Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does Skin Colour Matter?????

Originally posted by $HugoBoss$ View Post
    Well does it matter to you because a lot of muslim brothers these days want to marry muslim girls with very fair skin which i think is wrong. Most of you will say it doesn't matter as long as he/she is pious with a positive character and thats how it should be but if there were two identical girls/guys one light skin and the other dark skin would you close your eyes and pick one or say skin colour doesn't matter but if i had to choose it would be ________
    Are we supposed to fill in the blanks lol
    i dont think i will ever be in this kind of situation
    and if i were i wouldnt base my decisions on their skin color
    you gotta look beyond the skin to see the person true:)

I was talking with my cousin today and she got a marriage proposal and she rejected the guy because he was to dark skinned because she's white like a ghost. I asked her is that not being biased??? She's like skin colour doesn't matter to me it's just my personal preference i was like :scratch: She's dumb thats all i can say about her.

I don't want to offend anyone it's just a thought...........
    Umm i think it's a preference thing
    it's just who she is, it;s not a good thing but
    she cant be with someone who her heart objects.
    It's not good to judge people though, talk to her.
    We plan and Allah is planning for us too, you dont know who you will end up with.

it doesn't matter and it shouldnt matter as long as he is pious with a positive character:)

assalamu aleikum
    A.
    Last edited by AnZ4evaiA; 22-04-07, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tax-Man View Post
      I guess some people are idiots, Also being somali I can tell you the reason why it's not the skin colour it's age old racism and a mix of tribalism.
      I don't think that Somalis are racist. Somalis DO consider themselves black. It doesn't matter what they are mixed with- they are still black. So there should be no reason for a Somali to not marry a black person from another background

The younger generation of Somalis are not as tribalistic/clanistic (if that's even a word lol) as their parents, grandparents, great grandparent.........

I would marry a Somali from a different clan to mine. Divisions are caused by shaitan- we are all one people. The sad thing is that most Somalis have a bit of every clan in them but they cling on to their father's clan only. I have Dulbahante (Darrod) , Isaaq and Majeertain (Darood) in me personally and many many many other clans as well-too many to list. So I'm getting :zzz: of all of this.

Comment

This thread should be closed because it all depends on the personal preference of the individual. Black, white, light or dark. It doesn't matter.
        If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-El View Post
          This thread should be closed because it all depends on the personal preference of the individual. Black, white, light or dark. It doesn't matter.
          :salams

or yellow or purple :( or green :D or blue
          ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
          "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
          :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

You planning to marry a Teletubbie?
            If you read this closely enough you might spot the secret message hidden in it

Mr President, You Are Wrong

Comment

If some one still has problem with skin colour let them take their Shikwa to God ......
              By the Time! Man is surely in loss, except those who believed and did good works, and exhorted one another to Truth, and exhorted one another to patience.

Comment

:rotfl:
                "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
                Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

:salams

looool oh and red ....but no there are so many colours in the rainbow and i love every one :D anyway people are always changing colour so colour shouldnt really ever matter... and if it does all u need to do is by some rose coloured glasses and ul see everything in a wonderful tinge of pink :D :inlove:
                  ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                  "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                  :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

It is funny how people act like their skin color is some sort of an accomplishment.

"Ughhh excuse me brother/Sister, how many years did you put in to coming out that color?"

It's funny the way some people either treat those of a different color as if they are better or those of a 'preferred' color act as if it is some major accomplishment being a 'preferred' color.

Comment

Does Skin Colour Matter?
                      it does, but it shouldnt:up:

Comment

Asalaam Alaikum

Here I think it's personal preference.
                        There is no colour divide in Islam...we all know that, however you also have to be attracted to the person you are going to marry.
                        I prefer men with dark hair for instance, not that I am saying fair haired men are unattractive...just not my preferance.

Yes, we need to look at the deen and their commitment in faith, but this is the person you are going to spend the rest of your life with Insha Allah, so being attracted is also a part.
                        'Verily, never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change themselves.'
                        (al-Ra'd, 13:11)

Comment

Originally posted by aisha2007 View Post
                          Asalaam Alaikum

Here I think it's personal preference.
                          There is no colour divide in Islam...we all know that, however you also have to be attracted to the person you are going to marry.
                          I prefer men with dark hair for instance, not that I am saying fair haired men are unattractive...just not my preferance.

Yes, we need to look at the deen and their commitment in faith, but this is the person you are going to spend the rest of your life with Insha Allah, so being attracted is also a part.
                          ( ya ukhti dont worry about the hair colour,just go for the deen cos they usually all go bald in the end :p )

and nothing wrong with that at all brothers so fret not as Umar ibn al khattab was bald too masha Allah so youre in the very best of company there masha Allah :up:
                          Last edited by *asiya*; 03-09-07, 12:56 AM.
                          "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Normally I'm not fussed about colour but I do draw the line at green or purple

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                              ( ya ukhti dont worry about the hair colour,just go for the deen cos they usually all go bald in the end :p )
                              :rotfl:

Some guys suit being bald mashallah.
                              Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

"Healthy" is beautiful, no matter what the color. IMHO a healthy looking person is a good looking person.
                                "A certain heathen came to Shammai and said to him, "Make me a proselyte, on condition that you teach me the whole Torah in the time I can stand on one foot." Thereupon he repulsed him with the rod which was in his hand. When he went to Hillel, Hillel said to him, 'What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor: that is the whole Torah; all the rest of it is commentary; go and learn." (Talmud, Shabbat 31a)

Comment

Working...
                                X