Are you a Tablighi?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are you a Tablighi?

My bros are in it. Can women be tablighis too?
    "Past the seeker as he prayed came the crippled and the beggar and the beaten. And seeing them...he cried, "Great God, how is it that a loving creator can see such things and yet do nothing about them?"...God said, "I did do something. I made you."" -- Sufi Teaching

Comment

Originally posted by miss-islamic View Post
      My bros are in it. Can women be tablighis too?
      Yes, they can. Over here in SL i think there's women's thaleem.
      "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

i love tabligh but not a permanent member.
        i like the way Ikhwan almuslimeen worked for Islam and still are.

Proud to be ikhwan.

Comment

Iam a bit of everything really, dunno where i will end up, mayby it will alone in my room counting my beeds and wallowing in my souless life, mayby it will be eating a biryanni and coke after some sufi dancing at the local place, and laughing and joking , mayby ....
          Last edited by Arsalan; 22-02-08, 08:08 PM.
          "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

Well, I've been on jamaat a couple of times, spend most my time with tablighi brothers and attend a masjid run by the TJ's.....but I wouldn't describe myself as a member, exactly, despite the fact I voted "yes"..

That said, I really admire the selfless work they do for the deen and fully intend to do a 40-day jamaat, when time allows insha'Allah.

Comment

no

(I edited the rest of your post since it may be perceived as being rude to those who work in such an organization including certain Ulema who advocate this method.

I trust you will understand.

Jazkallah Khair Sidi and May Allah grant us Jannatul Farodus.)

Ameen.
              Last edited by al-ghazalli; 23-02-08, 02:10 AM. Reason: al-ghazalli
              May Allah Bless Us All.

Comment

Yes, but I haven't been active in a long time. No matter what though, I'll always be a Tablighi.
                Allah’s Messenger said: “Whoever as much as kills a sparrow in vain will find it crying before Allah on the Day of Judgment: ‘My Lord! That person killed me in vain. He did not kill me for needful sustenance.”

Comment

Originally posted by fisabilllillah View Post
                  whats a tablighi?
                  ive heard the name before and have a vague idea.....
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tablighi_Jamaat

Here's a nice little summary =]
                  [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Purple"]Rise Up & Leave Off Resting It Is Islam, It Has Returned! In The Path Of Allah We Have Announced JIHAD![/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

I'm not a tablighi for various reasons...but the tablighis have good manners...:up:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Hanzalah View Post
                      I'm not a tablighi for various reasons...but the tablighis have good manners...:up:
                      :jkk:

Could you elaborate with some examples of "good manners" you found in them?

:salams
                      Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

Comment

Just in their manners of speaking, they don't tend to look down on people as some other Muslims might.....they seem much more friendly and mature in their approach to people. This is general by the way.

Although I was with a group other than tablighi once upon a time, I found this group's manners to be appalling. I've never been a tablighi (don't plan to), but I find them to have good manners.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Hanzalah View Post

Just in their manners of speaking, they don't tend to look down on people as some other Muslims might.....they seem much more friendly and mature in their approach to people. This is general by the way...........

:jkk:

Gentleness of speech is indeed a religious virtue in Islam and rudeness is a sin.

The Quran declares:

Speak fair to the People. (II: 83)

We have it from the Prophet that:

“To speak politely is piety and a kind of charity.”

“To indulge in intemperate language and in harsh behaviour is to perpetrate an injustice and the home of injustice is Hell.”

“Rudeness in speech is hypocrisy (i.e., the quality of a hypocrite).”

Good manners and noble qualities of mind and character enjoy a place of crucial importance in the structure of Islamic teaching. Moral evolution and uplift was one of the main objects for which the sacred Prophet was raised up. The Prophet himself has said:

“I have been sent down by God to teach moral virtues and to evolve them to highest perfection.”

Though in the Quran and the Sunnah we are taught to cultivate all good and noble moral and social qualities and to avoid everything that is mean or wicked, the following virtues are more important and without which no one can hope to be a good Muslim and a true believer. Please note that manners of speaking is one such virtue.

Truthfulness

Trustworthiness

Justice

Tenderness

Self- Restraint

Gentleness of Speech

Humility

Courage and Fortitude

Sincerity

The commands of Allah and the Words of the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam pertaining to each of the above virtues can be read at the following URL:

http://www.al-islam.edu.pk/whatisislam/goodmaner.htm
                          Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

Comment

I have been on jama'at once but am not a Tablighi. I do admire their efforts at spreading the deen though.
                            Narrated Abee Hafsah: Ubaadah bin Saamit said to his son: "Oh son! You shall not get the true sense of eemaan (faith) until you know that what has befallen you was not going to miss you and what missed you was not going to befall you..." (Abu Dawud).

Comment

my dads one of hafidh patels right hand men :D i love tabligh....come from a strict TJ family but researched long & hard on it and i LOVE it.
                              The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                              (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                              In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Hafiz PatelJi **inlove**
                                Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Working...
                                X