Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
    I'm referring to the build quality...plenty of metal very little plastic.
    Oh, like that, I thought you meant internal hardware. Yeah, Apple's products are pure quality. There's a fairly recent trend of Windows-based laptops being high-quality too. You have the XPS, Spectre x360, Surface and more, but it's just not the same as Apple.

Comment

Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
      Assalamu alaykum

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who owns one. I really, really like the rose gold Apple
      MacBook & I am considering purchasing it. I know it's expensive...

If anyone has an Apple Mac book how's it been for you? Worth it? I will be mainly using it for YouTube, browsing the net, eBaying, blogging

Ok I'll be honest. I only want it because of the colour. Is that really bad?
      Look sister, if you can afford it, go for it. We only live once, if we can afford something, without jeopardising our living standards then go for it. My University tutor still uses a MacBook Pro from 2007, and it has no issues. As we progress, technical developments are better. The OS is better too. Don't let these people say that you can get a Windows laptop with the same specs, for a lesser price. You can't, because there is no OS X.

Go for it. If you're a student, check out student pricing, i'd get a refurbished one from apple directly, check out the apple refurb store.

Comment

Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
        What are the specs of the macbook you're planning/hoping to get?

If it has an M or a Dual Core processor, I'd personally stay away from them.

Having said that, I'd still get an ultrabook.
        Find me an ultrabrook that can run OS X, which is a solid unix based os which is better than that dll hell windows, and i'll throw my mbp in the bin for it.

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
          Look sister, if you can afford it, go for it. We only live once, if we can afford something, without jeopardising our living standards then go for it. My University tutor still uses a MacBook Pro from 2007, and it has no issues. As we progress, technical developments are better. The OS is better too. Don't let these people say that you can get a Windows laptop with the same specs, for a lesser price. You can't, because there is no OS X.

Go for it. If you're a student, check out student pricing, i'd get a refurbished one from apple directly, check out the apple refurb store.
          Thanks, I shall definitely check out the apple refurb store wow I can't believe that your tutors MacBook is going strong ten years later, this is definitely encouraging!
          https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Definitely, it's worth it!

Comment

Working...
            X