e) I am wary of the user who posted it
    22.22%
    f) the video is too long
    22.22%
    g) I think I know enough about the topic
    0%
    h) I feel lazy
    22.22%

Next poll: Do you vote in the polls here?

Comment

Sadly, no.

I am not sure where I went wrong.

Comment

You should not have the option to vote where you typed Q1 and Q2.

Comment

Ok. Based on the responses so far, here's what I can suggest:

1. Not interested in the topic:

Knowledge has to be chased after. It doesn't come to you. You need to seek it. And the reluctance you feel may be from Shaytan. And in many cases, the video has more to it than just the topic mentioned in the title. We don't know what gems lie within them and one might learn something or hear something that could leave a strong impact on him.

2. Not interested in the speaker:

I think most of us have a preference when it comes to which speaker we listen to. But we should understand that all the knowledge is not accumulated in a single individual. If you don't know the speaker, you could research his qualifications and if you're not comfortable with it, then you can move on. But many times, the newer da'ees face problems because most people listen to the well-known ones and these newer ones get ignored. These people then eventually move out to a different location or country since they are unable to gain a decent audience in his current place. So, we should be more willing to listen to other speakers as it also helps motivate them.

3. Don't know what the video is about:

If the video is on YouTube, you could check the description of the video. It might provide some details related to the video.

4. Wary of the user who posted it:

Hmm, well... if it isn't an intricate topic and just a simple reminder video, I don't see much of a problem.

5. Video too long:

You can increase the playback speed. I usually do this. You can halve the time by playing at 2x speed. Of course, not all speakers would be intelligble at 2x speed. You can use 1.5x or 1.25x. Still faster than the original.

6. Lazy:

You could still use the tip about playback speed above if it is the duration of the video that makes you lazy. You can also have the video play when you're doing something that doesn't require a great deal of attention, like driving or working out. If on Android, you can use NewPipe, Brave Browser (with background playback option enabled) or Kiwi Browser to play YouTube in the background while screen is off or while you're using your phone for other stuff.
          Last edited by notEVOLVED; 19-05-20, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X