What makes you trust someone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes you trust someone?

What factors determines your trust in someone?
    Religiousity
    45.45%
    Eloquency
    18.18%
    Appearance
    27.27%
    Family links
    0%
    Long time acquaintance
    63.64%
    Politeness
    63.64%
    Knowledge
    9.09%
    Educational Background
    9.09%
    Mutual Business Experience
    18.18%
    Like-minded
    18.18%
    Last edited by notEVOLVED; 25-06-19, 11:32 PM.

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

According to this, Millennials are less trusting of others:
    https://www.ummah.com/forum/core/ima...EAAAICRAEAOw==

And according to this study: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...4520/?&ampcf=1
    smarter people are more trusting.

So, in conclusion, millennials are getting dumber. This is quite visible. Lack of trust is the reason for conspiracy theories. In fact, seeing the way something as dumb as Flat Earth Theory is getting traction among some people these days, it is quite evident that newer generations are getting dumber.

Again this can also be seen in some "Muslims". Those that reject Hadith because they don't "trust" them. *cough* Quranists *cough*. Because, it was apparently compiled "200 years after Prophet Muhammad's ﷺ death". Where did they get this number from? "200(some claim 300) years". Oh yeah, from "History". So these people trusts a random number from some random History books with no authentication process even attempted on them but don't trust compilations of ahadith that underwent centuries of scrutiny and vetting. Can you see the obvious hypocrisy and failure of logic over here? It's hilarious.
    Last edited by notEVOLVED; 26-06-19, 12:19 AM.

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

You can't trust someone based on how religious they appear or how religious they tell you they are or any of the other reasons for that matter. This was a mistake I made which I regret a lot. So now I have switched to the opinion that in order to trust someone, you must know them personally for a long time.

Comment

Business dealings with them should be on that list.
        Things about people surface when it comes to matters of money.

Travelling together ...
        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
        -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

Was going to say that ^

you dont know someone until you’ve either lived with them, travelled with them or done business with them

seeing as though my chances of doing any of these three things with anyone are pretty low, I pretty much don’t trust anyone :)
          https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
            Lack of trust is the reason for conspiracy theories.
            Don't you need to have "trust" or "belief" in a conspiracy theory to trust or believe that it is true?

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post

Don't you need to have "trust" or "belief" in a conspiracy theory to trust or believe that it is true?
              Well, it's a scale. One will always be at one of the ends. Lack of trust in evidences and official statements will put you on the other end of the scale, so you will resort to whatever makes you comfortable being on that part of the population.

Plus, these kind of people trust others that have the same opinion as them. Basically, they believe they're right so anyone that thinks the same is also obviously right from their perspective. So it's kind of a "biased trust". That actually is another possible factor. I need to put that on the poll.

Comment

I don't know

It's a tough one

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                  I don't know

It's a tough one
                  You can choose multiple answers on the poll

Comment

Sometimes we trust people for different reasons and depending on the circumstances. Say for example someone is a loudmouth so you would not trust them with sharing your problems especially if you know they will go and tell others. If that same loud mouth wanted to borrow money you would lend it to them if they have returned it in time in the past.

Comment

I need to learn and know how to trust someone

I find it difficult to trust people

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

I have always trusted those who are strict and careful when speaking about the deen ...they are careful to never speak of their own desires or accord and will refer back to the Quran and sunnah.

I just can't trust people who speak of the deen without knowledge.

If one can't be trusted with the deen of Allah then they can't be trusted in anything.

Comment

I am quite surprised that no one here trusts someone based on family links. What I have seen in reality tells me a different story.

Comment

What factors determines your trust in someone?
                            its really tough to trust someone nowadays so if you are friends with them from a long time I think only then you can open up to them.
                            NO RACISM

Comment

I am quite surprised that no one here trusts someone based on family links. What I have seen in reality tells me a different story.
                              I definitely don't trust relatives lol

It's always competition with them and it's a real shame, that it has to be like that

A kaffir was more happy about the news of my marriage than my relatives, or any other accomplishment or good news for that matter

Comment

Working...
                              X