Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are (YOU) a racist ?

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله وبركاته

It`s not something surprising that racism is faced by lots of opposition worldwidely . Many times we refer to some people to be "racists" and it seems almost EVERYBODY complains about being discriminated against! If this is true and all of us are victims of racism , then WHO is responsible for it ?

Is it possible that "WE" ourselves are racists against certain groups but find that not really harming , while we magnify the issue of others being racists against us ?

My purpose of this thread is to make everyone of us think about him/her self and start changing himself/herself from within (if you discover you might be a racist), so all of us can purify our hearts and enjoy communities free of racism.

Have a nice day /night brothers and sisters .

Ps: Btw , no one can know what youranswer is , so relax and vote please
    I am NOT a racist at all (I don`t see any race/color/nationality to be better than the other)
    76.47%
    I don’t think recognizing that some of us are of better races , colores is wrong since it` true
    1.07%
    I have racist thoughts (think of some groups to be inferior) + I am trying to change that
    14.97%
    I do believe am a racist + but I don`t really do anything to change that .
    7.49%
    Last edited by ~ Jumana ~; 08-06-11, 11:35 AM.
    Jannah is my aim

Re: Are (YOU) a racist ?

Walikum Asalaam

Race And Colour Is Important To Me As It Defines A Person - its Who They Are. I Love Learning About Their Culture And Way of Life. But I Embrace It Rather Than Let It come Between Friends Etc. :insha: That Makes Sense

Example Aisha Is Aisha Not Asian Aisha Or Pakistani Friend Aisha :scratch:
    And He found you lost and guided you,
    ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
    " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
    ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

:wswrwb:

I've heard people say that human beings are nearly all racist/prejudiced towards some one or some group etc.
      Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Originally posted by NeverGoodEnough View Post
        :wswrwb:

I've heard people say that human beings are nearly all racist/prejudiced towards some one or some group etc.

salaams to all

thats quite true.
        its just that we have become programmed to think that racism is only when other races(esp whites) pick on blacks/africans due to their physical features or due to the stereotype that all of them are stupid & slow thinkers.
        theres racism by blacks/africans as well.
        im from South Africa & now with the black govt ruling the country- you see open/clear racism by blacks who feel that since they were deprived in the past- everything is theirs for the taking.
        if you have to be served by them in a govt building, you LOTS of sabr as some of them have somehow developed a superiority complex:
        they think they are "all that" although most really are just lazy &/or incompetent. they will take their own sweet time to do anything- the people of other races who work there, do twice as much in half the time it takes for these "geniuses" to do anything.

i suppose some might say that what i just said is also racist- but you dont know what i see on an almost daily basis.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
        jazakallah
        Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
        very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

We All Have A Level Prejudiced Its Not Racism Though

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Comment

Yes :banbear:and proud
            لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
              We All Have A Level Prejudiced Its Not Racism Though
              how`s that ukhti ? can you please elaborate more .
              Jannah is my aim

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                Yes :banbear:and proud
                I really hope you are joking !!
                Jannah is my aim

Comment

why? whats there to joke about? :s if you are then you are
                  لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Originally posted by Leemar Tayem View Post
                    how`s that ukhti ? can you please elaborate more .
                    prej·u·dice
                    1. an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
                    2. any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.
                    3. unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, regarding a racial, religious, or national group.

Source

rac·ism
                    1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
                    2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
                    3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Source

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Comment

I don't know. I haven't gone through all the possible encounters in my life with other groups of people.
                      "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

No.

Comment

Racism is stupid and so are racists
                          "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Comment

im the biggest racist on the forum. I even hate my own race.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
                              prej·u·dice
                              1. an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.
                              2. any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.
                              3. unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, regarding a racial, religious, or national group.

Source

rac·ism
                              1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
                              2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
                              3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Source
                              Thanks for your time scanning the dictionary !lol!
                              Jannah is my aim

Comment

Working...
                              X