Desktop or Laptop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop or Laptop?

Which one do you use and which one do you prefer?
    I think get more out of a desktop than a laptop. And laptops are more expensive and harder to fix.

This is not a hate thread, I just want to know what kind of arguments you have for/against them

Desktop or Laptop?

I use laptop

But desktop gaming rig is better

They are more powerful and cheaper

Only downside is the space and bulkiness and lack of portability

Comment

Desktop or Laptop?

My phone
      إقراء القران فإنه يأتي يوم القيامة شفيعا لأصحابه

Comment

Desktop or Laptop?

What iphone you have?

I have iphone too

Comment

Desktop or Laptop?

What iPhone do you have ?

Comment

Desktop or Laptop?

Iphone se

Comment

Desktop or Laptop?

Ma Sha Allah Allahuma barik

Comment

Re: Desktop or Laptop?

As for myself, I use a gaming rig. It can handle the most heavy programs and games I use. And also, I can upgrade it whenever I want.

Had a gaming laptop before. After 3 years of heavy usage, It couldn't even run minecraft properly :D
                I had a nice time with it. RIP lenovo thinkpad

Comment

Salam ,
                  i use an old computer (atx case) and lately i think that big computers are better than laptops, what is wrong with your laptop thinkpad, i have heard they are quite good :)

Comment

All the deskops I had were crazy slow.I dont know why but they become so slow.I have a laptop now,whom I love.I even named this guy,hes a crappy laptop but never failed me :D..If I get married though Id love to have 2 super OP gaming pc,with something like logitech g27,flying set too and those hidraulic gaming seats. All would cost 5000-10000 euros but thats a childhood dream
                    ┏╮╭┓╭━━━━━━╮
                    ╰╮╭╯┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
                    ┃╰━╯┈┈╰╯┈┈┈┃
                    ┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╰━┫

Comment

Desktop or Laptop?

[MENTION=142444]Aetos[/MENTION]

:rofl1:

My laptop’s name is Jennifer. :love:

I upgraded jennifer’s sshd to a samsung 850 evo ssd. Now i love her even more
                      Last edited by Faith reloaded; 06-11-17, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan40123 View Post
                        Salam ,
                        i use an old computer (atx case) and lately i think that big computers are better than laptops, what is wrong with your laptop thinkpad, i have heard they are quite good :)
                        It got quite old. And I didn't give it time to breathe cuz I used it every single day.
                        Video editing softwares (Adobe products) and games requiring high end specs tore the pc apart. One day the screen just turned black and the laptop did not start at all. That's one awful way to end a laptops life lol. So I had to get a new one. A real gaming setup. If something gets old, I can just replace the part. convenient and easy :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Aetos View Post
                          All the deskops I had were crazy slow.I dont know why but they become so slow.I have a laptop now,whom I love.I even named this guy,hes a crappy laptop but never failed me :D..If I get married though Id love to have 2 super OP gaming pc,with something like logitech g27,flying set too and those hidraulic gaming seats. All would cost 5000-10000 euros but thats a childhood dream
                          If all of your desktops belonged to "Dell" then I can get why they were crappy lol. I hate Dell, they are so bad haha.

Why don't you build one? Best way to save money and still get a decent pc is to build. If you can't build, order the parts and let someone else build it for you. i5 cpu is enough for a decent pc for gaming. Just don't forget to buy the Nvidia gtx titan Z. Just order, don't look at the price! trust me, they are not expensive

My pc alone without monitor or other stuff costs over 2000 euro. I worked 3 whole months just to be able to buy it, then I left the job. I am so crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Faith reloaded View Post
                            [MENTION=142444]Aetos[/MENTION]

:rofl1:

My laptop’s name is Jennifer. :love:

I upgraded jennifer’s sshd to a samsung 850 evo ssd. Now i love her even more
                            When you get married change it to Johny Ferry,or she will crush it with a bulldozer :D.I am such a narcissist,I named it after myself ...

Originally posted by P1RAT3N View Post
                            If all of your desktops belonged to "Dell" then I can get why they were crappy lol. I hate Dell, they are so bad haha.

Why don't you build one? Best way to save money and still get a decent pc is to build. If you can't build, order the parts and let someone else build it for you. i5 cpu is enough for a decent pc for gaming. Just don't forget to buy the Nvidia gtx titan Z. Just order, don't look at the price! trust me, they are not expensive

My pc alone without monitor or other stuff costs over 2000 euro. I worked 3 whole months just to be able to buy it, then I left the job. I am so crazy
                            lol tis country is broke here,no monies :P....But in shaa Allah I will leave soon.Then will just save the money to let her build it,I dont want to her to blame me when it cant even open tetris :P.Ohh so cheap,just 2 cents.Check this new game space engineers,ugh,I love it...There are even more crazy cases,I worked for only 5 days.These 5 days were just training,so I did the training and went hitchiking :P
                            ┏╮╭┓╭━━━━━━╮
                            ╰╮╭╯┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
                            ┃╰━╯┈┈╰╯┈┈┈┃
                            ┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╰━┫

Comment

lately im interested in computers, if i get the chance i would work in a repair shop for pc . i have heard main problem with laptops is overheating that can cause severe damage to some or most of the components.

Comment

Working...
                              X