bodies (women more than men)

however, you will find muslim men who justify wearing jeans and a tshirt as "modestly dressed"

lets see if they let their women leave the house in that same "modest dress"
                        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

avoiding tight-fitting clothing is one thing, but wearing arab styles of clothing that were also worn in pre-islamic times?

Comment

Originally posted by lutonguy View Post
                            avoiding tight-fitting clothing is one thing, but wearing arab styles of clothing that were also worn in pre-islamic times?
                            yes, there were many things pre-islam that were kept, and many things pre-islam that were forbidden

and when it was all completed, Allah says I have perfected your religion for you

tight-fitting is a relative term, i know women who wear tight clothing and they will tell you "its not THAT tight"

my point was not tight, my point was that you can see between their legs. whether it was china, india, turkey, arabia, africa, it was common that there was clothing between mens legs

today, there is a space, because today THIS IS NORMAL CLOTHING

a bunch of euro-colonialist-slave mentality at work, nothing else
                            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

AM is there evidence that wearing pants for men is haram and not in league with the Islamic principles of modesty? I understand one should cover the awrah, and obviously one should not wear tight, but at the same time, it's hard to say pants/shirt as a form of dress is haram due to immodesty without solid evidence.

What you might be able to get on it is "tashabbuh bil kuffar", that is, imitation of kuffar. I can see that being the case.

Also one thing I often wondered. If the Sahabah used to train for war and go to battle, and they knew forms of martial arts, did they do that with the qamees on? I have no idea, but it would be hard to kick with that on and it can be a hindrance in battle because one might trip.
                              والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Working...
                              X