Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggest some free anti-ad softwares for PCs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Suggest some free anti-ad softwares for PCs?

    Salam guys..

    I need some help.

    My PC has been hit with a lot of disruptive and disturbing ads, and they randomly pop out of nowhere, and at anytime. Whenever I'm on a web browser like UF, or surfing the net, the browser will take me to another ad page automatically.

    I'm seriously considering ways to get rid of this completely because some ads are extremely inappropriate in nature. I'm concerned about this because it's going to be disruptive. I'll be using this laptop a lot more than usual. And I really do not want anything like this to happen when I'm alone or in company of people, especially when it pops outs randomly.

    So have any of you guys dl softwares to remove pop-up ads, and it helped?
    Last edited by nudgetheputri; 03-06-17, 02:36 AM.

    #2
    Re: Suggest some free anti-ad softwares for PCs?

    Salam,

    First, you need to replace that avatar with a Kitty and joint the Cat Avatar Club.

    As for the topic at hand, you need to either use Google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox as your browser. Don't use internet explorer or edge. When you have one of those browsers, you need to locate the extensions menu and go their extensions store and download Adblock Plus, Ublock, and what ever high rated pop up blocker is listed.

    Also, never open suspicious emails, don't go to suspicious sites, if a site is asking you to open a file with .exe at the end, don't do it unless you are intentionally looking to download a specific program.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
      Salam guys..

      I need some help.

      My PC has been hit with a lot of disruptive and disturbing ads, and they randomly pop out of nowhere, and at anytime. Whenever I'm on a web browser like UF, or surfing the net, the browser will take me to another ad page automatically.

      I'm seriously considering ways to get rid of this completely because some ads are extremely inappropriate in nature. I'm concerned about this because it's going to be disruptive. I'll be using this laptop a lot more than usual. And I really do not want anything like this to happen when I'm alone or in company of people, especially when it pops outs randomly.

      So have any of you guys dl softwares to remove pop-up ads, and it helped?
      It sounds more like a malware problem. Get malwarebytes and Avast and scan your computer.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Suggest some free anti-ad softwares for PCs?

        Originally posted by Abisali View Post
        Salam,

        First, you need to replace that avatar with a Kitty and joint the Cat Avatar Club.

        As for the topic at hand, you need to either use Google Chrome or Mozilla FireFox as your browser. Don't use internet explorer or edge. When you have one of those browsers, you need to locate the extensions menu and go their extensions store and download Adblock Plus, Ublock, and what ever high rated pop up blocker is listed.

        Also, never open suspicious emails, don't go to suspicious sites, if a site is asking you to open a file with .exe at the end, don't do it unless you are intentionally looking to download a specific program.
        Nah, no thanks. I actually wanted to change it to a kitty, but I like this one better.

        I've deleted all my mails and all that junk, so hopefully that'll work out.

        Thank you btw.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Suggest some free anti-ad softwares for PCs?

          Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
          It sounds more like a malware problem. Get malwarebytes and Avast and scan your computer.
          Ok I just downloaded that Avast. My com had to be reboot jn, and scanned as well. Apparently there actually was Adware and Malware in some of my files.

          But so far there hasnt been any pop up ads lately, so I guess I'm safe now.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Suggest some free anti-ad softwares for PCs?

            Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
            Ok I just downloaded that Avast. My com had to be reboot jn, and scanned as well. Apparently there actually was Adware and Malware in some of my files.

            But so far there hasnt been any pop up ads lately, so I guess I'm safe now.
            Yes, you probably installed malware and adware unknowingly. Use avast together with malwarebytes (free).
            Also install adblock+ for your browsers.
            ┳┻|
            ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
            ┳┻|⊂ノ
            ┻┳|
            :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

            Comment

            Working...
            X