Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a recent revert to Islam - how should I study Islam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a recent revert to Islam - how should I study Islam?

Which one of these along with Quran should I focus on before I find myself confused?
    Sunni hadiths only
    0%
    Shiite hadiths only
    0%
    Sunni and Shiite hadiths only
    0%
    Sunni hadiths along with hadith sciences only
    0%
    Sunni hadiths along with hadiths sciences and Quranic heurmeunetics/commentary
    100.00%
    Shiite hadiths along with hadith sciences only
    0%
    Shiite hadiths along with hadith sciences and Quranic heurmeunetics/commentary
    0%
    Hadiths of all sects and all their sciences of hadiths and religion sciences.
    0%
    Just study Quran (no hadiths needed to be studied)
    0%
    Find the current guide chosen by God and let him teach you.
    0%
    All hadiths but verify everything with Quran and use hadiths only as insight.
    0%

Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

welcome to Islam lol that's quite the poll but I understand because I remember how confusing it was when I first became Muslim

firstly Shia hadeeth are lies slander and fairy tales dont waste your time. They are a deviant sect who worship their imams when the teachings of Islam clearly show none has the right to be worshipped except Allah

dont make this complicated for yourself Islam is simple. Sunni means the one who follows the sunnah of the messenger of Allah sallaho alayhi wa sallam. We were given this name to distinguish between us and the deviant groups that broke away from the main body of muslims like the Shia and the khwarij

in Islam we follow the Quran and authentic hadiths

Islamic online university offers a free online course for new muslims to teach the basics of Islam. Let me know if you are interested and I'll find the link

I do a bit of work with new muslims feel free to hit me up in a PM and I'll give you my details
    Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
      firstly Shia hadeeth are lies slander and fairy tales dont waste your time. They are a deviant sect who worship their imams when the teachings of Islam clearly show none has the right to be worshipped except Allah
      Salam

I'm not saying this is not true, and to me it seems all Muslims are worshiping their scholars (I am honestly of this opinion right now but maybe be wrong), but suppose this is true, how am I supposed to know that? You are not appointed by God, so you have claimed something. It may or may not be true.

What you are not understanding, is that my poll was very calculative. I so far don't go to any Mosque, because I haven't yet bought into a group. No group has presented proofs they are guided in all matters and are reliable.

Regarding Quran I find it warns:

1) There is a sorcery.
      2) We can become blind to most of it as a result like children of Israel became blind to the Torah.

The hadiths from what I understand, they can help gain insight to it, and manifest it's clear bright signs.

Suppose Shiites have proofs from Quran and their hadiths quote it or interpret in a way that proves their case. How would I know?

The Quran from what I know quotes "say" to Mohammad with exact number as "they say" and quotes people and disbelievers as much it commands Mohammad with "qul". This is one of the miracles of Quran.

That said, right now, I don't know the proper way to study Islam. I don't know if even I should be on these forums, or I should be praying to God to guide me to a Masterful guide appointed by him to guide me.

I honestly don't know the way forward to unite the people. It seems we have all delegated the authority of the Prophet to scholars we choose by our whims and attribute purity and righteousness to, while Quran forbid anyone to claim that mantle or for people to give it to people without proof from God as it's God who attributes purity to who he please.

Thank you for your answer. I hope I have not offended you. I am Muslim I hope, but feel distanced to all Muslims, by the way they don't rationalize and teach a way forward to unite, but call to their sect. It has made me distant to the extent I don't participate in any activities with Muslims.

I want to find the right people, but, I so far just see people picking their leaders and holding on to whoever they want to by conjecture or if they have proofs, certainly, aren't presented them clearly but feels like building on conjecture.

I maybe be wrong. But I haven't seen any group with determination to refer dispute back to Allah (swt) and his guidance, but rather, calling to sectarian conjectures.

What is the way forward to unite on clear proofs and guidance? It's like everyone is satisfied with what they have "and every group exulting in what they are given" and treat others knowledge and perspectives as if unimportant.

I feel every sect emphasizes on some truths but mix it with falsehood, and down play the truths other sects emphasize on.

I for one, recognize I am not guided nor know the Shariah nor know all the creeds we have to unite on nor fully can represent what is important in Quran let a lone of Quran and Sunnah.

Yet it feels like every Muslims think they are guided or act like that, but, then just make claims with no proofs, while God forbid attributing to the religion anything without knowledge, and forbid attributing without proofs.

These three years I have studied so much of Islam (I know much is relative), yet the more I know, I feel there is an overwhelming clear ocean of light that I am just scratching the surface of.

Thank you for the discussion however, and I am sorry if I offended anyone with my words!

wa alaikom asalam wa rahmatallah wa barakatu
      Last edited by SmartOne; 02-11-18, 04:17 AM.

