X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does Skin Colour Matter?????

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    Explanation?
    I only find myself attracted to dark skinned men ...that's it really, thats the only reason lol

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
      I think you're talking about vitiligo
      There was one person I saw with that skin condition and appearance wise I thought he was good looking

For me it's more to do with the overall face, not the skin colour

Had to be Bengali as this was my parents choice and much easier to adjust with certain things
      'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I guess having a preference and considering one skin colour better than another are two seperate issues.

Comment

Funny how you can't even have a marry someone you find attractive nowadays because it's apparently some deeply rooted hidden 'racism' inside you that has been culminating since your childhood due to your upbringing, surroundings, culture etc.

Which is why you need to marry against someone you don't find attractive against your will to prove to the world that you are not 'racist'.

Another reason why I don't take people who casually throw around the word 'racist' seriously.
          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post

Funny how you can't even have a marry someone you find attractive nowadays because it's apparently some deeply rooted hidden 'racism' inside you that has been culminating since your childhood due to your upbringing, surroundings, culture etc.

Which is why you need to marry against someone you don't find attractive against your will to prove to the world that you are not 'racist'.

Another reason why I don't take people who casually throw around the word 'racist' seriously.
            Agreed.

Of course skin colour/preference matters. Isn't skin colour the same as height/weight/hair colour etc?

Comment

LinkDeutscher at it again! I agree, just cuz u dont find a person attractive doesnt mean said person is ugly. Isnt racism believing a race is better than another race. Or hating the fact that one is this race or that?

Attraction or unattraction has nothing to do with racism.
              La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
              (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
              Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

It's called preference.... People feel attracted to different stuff.
                "Racism" lol. Get real people...

People even say countries do not matter and if you prefer a certain country then you're "racist". if you don't pick based on other peoples opinion then you'll be seen as racist. you're racist either way. your existence will be seen as racist because everyone thinks everything is racist.

People like different stuff. period

Comment

what do you all think of the following thread:

https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa...too-high/page8

some are saying it's preference, others are saying it's racism

can't quote the three posts above me
                  Last edited by Ya'sin; 30-01-18, 11:30 PM.
                  'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                    Does Skin Colour Matter?????

I'm more attracted to fair skin, but it's not that big a deal.
                    that's still strange because on the other thread you are saying having one preference (ethnicity) is questionable

so why is it you're more attracted to 'fair' skin? what's special about the skin colour that makes it more appealing?

isn't that odd? it would contradict with what you recently said

I prefer Bengali men but they come in a variety of shades, black, brown, yellow, light brown etc...as long as the face is attractive to me or there's some mutual attraction

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

that's still strange because on the other thread you are saying having one preference (ethnicity) is questionable

so why is it you're more attracted to 'fair' skin? what's special about the skin colour that makes it more appealing?

isn't that odd? it would contradict with what you recently said

I prefer Bengali men but they come in a variety of shades, black, brown, yellow, light brown etc...as long as the face is attractive to me or there's some mutual attraction
                      Fair skin isn't restricted to a single ethnicity.

As to why, no real reason; I'm just more attracted to it. But like I said, it's not really a huge factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Agreed.

Of course skin colour/preference matters. Isn't skin colour the same as height/weight/hair colour etc?

that's a good question, i'm not sure

but, you could be accused of being a racist, (not by me, but some people may interpret it that way)

how do you feel about that?

Comment

Skin color shouldn't matter if the potential spouse is righteous. Buy my preference is for bronze skin tone.
                          The Prophet s.a.a.w warned when he said: "You will surely follow the ways of those who came before you, in exactly the same fashion, to the point were they to enter the hole of a lizard, you too would enter it." It was asked of him, "O Messenger of Allah s.a.a.w., do you mean the Jews and Christians?" He replied, "Who else?" (Bukhari and Muslim)

Comment

One thing I don't understand is how singletons have this very specific 'type' that they are attracted to or specific things like skin tones they like. How did you develop such 'tastes' in the first place? It's disturbing when they know exactly what they want in a spouse physically down to the last detail. Something is off.

The beauty of an islamic society in which everyone is covered, no skin colour praised above others, no women or men to gaze at, is that high requirements in terms of looks and all these preferences would be a lot less.

Prefer what you want. But you're not likely to prefer something that you have been brainwashed to believe is inferior. Preferences don't come out of thin air. Preferences have a lot to do with what you gaze at and what you hear and what is seen as the preferred colour or shape or race in your environment. Most humans are sheep, they follow the crowd. Being thin used to be desired once, now being more shapely is the trend. Some things are natural, simple, general, like women preferring taller men, some things are not.
                            Last edited by Rumaysah~; 31-01-18, 08:34 AM.
                            شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                            فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                            وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                            ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
                              Skin color shouldn't matter if the potential spouse is righteous. Buy my preference is for bronze skin tone.
                              No one is saying skin colour supersedes religiosity - it's about preference.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

that's a good question, i'm not sure

but, you could be accused of being a racist, (not by me, but some people may interpret it that way)

how do you feel about that?
                                Meh.

Comment

Working...
                                X