Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do brothers really want a second (or third) wife (brothers only)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

I'm a sister. And it seems immodest to be talking about physical intimacy, so casually between the genders.
    I'm sorry. I came to the faith jaded (to say the least) and I still don't know how to act around brothers, or how to act modest at all (It wasn't really taught in my family). I still have trouble not looking a man in the eye (I am working on that though).

Comment

Originally posted by ELM View Post

I'm sorry. I came to the faith jaded (to say the least) and I still don't know how to act around brothers, or how to act modest at all (It wasn't really taught in my family). I still have trouble not looking a man in the eye (I am working on that though).
      It's okay sister. I admit - it can be hard.

Comment

i dont understand either

maybe its a case of "really wanting something but nagging when it happens"

idk though
        "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
        me - 2017

Comment

Originally posted by ELM View Post

You miss my point. I didn't say that the physical shouldn't be a factor in it at all (most men aren't that pious). I'm just saying if it's the only or main factor then I would not support it because he's getting married again just so he can have a different woman and probably not thinking about the fact that he is adding a huge burden onto himself and whether or not he can be fair to both as the Quran says.

If you read another one of my posts I did say I was open to the idea Insha Allah, but only if it was a combination of reasons and the physical not being the first one.

Is there a problem if it keeps the man from having Haraam relationships and helps him to lower his gaze?

If he isn't fulfilling the condition laid down by Allah عز و جل then there is a problem, however what's the problem if he treats both fairly ?
          ​​​​​​
          Remember the condition allah عز و جل mentioned?

​​​​​​​
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Working...
          X