Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been in a fight?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by nudgetheputri1 View Post

    I won't be in that school for long. I have a reserved nature about me but girls can be prone to be being jealous of me, so it must be tricky situation if I went to that school in my teens.

    How did (Arab) boys behave then?
    yeah girls can be that way sometimes. Especially teenagers. Very insecure and everything always seems to be a competition because of it.

    I only ever went to all girl schools in the Middle East so I’m not sure personally but my brother seemed to get into A LOT of fights growing up. The all guy schools are terrible. Some of the things my brother has told me sound like a complete nightmare. I hear that a lot of none Arab guys have an extremely hard time when they come to schools here. My brother doesn’t look very Arab so he was always a target but thankfully he grew up in the environment and was a big enough kid to be able to defend himself. But even he had very hard times in some schools and I noticed now that he doesn’t have many Arab friends either.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by aelmo View Post

      Oh I don’t like fighting either now. Younger me seemed to be able to handle stuff like that but older me can’t sleep or eat or do anything if I have an issue with someone.

      I was surrounded by Arabs growing up. You had to fight to survive in those kinds of schools otherwise you would be stepped on. Not physical fighting but it was very cliquey and you ended up in a fight pretty much every week there. Very toxic places. I think those experience are a reason why I find large groups of women very intimidating now that I’m older. Seriously I stop functioning and get very anxious when I am in a group with a lot of ladies in it. Not that they do anything but i have memories of judgmental mean girls that are deeply rooted in me that I never managed to shake off. I’m also just an introvert and overthink everything so I can’t handle big groups.
      I get where you are coming from. I was around judgmental family members and it was sooo toxic that it used to have an effect on my confidence and I couldn't behave normally instead i used to behave like i was ready for war or timid like a rabbbit. Quite worrying how i survived it all...

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Flawed View Post

        I get where you are coming from. I was around judgmental family members and it was sooo toxic that it used to have an effect on my confidence and I couldn't behave normally instead i used to behave like i was ready for war or timid like a rabbbit. Quite worrying how i survived it all...
        Wow. That’s actually exactly how it was with me. At school and with my Arab family members. They somehow managed to make me overly confident and extremely insecure at the same time. They nitpick everything and they don’t care about hurting your feelings when the criticize you. I know I’m a major perfectionist now because of all the pressure I was put under as a kid by them and the environment I lived in. It’s something I realized a couple years ago. Any praise people give me now about stuff I do falls on deaf ears if I don’t think I did a good job. I really hate that about myself but I was conditioned to be that way 🤦‍♀️

        tbh I don’t talk to a lot of my Arab family members now. I can handle them in small doses but not enough to have real relationships with them. It’s too toxic.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by aelmo View Post

          yeah girls can be that way sometimes. Especially teenagers. Very insecure and everything always seems to be a competition because of it.

          I only ever went to all girl schools in the Middle East so I’m not sure personally but my brother seemed to get into A LOT of fights growing up. The all guy schools are terrible. Some of the things my brother has told me sound like a complete nightmare. I hear that a lot of none Arab guys have an extremely hard time when they come to schools here. My brother doesn’t look very Arab so he was always a target but thankfully he grew up in the environment and was a big enough kid to be able to defend himself. But even he had very hard times in some schools and I noticed now that he doesn’t have many Arab friends either.
          It's a conformity thing what your brother had to go through, like not looking Arab in Arab-majority. What was he expected to do when it's not in his control how he looks like? It's not fair.

          Asians have that conformitive way of thinking too. In terms of behavior, way of dressing and sometimes race.

          Overtime, we should be able to grow out of it.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by aelmo
            Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

            well its not like a lot of people know each other on here, they will still be anonymous so to speak

            no comment but i dont like fighting at all, i dont like arguing and im just not into all that drama,
            i know some people thrive for it and live for it but its not for me at all, i hate it a lot and i dont like seeing people fighting or even arguing tbh
            Oh I don’t like fighting either now. Younger me seemed to be able to handle stuff like that but older me can’t sleep or eat or do anything if I have an issue with someone.

            I was surrounded by Arabs growing up. You had to fight to survive in those kinds of schools otherwise you would be stepped on. Not physical fighting but it was very cliquey and you ended up in a fight pretty much every week there. Very toxic places. I think those experience are a reason why I find large groups of women very intimidating now that I’m older. Seriously I stop functioning and get very anxious when I am in a group with a lot of ladies in it. Not that they do anything but i have memories of judgmental mean girls that are deeply rooted in me that I never managed to shake off. I’m also just an introvert and overthink everything so I can’t handle big groups.
            Which country is this that you went to school in? Middle east?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

              Which country is this that you went to school in? Middle east?
              Yes. The same place I live in now. And Lebanon too.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by aelmo
                Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post

                Which country is this that you went to school in? Middle east?
                Yes. The same place I live in now. And Lebanon too.
                Ohh okay cool, I was just wondering because you mentioned it was full of arabs kids

                Comment


                • #23
                  No i cant even imagine getting in a fight with anyoneI want to learn self defence though incase a stranger tries to attack me(never know in the society that we live in)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                    No i cant even imagine getting in a fight with anyoneI want to learn self defence though incase a stranger tries to attack me(never know in the society that we live in)
                    One of my neighbors once punched me in the stomach -_-

                    I'm not good at fighting people. My mind also kind of shuts down whenever I'm in a situation like that. Like I'll run into a corner and accept my fate. I could probably use a self defense class too because, not to give anyone ideas, but I would be pretty easy to kill.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by aelmo View Post

                      One of my neighbors once punched me in the stomach -_-

                      I'm not good at fighting people. My mind also kind of shuts down whenever I'm in a situation like that. Like I'll run into a corner and accept my fate. I could probably use a self defense class too because, not to give anyone ideas, but I would be pretty easy to kill.
                      Oh my really.. Why would they do that?! Thats awful. Same here i cant imagine fighting back which is why a defence class would be useful(cant imagine myself actually going though). Awww don't worry..i'll sort them out for you if anyone tries to kill youLol we'll probably both end up getting killed

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Creamcake View Post

                        Oh my really.. Why would they do that?! Thats awful. Same here i cant imagine fighting back which is why a defence class would be useful(cant imagine myself actually going though). Awww don't worry..i'll sort them out for you if anyone tries to kill youLol we'll probably both end up getting killed
                        I have no idea. She had a boxing glove on and decided I will be her punching bag :(

                        Im counting on you to smack the creeps for me. And while you distract them I'll go for the kneecaps and then maybe we will have a chance at survival! Teamwork!!!

                        Comment

                        Collapse

                        Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                        Working...
                        X