Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the abolishment of reps the cause of decline in beneficial posts?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is the abolishment of reps the cause of decline in beneficial posts?

    I wonder what could be the cause of the sharp decrease in beneficial posts. Could it be due to reps no longer being an incentive to make beneficial posts?

    I have not seen many beneficial posts lately. Most users prefer to troll over making beneficial posts.
    There was once a time when practically every post was a beneficial post.

    Why are there no beneficial posts now?

    Ah! I forgot to add my poll.

    Fail. Epic fail. I can’t even. Loooool.

  • #2
    Speak for yourself. You go around the forum and talk nonsense and insult people like you did with Laila calling her hobbies stupid. What was beneficial with that? What do YOU bring to the table that people can benefit from besides lame cracks at people.
    "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Musbah View Post
      Speak for yourself. You go around the forum and talk nonsense and insult people like you did with Laila calling her hobbies stupid. What was beneficial with that? What do YOU bring to the table that people can benefit from besides lame cracks at people.
      It must be the lack of reps. I am sure it is.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Morose View Post
        I wonder what could be the cause of the sharp decrease in beneficial posts. Could it be due to reps no longer being an incentive to make beneficial posts?

        I have not seen many beneficial posts lately. Most users prefer to troll over making beneficial posts.
        There was once a time when practically every post was a beneficial post.

        Why are there no beneficial posts now?

        Ah! I forgot to add my poll.

        Fail. Epic fail. I can’t even. Loooool.
        Whats the point of wasting posts on an islamic forum... if you want to troll, go on FB or a secular forum. Honestly, your efforts could be on posting dawah or islamically informative content.
        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

        And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


        أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

        Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


        Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

        Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

          Whats the point of wasting posts on an islamic forum... if you want to troll, go on FB or a secular forum. Honestly, your efforts could be on posting dawah or islamically informative content.
          True say. I’ll give it some thought.

          Comment


          • #6
            May Allah make things easy for you. Ameen

            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

            So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

            Comment


            • #7
              *benefishall

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Morose View Post
                I wonder what could be the cause of the sharp decrease in beneficial posts. Could it be due to reps no longer being an incentive to make beneficial posts?

                I have not seen many beneficial posts lately. Most users prefer to troll over making beneficial posts.
                There was once a time when practically every post was a beneficial post.

                Why are there no beneficial posts now?

                Ah! I forgot to add my poll.

                Fail. Epic fail. I can’t even. Loooool.
                Son.

                It seems RAS has cast a cloud of fear on the forum. Seeing how random banter between the genders and chit-chat threads made up most of the posts on the forum back in the day, without that, the forum seems dead.

                Comment


                • #9
                  yea i think its because of many reasons but reps defo have to be one of the main reasons for the decline in beneficial posts

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Morose View Post
                    ...Could it be due to reps no longer being an incentive to make beneficial posts?...
                    I'd like to see a study on the correlation between reps and quality posts.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

                      I'd like to see a study on the correlation between reps and quality posts.
                      I have just the research strategy to conduct this study.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Morose View Post

                        I have just the research strategy to conduct this study.
                        Splendid.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Interesting
                          Allah Subḥānahu wa-taʿālā has mentioned in the Quran in chapter Surah Al-Ahzab:21 There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X