X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

SAME
    IM the biggest wimp you'll meet

When I was a kid, at one point we had to use a bucket so whenever I had to pour water over myself, I would quickly do it because the second I did it, I'd feel like I'm drowning and the sharks and sea monsters are coming to get me- I'd visualize it my head

It was so scary and it's incredible that I still remember that fear

Alhamdulliah the bath is not a problem now but I do have a serious phobia with water

There's no way I'm googling that

Years ago I received a huge map of the planet (study related), I told my brother to open it up for me while I stood in the corner just incase I freak out so I can run out of the room-lmso

no one understands

I hate it when people ask me why or they give me that stare>

How am I supposed to know where these fears come from

I don't like looking at satellite images of the earth either, and google maps...

Ok good. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Yeah don't look that stuff up because its traumatizing.

Water and heights are just the worst!

Comment

Yeah, one of my biggest fears.

But at the same time, I like views from high places like mountains and such. You'll just never catch me standing close to an edge.

Comment

Apparently there is a gene for this. I start cowering if I have to stand near a glass barrier and can see down. I can never go right up to the glass.

Comment

Originally posted by ten_toes View Post
          Apparently there is a gene for this. I start cowering if I have to stand near a glass barrier and can see down. I can never go right up to the glass.
          I've heard about that before. Its interesting how there are some people who aren't even phased by heights. I've always been scared for as long as I can remember.

Comment

I’m not sure since when, but yes I am afraid of heights to some degree. It is odd because I don’t think I used to be, however I remember one time I was watching a video on YouTube of some crazy bridges in the world and just imaging walking across them gave me goosebumps. I can’t find the video itself but here is one example of a very scary bridge to cross

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=72OACa0jdyw

I should clarify by heights I mean extreme heights and not the rooftop of two or three storey building as an example.

It’s also strange that although I hate extreme heights, I get a thrill out of watching videos of people doing crazy stunts on skyscrapers or involving heights. There was this one guy Wu Yongning who did these stunts, but I won’t share any videos as sadly he died performing one of them :(

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
              I’m not sure since when, but yes I am afraid of heights to some degree. It is odd because I don’t think I used to be, however I remember one time I was watching a video on YouTube of some crazy bridges in the world and just imaging walking across them gave me goosebumps. I can’t find the video itself but here is one example of a very scary bridge to cross

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=72OACa0jdyw

I should clarify by heights I mean extreme heights and not the rooftop of two or three storey building as an example.

It’s also strange that although I hate extreme heights, I get a thrill out of watching videos of people doing crazy stunts on skyscrapers or involving heights. There was this one guy Wu Yongning who did these stunts, but I won’t share any videos as sadly he died performing one of them :(
              I clicked out of that video very quickly. How do they even build things like that?

Every time i see videos of people doing stuff like that I become like an overprotective mother just yelling at the screen for them to get down and be careful.

humans were meant to be on the ground! Not in the air or in water!

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post

I clicked out of that video very quickly. How do they even build things like that?

Every time i see videos of people doing stuff like that I become like an overprotective mother just yelling at the screen for them to get down and be careful.

humans were meant to be on the ground! Not in the air or in water!
                My palms and my hands really get sweaty just watching this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rb1XPfD0Vdc

I cannot even imagine doing this!

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post

My palms and my hands really get sweaty just watching this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rb1XPfD0Vdc

I cannot even imagine doing this!
                  There are children on this site!

Really though why would anyone do something like that for fun? It makes no sense. Like you pay money to be traumatized? fools.

You should look up submechanophobia. I tried to look for an example of this but I genuinely got scared and couldn't even click on a video but if you're ever looking to freak yourself out that will probably get the job done.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X