Men that cry...:'(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men that cry...:'(

Do you hold it shameful for a man to cry in private over difficult situations and hard decisions?

Explain:)
    Yes, it's not manly
    9.76%
    No, it's perfectly alright.
    90.24%
    Only if he follows it with dua' right after...otherwise it's still sad.
    0.00%

Re: Men that cry...:'(

Difficult times and stuff that is actually worthy of crying over, what's big deal, everyone cries. As long as he doesn't cry over dumb things like I do, then he's still cool, least he has a heart.

Actually no I don't cry over dumb things no more. =/ I can't find tears for dumb things, alhamdulillah.
    Last edited by scribble; 01-02-10, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by advertisement View Post
      Do you hold it shameful for a man to cry in private over difficult situations and hard decisions?

It's no shameful, tae cry yer eyes oot. Me I cannae - the only time I cried was at the funeral of my father-in-law at his graveside, back in 2001; and last year when I heard that a friend of mine had been killed :(
      Logic is the cement of our civilisation, with which we ascend from chaos, using reason and faith in Allah as our guide.

Comment

Ya, may Allah have mercy upon our parents.

I got my acceptance to continue seeking knowledge and sitting in my room thinking about doing so for 4 more years away from my family and home (if that's the right word), made me cry...:'( but I feel better now:)
        Last edited by advertisement; 01-02-10, 11:08 AM.

Comment

absolutely nothing wrong with men crying!! he's human, not a robot.......

Bottling up the emotions is bad for you, male or female. why on earth would crying in private be shameful? I'd be more worried about a man who never cried to be honest......

Comment

Men are not supposed to vry infront of people, it makes them seem rather weak although they can cry in private

Women cry all the time over anything, I think thats enough ...lol

Comment

i forgot to put the ayah

و هو الذي أضحك و أبكى

And Allah's the one that makes humans laugh and cry

Comment

i forgot to put the ayah

و هو الذي أضحك و أبكى

And Allah's the one that makes humans laugh and cry
                JazakAllaah then you get ignorant comments such as 'Men are not supposed to cry infront of people'

Comment

we should cry and ask dua from Almighty when we are in such like difficult situations. Other than that from whom we should get help?

the brave `Umar ibn Al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him) also used to cry in front of Almighty, so why we cant?

"Two (kinds of) eyes will not be touched by the Fire: an eye that wept out of fear of Allah and an eye that spent the night guarding in the cause of Allah." (At-Tirmidhi)

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...D=1954&CATE=17

Last edited by ammarcool; 01-02-10, 11:59 AM.

Comment

i dunno, i don't like to see men cry it just looks......odd. i do understand men crying in really hard situations but normally they're the ones that hold it together and comfort the women or whatever.....i've never seen my brothers or dad cry except when my bro passed away. other than that never......i don't even cry myself

Comment

Yeah because its in the nature of the man to be the protector...therefore we dont like to think of them as vulnerable. However, I have seen my uncles cry at a family members funeral. Its not crying exactly...its just that red-eyed look. The way men cry I suppose.

Comment

No, they have feelings too.
                        It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
                        -Muslim

Comment

It's abnormal if you are human and don't cry..Nothing shameful in it..plus it's a great stress reliever

Comment

A few tears here and there is nice but if he's rolling around on the floor crying buckets like I do usually then there's a problem.

Comment

The Prophet :saw: cried when his son Ibrahim died and the Companions were surprised at that and he :saw: said it was "mercy" :sub:. Its perfectly fine for a man to cry in situations like this, they are human afterall.
                              "..And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him."
                              [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-D‚' wad-Daw‚ Fasl 49]

Comment

Working...
                              X