Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research into topics which are affecting Muslims in the UK

Assalamu alaikum

I am one of a number of muslim researchers who have come together to carry out some short surveys on the muslim community in the UK.

The overall aim is to collect more data, distribute reliable information and stats and drive awareness of key issues affecting muslims in the UK. We will be mainly publishing our results on the website in blog format.

Right now we have short surveys on:
    Mental Health
    Coronavirus
    Racism

We would appreciate it if you took a few minutes to submit your responses. No data other than survey responses are collected and no personal information is requested.

The website is:

[LINK REMOVED - AA]

Apologies if i havent gone about this in the right way - happy to be redirected / guided.
    Last edited by Abu 'Abdullaah; 28-06-20, 11:01 PM.

Please post some credentials before gathering data on Muslims.

Comment

JazakAllah im happy to pull the post if it seems sketchy - who would i speak to / verify with???

Comment

You can speak right here.

Comment

What do you need for verification?

Comment

Originally posted by uxmuslim View Post
            What do you need for verification?
            Your name

Address of organisation

Comment

To be honest we arent working for, with or being funded by any organisation. Just to clarify when i mean theres just a few of us i literally mean a few of us have gotten together, set up a website ourselves and decided to conduct these surveys and get the data out there.

Other than providing my personal details theres nothing much more i can provide.

Comment

To be honest we arent working for, with or being funded by any organisation. Just to clarify when i mean theres just a few of us i literally mean a few of us have gotten together, set up a website ourselves and decided to conduct these surveys and get the data out there.

Other than providing my personal details theres nothing much more i can provide.
                You have to provide credentials if you want to be taken seriously.

When you say "get the date out there" what do you mean exactly... out where? Nobody is going to cite anonymous people as a reliable source for data.

Comment

I can provide personal details thats about it - other than that its just a few people who have come together to set it up, we arent backed by any business or organisation. The credentials would literally be my details which you would have to verify.

At the moment we are looking at:
                  Social media outreach
                  Onsite blog posts

But in general out there means out into the world - our personal aim is that we want muslims to be able to access and find this type of data on the muslim community.

I disagree - citing online sources with unknown authors happens regularly, and we aim to provide a full breakdown to how the data was collected / published results.

Overall though if there are issues with this type of thing e.g. verification, needing to have a trusted organisation behind it etc., i have no problem withdrawing the whole post - i understand that ive just come on and literally dropped this.

Comment

...I disagree - citing online sources with unknown authors happens regularly...
                    It does unfortunately. Doesn't mean that it's good or reliable. In fact, as Muslims, we don't take from anonymous sources.

Comment

To be honest, cant disagree with you on that point about sources, appreciate the time you gave anyway sketching things out!

Comment

Working...
                      X