X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are (YOU) a racist ?

Bismillah,

:wswrwb:

wow i never really thought about distinguishing between racism and prejudice ...

.. its not hate for me .. but maybe strongly dislike (at times) .. my own race

its the overall attitudes and outlook that gets to me..
    .. :(

but inshaAllah trying to change that :up:

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
    prej·u·dice
    2. any preconceived opinion or feeling, either favorable or unfavorable.
    Originally posted by noobz View Post
    im the biggest racist on the forum. I even hate my own race.
    La Ilaha Illa Anta, subhanaka, Inni Kunto Minal dhalimeen.(Al Anbiya 21:87) Nabi(SAW)said'None who is experiencing difficulty employs it except that Allah would relieve him of his difficulty'

Comment

Being racist is totally against Islam, the only thing that makes one better is in piety. Even this great Wisdom from Allah aside, how can one think one is better than another or look down on someone else based on the amount of melanine in their skin?? Sometimes I just don't understasnd people
      Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
      Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

racists are an evil race

Comment

the racists of opposing races should be forced to live with the racists who they are racist against and vice versa

Comment

no.

i have problems with certain cultures, but i wouldn't call it racist because i don't dislike or hate any ethnicity or background.
            The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
            (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
            In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

You're spot on KeeKee, there is definitely a big difference between dislike of cultures and dislike of races (after all there are no such things as races). I do believe that "European" or "Western" values are superior to all alternatives I've found so far, although this is not the same as saying that the western culture is perfect (far from it). But in this regard I do look down on other cultures, I'm not a cultural relativist, and occasionally and (very unfortunate) I find my self projecting these thoughts on people who don't deserve it. So I wouldn't say that I have racist thoughts but I do from time to time make unjustified generalisations.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemar Tayem View Post
                Thanks for your time scanning the dictionary !lol!
                And He found you lost and guided you,
                ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Everyone is racist against someone or something.

I hate hillbilly rednecks and the kkk, devil worshipping cults as well, racist towards these pigs and I have the right to be, I can justify it.
                  Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

Yeh I'm pretty racist, sometimes I make racist jokes....I don't know why...

With that said, I think hot people come in all races and I like all kinds of hotness....

Comment

"Racial superiority is a mere pigment of the imagination". ~Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Blossom1x View Post
                        "Racial superiority is a mere pigment of the imagination". ~Author Unknown
                        :up:
                        Jannah is my aim

Comment

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
                          no.

i have problems with certain aspects of many cultures, but i wouldn't call it racist because i don't dislike or hate any ethnicity or background.
                          Snap, only edited (in blue).
                          Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
                          O' Converter of Hearts, make my heart steadfast upon Thy Way
                          We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Comment

why do white people...............
                            لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

I do have racism in me, but with the Islam i improved a lot myself and still working upon that. may Allah help us.
                              Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) is also reported to have said: “He who is very hasty and so bold as to pass verdicts is also bold in taking the path towards hell

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                                why do white people...............
                                why do white people what?
                                Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                                Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Working...
                                X