Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Re: Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

    for APPLE MacBook 12" - Rose Gold

    OVERVIEW
    Type MacBook
    Operating system OS X El Capitan
    SPECIFICATION
    Processor - Intel® Core™ M Processor
    - Dual-core
    - 1.2 GHz / 2.6 GHz with Turbo Boost
    RAM 8 GB
    Storage 512 GB SSD
    SCREEN
    Touchscreen No
    Screen size 12"
    Screen type LED
    Resolution 2304 x 1440
    CONNECTIVITY
    Wireless 802.11 ac
    Ethernet No
    Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0
    USB USB-C x 1
    Video interface Via adapter (sold separately)
    Audio interface 3.5 mm jack
    MEDIA
    Optical disc drive No
    Memory card reader Via adapter (sold separately)
    SOUND
    Speakers Integrated stereo speakers
    FEATURES
    Camera Integrated FaceTime camera
    Microphone Yes
    Mouse / trackpad Force Touch trackpad
    Keyboard Full-size backlit keyboard
    POWER
    Battery type Lithium-polymer
    Battery life Up to 10 hours
    GENERAL
    Colour Rose Gold
    Box contents - Apple Macbook
    - AC power adapter
    - USB-C charging cable
    Dimensions 13.1 x 280 x 196 mm (H x W x D)
    Weight 0.92 kg
    Manufacturer’s guarantee 1 year

    With a £300 saving currently
    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

    Comment


      #17
      Re: Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

      It's expensive to repair, but other then that I think it's worth it..
      رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

      Comment


        #18
        Re: Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

        Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
        It's expensive to repair, but other then that I think it's worth it..
        Jazakallah khayr sis
        https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

        Comment


          #19
          Re: Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

          Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
          Jazakallah khayr sis
          Wa iyyaki..
          رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

          Comment


            #20
            Re: Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

            Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
            for APPLE MacBook 12" - Rose Gold

            OVERVIEW
            Type MacBook
            Operating system OS X El Capitan
            SPECIFICATION
            Processor - Intel® Core™ M Processor
            - Dual-core
            - 1.2 GHz / 2.6 GHz with Turbo Boost
            RAM 8 GB
            Storage 512 GB SSD
            SCREEN
            Touchscreen No
            Screen size 12"
            Screen type LED
            Resolution 2304 x 1440
            CONNECTIVITY
            Wireless 802.11 ac
            Ethernet No
            Bluetooth Bluetooth 4.0
            USB USB-C x 1
            Video interface Via adapter (sold separately)
            Audio interface 3.5 mm jack
            MEDIA
            Optical disc drive No
            Memory card reader Via adapter (sold separately)
            SOUND
            Speakers Integrated stereo speakers
            FEATURES
            Camera Integrated FaceTime camera
            Microphone Yes
            Mouse / trackpad Force Touch trackpad
            Keyboard Full-size backlit keyboard
            POWER
            Battery type Lithium-polymer
            Battery life Up to 10 hours
            GENERAL
            Colour Rose Gold
            Box contents - Apple Macbook
            - AC power adapter
            - USB-C charging cable
            Dimensions 13.1 x 280 x 196 mm (H x W x D)
            Weight 0.92 kg
            Manufacturer’s guarantee 1 year

            With a £300 saving currently
            An Intel Core M platform powers this machine, paired with 8 GB of RAM and various amounts of fast SSD storage. The Core M hardware is primarily designed to be efficient, not necessarily fast. That’s why the MacBook is a better option for those of you who don’t ask much from their laptops and mostly use them for browsing in a couple of tabs, watching movies, replying to emails, listening to music, and some light editing/writing.
            So for your intended use, it will work perfectly well, and everything will most likely fly because of the SSD.

            Comment


              #21
              Re: Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

              Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
              I can probably spend around 10 hours online too. most laptops can do what I intend to use the MacBook for (blogging, YouTube, research) but I don't want to have to replace my laptop in a few years because it bust. That's what happened to my Sony viao and a dell one (I didn't purchase either)
              Go for it then. As the above user mentioned, they are a expensive to repair.

              Loved my Dell XPS, but unfortunately dell has a rep for amazing products that last just past the warranty date.

              Comment


                #22
                Re: Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

                Originally posted by itsgiise View Post
                Go for it then. As the above user mentioned, they are a expensive to repair.

                Loved my Dell XPS, but unfortunately dell has a rep for amazing products that last just past the warranty date.
                How about samsung in terms of last-ability?

