Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Is The Most Hated Household Chore

Originally posted by scribble View Post
    The ones wih the frills at the end at meant to be let down as it is.
    Who uses frilly stuff? (excluding fais)

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
      imagine this bro, from the age of 7 u have been daily, hoovering dusting, polishing, cleaning, tidying up, hoovering the stairs ( major mission at that age) cleaning out the fire grate and hot ashes, bringing the full coal bucket in, feeding the pets, washing the dishes, cooking dinner for your father and brothers while ur mother is out working, sweeping and mopping floors, and picking up the shopping from the supermarket.... then u get to 18 and get married and u have to do all this and more now every single day of your life and have babies, no day off at all none, not even one, and more work than this on some days...cleaning windows, curtains,washing down the woodwork, walls etc. and being sent out to work part time too by the husband.

on top of this not only do u have to do all these jobs sometimes 3 times a day, but for 24 hours a day you are on call,7 days a week, and in my case i have been doing this now for 30 years, so i still have another maybe 50 years to go insha Allah... imagine that akhi no day off from this type of work for maybe 80 years .... bound to end up hating it, and its not like u can have a change of job...

( bonus for me though in my family, the men do not allow the women to empty the bins and take them out, or to scrub the cooker top and roasting pots and pans thats the job of the man of the house :up: )
      u mean they actually use a brillo n scrub the cooker n pans n stuff?! Im impressed lol
      من صمت نجا

He who keeps silent saves himself (Tirmidhi, Ahmad).

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
        I dunno. Ask the people who do use frilly stuff... :p

Comment

Originally posted by beamz View Post
          Oh, i forgot i hate anything to do with the dreaded toilet especially after my older brothers been in, never cleans-up after himself typical boy/man
          the worst is wen they think the toilet is a shower room so they throw water all over the floor....................so the poor person who goes next has to mop the floor..sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo annnoying!

Comment

Originally posted by ify View Post
            u mean they actually use a brillo n scrub the cooker n pans n stuff?! Im impressed lol
            lol absolutely my uncles, grandfathers and my father would never allow their wives beautiful hands to do such nasty jobs no way theyd let them take out the stinky bins either :up:
            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
              Whats frilly stuff
              If you were in the clouds, Allah would raise us to you or lower you to us for battle.

said this to the Byzantine troops when they retreated from the battle field to the fortified town of Chalcis.

- Khalid ibn Walid

Comment

I HATE VACUUMING, JUST HATE IT.

Whenever we have guests over, my mom hands the vacuum to me, i get so vexed. After i'm done i just fall on the sofa like i've ran in some marathon :(
                Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lambo5688 View Post
                  Shouldn't that be natural for you?

I don't get it...how can women hate household chores?
                  Its not only a womens job

Originally posted by $HugoBoss$ View Post

Whenever we have guests over, my mom hands the vacuum to me, i get so vexed. After i'm done i just fall on the sofa like i've ran in some marathon :(
                  Thats my fav house chore :p ... Its the easiest one
                  Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Comment

wait..so no one else irons bed sheets?

what abt duvet covers?
                    i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Fais View Post
                      Whats frilly stuff
                      doilies?

and u brag about being strong and tough

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post

what abt duvet covers?
                      no ..... :rotfl:
                      Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by muslimma View Post

so what is the most hated household chore? [/COLOR]
                        1. dishes
                        2. laundry
                        3. folding n putting clothes away [esp pairing up socks :( ]

but #1 washing dishes, i hate it. but you have to do it innit

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
                          and u brag about being strong and tough
                          Vacuuming has nothing to do with being tough, i think it's extremely boring and it's a hassle in general, clearly a woman's job. I bet you do a fantastic job gucci, your hubby will be pleased with you :D
                          Everyone thinks their a scholar because they know how to copy and paste, you get your ummah face on and the second you log out, you know your reality. Anyone can attain knowledge, how many can implement it?

Comment

Originally posted by Fais View Post
                            Whats frilly stuff
                            Don't tell me you've forgotten guvna already

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Comment

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post

what abt duvet covers?
                              everything gets ironed.

Comment

Vacuuming has nothing to do with being tough, i think it's extremely boring and it's a hassle in general, clearly a woman's job. I bet you do a fantastic job gucci, your hubby will be pleased with you :D
                                you can't vacuum? :rotfl:

i don't "cook" per se, i just make food myself, so that can't be counted, but i dont mind doing that since it for me *Roll Eyes*

vacuuming i don't mind, dishes i don't mind, i don't exactly enjoy dusting cos i'm allergic to dust, cleaning is not so bad, and ironing i don't do, that would be the most boring one for me cos i don't have that much free time to stand and iron baskets of clothes.

Comment

Working...
                                X