Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of the below would you like to bring into your life first...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of the below would you like to bring into your life first...?

Bismillah-ir-Rahmaan-ir-Raheem

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.

Just a small poll...

Which of the below would you like to bring into your life first so that it becomes a deeply ingrained habit / Character trait, inshaaAllah?

I would like...

1) To regularly attempt to correct my intention so that it is for only Allah Ta'aalaa when doing any good act.

2) To strive to constantly be in dhikr of Allah Ta'aalaa.

3) To be calm and unrushed in Salah with a heart that is engaged with Allah Ta'aalaa.

4) To be a person whose expressions, words and actions are characterized by Rahmah, one who tries to treat the creatures of Allah Ta'aalaa with Rahmah at every opportunity, seeking to be from the ones mentioned in the famous hadith as being treated with Rahmah by Al-Rahmaan for their Rahmah to those on earth.

5) To be a person whose tongue is pure, so that I speak only with the intent to do good - or remain silent, if not in dhikr.

6) To be a person who exerts him or herself to see to the happiness of their parents as much as is possible.

7) To regularly show my appreciation for those dear to me.

(Jazaa'akumullah Khair)
    46.15%
    15.38%
    15.38%
    7.69%
    15.38%
    0%
    0%
    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

I voted for Number 3. Focus seems to be lacking somewhat these days - and I feel like the action of praying is rushed.

Number 6 - Made a lot of sacrifices to please them - if they still don't like it, then nothing more I can do -_-

Comment

I can't decide. That is an excellent list Mashallah, everything on there is so essential.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUsernameIs... View Post
        I can't decide. That is an excellent list Mashallah, everything on there is so essential.
        It is an excellent list. It's difficult to complete too.

Makes us realise how flawed we are, and how we should constantly strive to improve our character In Sha Allaah.

Comment

Number 3, too.
          وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I had the thought some time ago of a group of us... those who would really like to try to inculcate these qualities in ourselves... To really aggressively post reminders to eachother (ie. In essence for ourselves primarily) for a number of days, mutiple times a day if we wished... For a certain number of days.

I know we have 40 days mentioned by some scholars in relation to forming habits, but I don't believe there is anything directly mentioned in the sunnah on it.
            ​​​​​​
            I thought we could possibly set the number of days for ourselves individually in our own minds... 3, 7, 10, 30, 40, etc, etc... So as to avoid the controversy of bid'ah that does arise sometimes in such things.
            (Ml Darul Ilm ?)

Together with reminding one another in this way and regularly making Du'aa to acquire a habit/trait for ourselves and the others trying like ourselves, it might give us some extra impetus and focus, bi-idhnillahi Ta'aalaa. At the very least we will have strived (inshaaAllah) for the sake of Allah, even if a particularly quality isn't acquired.

​​​​​​​Sr @lailathemuslim
            ​​​​​​​Sr @indefinable
            Br @myusernameis
            ​​​​​​​br Eesa the kiwi

And anyone else.

​​​​​​
            if we wanted to keep ourselves anonymous we could post on a separate blog under another username and I would repost the posts on here, inshaaAllah...

?
            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
            "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)

Comment

I've been working on 3 and 5 for some time now.

I think I'm definitely getting better at praying and I have been working on keeping my tongue pure but I think that one still needs some fine-tuning. I do think I only speak to do good, I can't even imagine myself saying something with bad intent to someone. But I find that I can be a little tone deaf sometimes and say every single thing that pops into my head without thinking about it. I am making an active effort to remain silent when needed and to not say unnecessary things or get into useless arguments that don't benefit anyone. Its gotten much better in the past few months I think, but it's still a work in progress.

Comment

MaashaaAllah. Alhamdulillah.
                May Allah Ta'aalaa enable sister to continue to progress, and May He grant us all tawfeeq likewise.

I know I used to be a lot more careful with my words in the past. It seems I've regressed a lot. Although it isn't so much causing offence through speech, backbiting, etc, alhamdulillah, by His Kindness, those kinds of things I think I've been able to avoid (I hope) for a while now... I find myself just talking a lot more than I feel I ought to be, joking around, general chatter, etc.

Although there is some good in those things, I know for sure being conservative in speech is something that has so much goodness. It really strengthens us internally, especially in nurturing and maintaining the consciousness of Allah Ta'aalaa within ourselves and the sense of nearness to Him.
                LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Brother Fakhri,

Sorry, just saw the above post now. I didn't receive a mention notification.

I'd be up for this In Sha Allaah if a few more people are too. Especially since the month of Ramadhaan is nearly upon us. Alhamdulillaah.
                  Last edited by Indefinable; 24-04-18, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                    I had the thought some time ago of a group of us... those who would really like to try to inculcate these qualities in ourselves... To really aggressively post reminders to eachother (ie. In essence for ourselves primarily) for a number of days, mutiple times a day if we wished... For a certain number of days.

I know we have 40 days mentioned by some scholars in relation to forming habits, but I don't believe there is anything directly mentioned in the sunnah on it.
                    ​​​​​​
                    I thought we could possibly set the number of days for ourselves individually in our own minds... 3, 7, 10, 30, 40, etc, etc... So as to avoid the controversy of bid'ah that does arise sometimes in such things.
                    (Ml Darul Ilm ?)

Together with reminding one another in this way and regularly making Du'aa to acquire a habit/trait for ourselves and the others trying like ourselves, it might give us some extra impetus and focus, bi-idhnillahi Ta'aalaa. At the very least we will have strived (inshaaAllah) for the sake of Allah, even if a particularly quality isn't acquired.

​​​​​​​Sr @lailathemuslim
                    ​​​​​​​Sr @indefinable
                    Br @myusernameis
                    ​​​​​​​br Eesa the kiwi

And anyone else.

​​​​​​
                    if we wanted to keep ourselves anonymous we could post on a separate blog under another username and I would repost the posts on here, inshaaAllah...

?

Comment

Does sister have any suggestions as to how we might all go about it? All focus on the same thing? Leave it up to ourselves to decide? Start a new thread for each thing?

There is the 'Reminder to the Self..." Thread that could be used.
                      ​​​https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/li...one-else/page5

We haven't really had anyone mention that they'd be interested to take part other than sister's self, so...

Sr @lailathemuslim
                      ​​​​​Br @myusernameis
                      ​​​​​​​Br eesa the kiwi
                      ​​​​​​Sr aelmo Br muslim Thinker
                      Br @mihajir12
                      Br @Toska
                      ​​​​​​​...?

And anyone else...

​​​​​​​If there aren't others too keen on the idea, I think I may just go ahead myself, inshaaAllah. There is something very special, though, about knowing that we are trying to achieve something together and encouraging one another for the sake of Allah Ta'aalaa. But Alhamdulillah.
                      LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

Yes, want to partake in this. Need help focusing in my salaat. Jazakallah Khair
                        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                          Does sister have any suggestions as to how we might all go about it? All focus on the same thing? Leave it up to ourselves to decide? Start a new thread for each thing?

​​​​​​​If there aren't others too keen on the idea, I think I may just go ahead myself, inshaaAllah. There is something very special, though, about knowing that we are trying to achieve something together and encouraging one another for the sake of Allah Ta'aalaa. But Alhamdulillah.
                          I'm in. You can add reminders to the other thread or create a new one focusing solely on the actions mentioned in the original post.

And you are right. There's nothing more beautiful than the Believers coming together for the remembrance of their Creator and drawing closer to Him.

Comment

Sure I'll do it. I'll make a thread about it

Comment

no option for: to enslave the whole of humanity ?

:(

well if i had to choose, i will go for 5
                              "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
                              me - 2017

Comment

Working...
                              X