Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ☘🌺🍀
    replied
    My mum. It will always be there I think. I'm scared of my father too but more as in I don't want to disappoint him or do something that will upset him. He wouldn't do anything to me he is very kind alhamdulillah

Leave a comment:

• Muhammed_Abdullah
    replied
    I am only afraid of Allah (SWT).

I am not afraid of anyone else or anything else.

My parents are not very strict. They are fairly easygoing.

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied
    Do people think that parents should be harsh/strict/that dads should be? This thread is interesting, I mean I've never thought it's good of parents to be that way (unless something really necessitates it) and even then, nothing works (imo) better than talking to your kids, but even in real life/on other threads there sometimes seems to be the idea that dads in particular should be 'scary'. I wouldn't want my kids to be frightened of their dad.. ever. I mean if they had done something wrong, then they should fear Allaah. And obviously would get a telling off, talking to, making sure they understand it's wrong and why and guidance. But I don't think shouting or actually hurting anyone ever solved anything, and can sometimes make a situation even worse.

Leave a comment:

• MyUsernameIs...
    replied
    Neither ...my parents are such softies

Usually amongst my relatives the mums are stricter & harsher and the dads will only do a disciplinary intervention when things are getting out of hand.

That way the kids know they are in serious trouble if dad gets involved ....especially sons as they will get a beating. Daughters don't have too much to fear from dad as he will never lay a finger on them ....just a stern lecture or two

Leave a comment:

• Mohammad Ali
    replied
    None of the two scare me.

Leave a comment:

• .Hajar.
    replied
    Where's the fourth option? --> none

I don't remember being afraid of any of my parents while growing up..it was only later on during my late teen and early 20s that I really tested my mom's patience.. (sorry, mom I love you!)..she's one of my best friends, my mom..may Allah reward her and my dad and all our parents immensely and guide them upon The Truth, aameen

Leave a comment:

• *Sweety*
    replied
    I was more afraid of my mum, with my dad I wasn't scared, he never touched us girls but with my brothers he would beat them up lol
    He was a softie, any tears and he would give in.

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri-bin-Ali
    replied
    Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post

I have an eldest brother who behaved similar to yours too. He still has that aura about him that scares me a little, when we lived in the same house. Now looking back, I think it could be the age gap that is wide which makes it difficult for me to get along adjust to a much older sibling.

It didn't help he didn't talk much either.
    He had a lot on his shoulders from very young, being the one my parents relied on for pretty much running things in the family. The truth is, even though he made things tough, we were all afraid to do anything we shouldn't and because of that, it meant we stayed away from a ot of things others didn't.

Once he had his own children and they'd started to grow up a little, he started to change. I think he realised then that he needed to change his approach to get through to and not harm his own children, and of course that there was that natural softening of a person with parenthood and age.

He's changed now, Alhamdulillaah, even though that 'eldest brother' aura is still there, you can see now, that even back then, he was doing things the way he did out of thinking it was the right way to go about it. He's always had good intentions despite everything, and he's always made the most sacrifices from all of us, and borne the most responsibility... I just look back sometimes and think, man, you could have been a little easier on us.

We get on well these days, Alhamdulillaah, and have done for the last twelve or thirteen years. I'm probably closer to him in many ways than a lot of my other brothers. He's a different person to the one he was when younger. Alhamdulillaah.
    Last edited by Fakhri-bin-Ali; 04-06-21, 12:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aelmo
    replied
    I’m surprised that so many of you have scarier moms 😟

I can truly say my mom is the nicest person I ever met and I’m not saying that just because she is my mom. She doesn’t talk about anyone or start any drama or anything and she doesn’t like to make people feel upset. She’s so innocent and cute. My brothers future wife is so lucky. She is going to get such a nice mother in law.

my parents are like fire and water. Their relationship makes no sense but some how they are ok. It’s very weird.

Leave a comment:

• notEVOLVED
    replied
    Depends on the atmosphere.

Leave a comment:

• nudgetheputri1
    replied
    My mum played bad cop, dad played good cop when I was younger. In my 13+ years, my mum was heavily suspicious and harsh on me for some reason.

She liked to think I'm one of those girls that sneaked around with boys after school without her knowing.

My dad was more into asking what type of interaction guys in school had with me, especially male teachers.

A part of me thinks mum makes bad assumptions out of thin air, but being the only daughter the focus on me is understandable. It could be something to do with her line of thinking about me, or what she had seen about girls that resembled me, which reminded her of that.
    Last edited by nudgetheputri1; 04-06-21, 02:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nudgetheputri1
    replied
    Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
    My mother was quite scary growing up. She was fair, though.
    My father was scarier for sure (as fathers ought to be).

Ah.... My eldest brother, though, was absolutely terrifying.
    He was like an enforcer that had a license to do whatever he wanted if we stepped out of line in any way, or when we'd made a mistake, and even sometimes when we hadn't. The truth is I held quite a bit of animosity against him for that all the way through my teens and into my early twenties.By then, he was much smaller than I was physically and he'd had a few kids of his own and had started to mellow.

He had his reasons I guess, but he was one of those guys who always felt they could 'physically' fix people and situations. It took for him to be in his fourties to realise things don't work like that, and that not everyone thinks the same.

(Note: Any parents or people in general, don't go bezerk on your kids when they do things wrong. Get them to understand their mistake and help them fix it if they can.)
    I have an eldest brother who behaved similar to yours too. He still has that aura about him that scares me a little, when we lived in the same house. Now looking back, I think it could be the age gap that is wide which makes it difficult for me to get along adjust to a much older sibling.

It didn't help he didn't talk much either.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Abba
    Amma is scary too and can make my life really difficult, she thinks if she makes it hard for me, I will give in, may Allah reward them for their efforts. Ameen.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri-bin-Ali
    replied
    My mother was quite scary growing up. She was fair, though.
    My father was scarier for sure (as fathers ought to be).

Ah.... My eldest brother, though, was absolutely terrifying.
    He was like an enforcer that had a license to do whatever he wanted if we stepped out of line in any way, or when we'd made a mistake, and even sometimes when we hadn't. The truth is I held quite a bit of animosity against him for that all the way through my teens and into my early twenties.By then, he was much smaller than I was physically and he'd had a few kids of his own and had started to mellow.

He had his reasons I guess, but he was one of those guys who always felt they could 'physically' fix people and situations. It took for him to be in his fourties to realise things don't work like that, and that not everyone thinks the same.

(Note: Any parents or people in general, don't go bezerk on your kids when they do things wrong. Get them to understand their mistake and help them fix it if they can.)

Leave a comment:

• Creamcake
    replied
    Neither Alhamdulillaah.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X