Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question to the brothers: Would you marry a VERY shy sister?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question to the brothers: Would you marry a VERY shy sister?

This thread is OLD ....I kinda feel weird and uneasy seeing it *sigh*
    Jannah is my aim

Comment

I used to be a very very shy person,but marriage changed me.I've been told That ive become quite straight forward..I don't keep my thoughts held back like I used to,I'll tell you what I think right away.

So don't know if that's a good thing or not?
      If Allah brings you to it,He will bring you through it.

Comment

the shyer the better

Comment

anxiety.jpg

I hate those stupid memes but this thread reminded me of it

Btw this is a very very very old thread

Comment

Marrying a super shy sister is a gamble. She could be a complete angel or a complete shaytaan; you'll never know till after you marry her.

Comment

Shy does not mean the person is a good two shoes lol

I think I used to think that before, this applies to both genders

All the best with everyone who is trying to figure out a potential spouse's characteristics, it's tough because you can never tell until you live with the person so don't stress too much about every little detail but just go for it if it feels right.

Don't be too hasty though.

If there are doubts, stop and take your time.
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

(...Hearing the voice of an old Jamaican friend who would remind me often, "as granny used to say: Still waters run deep." )
                LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                -------------------------------
                "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Faith consists of more than sixty branches. And Haya is a part of faith. (Bukhari)
                  Haya does not bring anything except good.(Bukhari)
                  The Prophet (ﷺ) passed by a man who was admonishing his brother regarding Haya' (pious shyness from committing religious indiscretions) and was saying, "You are very shy, and I am afraid that might harm you." On that, Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Leave him, for Haya' is (a part) of Faith." [Sahih al-Bukhari 6118, In-book reference : Book 78, Hadith 145]
                  https://sunnah.com/search/?q=shy

She is so shy it is because she is newly married. Just let pass some times. IshaAllah she will be free with his husband. InshaAllah everything will be ok. The husband is lucky, he is not getting this. Shyness is rare today.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Shy does not mean the person is a good two shoes lol

I think I used to think that before, this applies to both genders

All the best with everyone who is trying to figure out a potential spouse's characteristics, it's tough because you can never tell until you live with the person so don't stress too much about every little detail but just go for it if it feels right.

Don't be too hasty though.

If there are doubts, stop and take your time.
                    this is what scares me about marriage, because you can never really know a potential until after marriage. Mr right, can turn out to be not so right after all
                    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Most likely I would prefer it actually as long as she is sociable around me and family and stuff like that
                      عوّد على السهر يا الله
                      Upon Prophetic Methodology

Comment

Working...
                      X