Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Brothers and Sisters, I need your help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Brothers and Sisters, I need your help!

I'm a final year student at the University of Aberdeen currently working on my undergraduate dissertation in International Relations & Religious Studies. For my research I am doing a survey about young Muslims' opinions on the Shari'a in the UK and how it relates to their religious identity.

If you are between 18-30 years old, live in the UK and have about five minutes to spare I would be very grateful if you could take part in my short survey at https://s.surveyplanet.com/Qpj2dpeaY. All responses are confidential and anonymous. If you have any questions you can contact me here via PM or via the email provided in the survey.

Thank you!

Bait thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
      Bait thread!
      u think so?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

u think so?
        I do too, we had fishy threads like this before.

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by toyhtis View Post
          I'm a final year student at the University of Aberdeen currently working on my undergraduate dissertation in International Relations & Religious Studies. For my research I am doing a survey about young Muslims' opinions on the Shari'a in the UK and how it relates to their religious identity.

If you are between 18-30 years old, live in the UK and have about five minutes to spare I would be very grateful if you could take part in my short survey at https://s.surveyplanet.com/Qpj2dpeaY. All responses are confidential and anonymous. If you have any questions you can contact me here via PM or via the email provided in the survey.

Thank you!
          Link doesn't work, and considering the belief in the Shariah is integral to Islam, what exactly are you trying to establish?

How many hypocrites vs believers?

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post

Link doesn't work, and considering the belief in the Shariah is integral to Islam, what exactly are you trying to establish?

How many hypocrites vs believers?
            Don't know why the link isn't working for some people, everything is fine at my end and I have also had some responses from here, but you can try this alternative link https://tinyurl.com/y758ngn9.

What the survey is about is not whether or not they support the Shari'a as a part of Islam, rather if they feel that Shari'a should be made a legally binding system in the UK, which is not a Muslim-majority country. The questions take into consideration different aspects of the Shari'a from marriage/divorce, all the way to implementing criminal law or a ban on alcohol. So it is not to research whether Muslims find Shari'a to be integral to Islam (which it is) but rather how they feel it should function in a Western setting.

For those who suspect this to be a bait thread, the survey link also provides you with an Information Sheet about the research as well as contact details to the people running the survey through university emails. I can guarantee you this is part of my undergraduate dissertation at UoA.
            Last edited by toyhtis; 08-10-18, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Don't know why the link isn't working for some people, everything is fine at my end and I have also had some responses from here, but you can try this alternative link https://tinyurl.com/y758ngn9.

What the survey is about is not whether or not they support the Shari'a as a part of Islam, rather if they feel that Shari'a should be made a legally binding system in the UK, which is not a Muslim-majority country. The questions take into consideration different aspects of the Shari'a from marriage/divorce, all the way to implementing criminal law or a ban on alcohol. So it is not to research whether Muslims find Shari'a to be integral to Islam (which it is) but rather how they feel it should function in a Western setting.

For those who suspect this to be a bait thread, the survey link also provides you with an Information Sheet about the research as well as contact details to the people running the survey through university emails. I can guarantee you this is part of my undergraduate dissertation at UoA.
              A Muslim by definition, supports the Shariah of Allah عز و جل

So unless you are trying to create a Tally of Hypocrites vs Believers in Islam, or trying to fuel Islamophobia I don't see any beneficial reason for this.

Comment

A Muslim by definition, supports the Shariah of Allah عز و جل

So unless you are trying to create a Tally of Hypocrites vs Believers in Islam, or trying to fuel Islamophobia I don't see any beneficial reason for this.
                As an academic, I can not make judgement on whether someone is a hypocrite or not in my research. I can however compare how religious an individual says they are, and compare that to their opinions. I am not here to make moral judgements, even if I personally disagree with a response I receive.

My research is not to fuel Islamophobia; more so to reduce it. My research compares opinions of the participants to the wider media discourse of the position of Islam in the United Kingdom. The media paints Islam and Shari'a as a threat to the United Kingdom and 'Britishness', and there are massive amounts of misinformation and hostility towards it. My dissertation seeks to prove that many aspects of Shari'a are already legal or could easily be compatible with British law. Even though Shari'a courts are legal in the UK they do not have actual jurisdiction, for example in terms of marriage. This makes Islamic weddings unequal to Christian and Jewish weddings, where a couple can become legally married in a religious ceremony. Muslim couples also require a civil marriage in addition to nikah.

So all in all I seek to dispel the negative attitudes and poor information the general public have about Islam and the Shari'a, and through that create a better position for Shari'a in the UK.
                I would also like to emphasize that this is only an undergraduate dissertation, not a published piece of research.
                Last edited by toyhtis; 08-10-18, 12:11 PM.

Comment

people think your a jasus

Comment

As an academic, I can not make judgement on whether someone is a hypocrite or not in my research. I can however compare how religious an individual says they are, and compare that to their opinions. I am not here to make moral judgements, even if I personally disagree with a response I receive.

My research is not to fuel Islamophobia; more so to reduce it. My research compares opinions of the participants to the wider media discourse of the position of Islam in the United Kingdom. The media paints Islam and Shari'a as a threat to the United Kingdom and 'Britishness', and there are massive amounts of misinformation and hostility towards it. My dissertation seeks to prove that many aspects of Shari'a are already legal or could easily be compatible with British law. Even though Shari'a courts are legal in the UK they do not have actual jurisdiction, for example in terms of marriage. This makes Islamic weddings unequal to Christian and Jewish weddings, where a couple can become legally married in a religious ceremony. Muslim couples also require a civil marriage in addition to nikah.

So all in all I seek to dispel the negative attitudes and poor information the general public have about Islam and the Shari'a, and through that create a better position for Shari'a in the UK.
                    I would also like to emphasize that this is only an undergraduate dissertation, not a published piece of research.
                    How can you compare Religious issues when you yourself are clueless about the deen?

This is like me doing a desertation on a medical issue questioning doctors when I'm clueless about medicine myself.

if morality is not your concern then your clearly baiting here,

The Shariah is based on Justice.

Comment

How can you compare Religious issues when you yourself are clueless about the deen?

This is like me doing a desertation on a medical issue questioning doctors when I'm clueless about medicine myself.

if morality is not your concern then your clearly baiting here,

The Shariah is based on Justice.
                      As the original post states I am soon graduating with a joint Master of Arts in Religious Studies with a focus on Islam. However, if you object to the study you don't have to take part. Arguing is no benefit to either of us. Your opinion is your own, I have already received multiple responses from others with opinions that differs from yours. If you would like your opinion to be taken into consideration in the survey I hope you take part. It includes a portion where you can freely type in your own opinion on the matter.

Please refrain from judgement, that is for Allah (swt) to make
                      Last edited by toyhtis; 08-10-18, 11:10 PM.

Comment

As the original post states I am soon graduating with a joint Master of Arts in Religious Studies with a focus on Islam. However, if you object to the study you don't have to take part. Arguing is no benefit to either of us. Your opinion is your own, I have already received multiple responses from others with opinions that differs from yours. If you would like your opinion to be taken into consideration in the survey I hope you take part. It includes a portion where you can freely type in your own opinion on the matter.

Please refrain from judgement, that is for Allah (swt) to make
                        Do you know that a Muslim cannot reject the Shariah?

We judge by the apparent in Islam,

Comment

Working...
                        X