Comment

authentic hadiths
        From what I studied of hadith sciences - this is an ugly circle - I mean by that, it's circular reasoning.

To justify the righteous current scholars - you say they - they follow properly the righteous Salaf. But to do that, you follow the current ones, to know the righteous Salaf. And much of the quality of narrators has to do with the content they narrate. So if they narrate "strange" hadiths, they are said to be liars.

How would we know who is trustworthy narrator - by a standard of righteousness. What is that standard from? From hadiths they narrate, the hadiths determine what it means to be just and good.

The Quran was never interpreted without this circular reference with hadiths - salaf - scholars - and verification.

Even if we stop the circular reasoning and it was not ugly circle that is conjecture built on conjecture -> what is the justification for trustworthiness, what did they measure people memory by? How did they actually know who was truthful and liar?

Remember followers of Noah and all followers of Prophets almost were always accused of being vile and low. So how do we know this didn't happen again by society?

Society never been able to determine who is righteous and trustworthy, they saw two vile men as greater then Mohammad for example, and said "why didn't he reveal to one of the two great men?"

I am not convinced by sciences of Rijaal.

Perhaps there could have been an objective way to determine it, but the way it has been implemented, circular reasoning and aside from that no proofs, but just relying people telling you who is good and who is evil with no proof.

That said, I believe we need hadiths. Quran only is suicide!
        Last edited by SmartOne; 02-11-18, 04:59 AM.

Comment

I am sincerely looking for a way forward. Right now I believe the following is true:

Quran somehow, we don't know or can't even explain how, contains all matters of guidance (1)
          Mohammad (s) was revealed the reminder so he can manifest it and explain it (2)
          Insights whether from hadiths or Quran are insights, but it happens to be, that Quran contains the Sunnah somehow in some way, and we can verify all Sunnah in Quran, though, the task may seem impossible at first, it's possible with higher reflection and with the Quran (3)
          Not only can insights be found in Quran, but all of Sunnah Insights and Code (Shariah) has clear proofs in Quran so that they can be explained and brought out. However, we need two fold proofs, (1) from Quran (Allah) (2) From the Sunnah (The Messenger), and if we refer all such matters back to this guidance, we will perceive, and we can clearly one we have that insight prove it via both the Quran and Sunnah and manifest the link between it by reasoning.(4)

This takes a lot of sincere effort. But I believe when Quran was being revealed, slowly, and there was few Meccan believers at a certain point, they use to council one another about the verses of Quran with the council of the Prophet.

This is such a key point. Their affair was not to dispute or just blindly follow the Prophet, but they council one another with respect to the council of Prophet with respect to Quranic verses. This enabled certainty in God's signs and enable them to see Quranic verses in a miracle way even while the Quran had very little bit of composition, that is, the verses didn't take on their form right now with respect to how they are in the Surahs and how they are with the whole book.

We need the courage of the blessed early believers and of the enlightened people of Yathrib, we need to become a global enlightened people by their method.

They received with attentive ears.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartOne View Post
            From what I studied of hadith sciences...
            -_-

Comment

Originally posted by SmartOne View Post
              Which one of these along with Quran should I focus on before I find myself confused?
              also with scholars, but do not be 100% blinded

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

-_-
                It's far worse from what I read actually then I explained. My assessment was giving the benefit of the doubt science of Rijaal had some sincerity to the truth, but from what I research, Khawarij were trusted over Shiites over all (Some exceptions), despite the hadiths from the Prophet whoever loves Ali is a believer and whoever hates him is a hypocrite.

Khawarij were trusted because it was their creed that if you sinned major sins you were outside of Islam. But Quran talks about conspiracy in the past to the present to the future, and there is no reason to trust such vile people to be truthful but rather the chaos they caused, shows, Quran didn't go inside of them, let alone for them to be trustworthy people to depend on for the Sunnah.

Ibn Hajjar I believe wrote a book about the tragedy of Imel Rijaal (science of men) favoring haters of Ali and his family over their lovers and supporters.

Comment

It's impossible to really study any of those topics in any language other than Arabic.

By the time you're finished learning Arabic, you'll be a lot smarter than to ask such a question, In Sha' Allah.

Comment

So you criticize the science of hadith for being unreliable but have no problem quoting from kafi

lol.
                    Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

Comment

I search for insights, haters gonna hate, reputation is in the hands of Iblis in this world unfortunately, and "will we believe you (O Noah) and the lowest follow you?"

Comment

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/li...lamic-sciences

Comment

User is Shia progression of his posts show taqqiyah

Comment

User is Shia progression of his posts show taqqiyah
                            Do you know the difference between deception and Taqiyah? I did neither, but if anything, accuse me of the former, for the latter serves no purpose for this circumstance.

Comment

Working...
                            X