                For the same price as the macbook but it has a more powerful i5 processor, and it looks absolutely beautiful in a full metal body:

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq6uaIDX0Yo

                Mute, video has music.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Re: Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

                  Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                  I don't live a lavish lifestyle akhi. I pay Sadaqa & give my zakat but was going to get this laptop to treat myself. Isn't that allowed? Genuine question

                  Also I do need a laptop and from past experience where I've used cheaper laptops they have bust (has happened twice) so id rather spend a little more on something if I know it will last

                  if it really is excessive spending then I won't buy it
                  They are durable if you care about that.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Re: Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

                    Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
                    How about samsung in terms of last-ability?

                    For the same price as the macbook but it has a more powerful i5 processor, and it looks absolutely beautiful in a full metal body:

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq6uaIDX0Yo

                    Mute, video has music.
                    Wow that does look amazing

                    I was only looking at Apple laptops but I think I'll look at other makes now as well jazakallah khayr
                    https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Re: Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

                      Originally posted by oshirowanen View Post
                      How about samsung in terms of last-ability?

                      For the same price as the macbook but it has a more powerful i5 processor, and it looks absolutely beautiful in a full metal body:

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq6uaIDX0Yo

                      Mute, video has music.
                      Don't have enough experience with samsung product to be able to comment. And only ever saw one person with a samsung laptop. Saw nothing special about it, and he loved it for the touch screen(not something i'm a big fan of).

                      The next laptop i'll get insha allah probably be an xps 13(the newer versions). It's brilliant but of course i'll get an extended warranty.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Re: Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

                        Oh all these laptops so many to choose from. I'm confused

                        I think I should just stick with my iPad
                        https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Re: Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

                          Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                          Oh all these laptops so many to choose from. I'm confused

                          I think I should just stick with my iPad
                          As you have your heart set on the macbook, get it, it's perfect for your needs, and very well built. Insha'allah, it will serve you well.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Re: Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

                            Originally posted by Layla_ View Post
                            Oh all these laptops so many to choose from. I'm confused

                            I think I should just stick with my iPad
                            No stick to what you wanted. I defo wouldn't get a dell xps for blogging. Reason i want it, is that i want to be able to run many softwares such as Hypsys, Stata and Matlab whilst still playing counter-strike and still have 6 tabs open. And avoid much performance loss.
                            You're never going to put it under that much strain.
                            Stick to what you want. If you want clarity and vision- Look at resolution
                            -Audio-Speakers attached
                            -Performance- Processor
                            -If you want to download loads of shit, storage is also important.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Re: Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

                              Ok jazakallah khayr for all the help people

                              I think I'll stick with what I wanted Insha Allah & lets hope it serves me well
                              https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Re: Is an Apple MacBook worth it?

                                There are different versions of the Apple MacBook, you have the 12-inch MacBook, the MacBook Pro and the MacBook Air.

                                First of all, in my eyes there's absolutely no reason to buy the 12-inch MacBook since the 13-inch MacBook Pro 2017 is exactly the same price, but the MacBook Pro has more advantages. The advantages the 12-inch MacBook has over the 13-inch MacBook Pro is that it's lighter, it's smaller, it lasts a bit longer on a single charge, and that's it. The 13-inch MacBook Pro 2017 is more powerful, has more ports, higher resolution which is good for content viewing and reading. So, if you're thinking about the 12-inch MacBook or the MacBook Pro, you should get the MacBook Pro. The 12-inch MacBook and the 13-inch MacBook both start at €1500, I believe, so it's a bit expensive. Lastly, you have the 13-inch MacBook Air. You could buy this, simply because it's the cheapest at around €1000, but it has huge ugly bezels, which I don't like. Advantages of the Air is that it has regular USB ports compared to the 12-inch MacBook and MacBook Pro that both have USB-C ports, and a full 14 hours of battery life on a single charge. The MagSafe charger is an added bonus.

                                My final advice on the MacBooks is that if you're going to get an Apple MacBook, you might as well go all out and buy yourself the MacBook Pro, simply because it justifies its price better than the other MacBooks. However, because you're only going to watch videos and browse the internet, I don't see a point in getting a MacBook at all, or you must really hate Windows operating systems. You can get a full HD Windows laptop nowadays that can do the things you want for around €500. You can fork out some more money for a better Windows laptop.

                                TL;DR:

                                - If you really want an Apple laptop, get a 13-inch MacBook Pro since it justifies its price tag (€1500) the best compared to the other MacBooks.
                                - If you don't care about getting an Apple laptop, get a full HD Windows laptop for under €500 or higher if you want a better one. Take a look at trusted brands like ASUS, Lenovo, Samsung, HP or even Acer.

                                Edit: I've seen some posts here recommend Windows laptops that are around €1000 or more, don't buy these, unless they are Dell XPS, HP Spectre x360 or Windows Surface.
                                Last edited by IlFaraone; 04-07-17, 06:56 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X