upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

What is your thought and experience from upgrading windows 7 to windows 10. MS is giving free upgrade till July 2016. Should i go for upgrade or stick to win 7

Re: upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

Originally posted by Raheem21 View Post
    What is your thought and experience from upgrading windows 7 to windows 10. MS is giving free upgrade till July 2016. Should i go for upgrade or stick to win 7
    I have upgraded all my personal and home laptops and despite the privacy concerns mentioned in several well known forums, a detailed run through security settings in the OS, plus the use of third party tools like VPNs or encrypted instant messaging, would leave your PC decently protected.

In terms of performance, Windows 10 works quite well and similar to Windows 8.1 (not to be confused with Windows 8), so RAM and CPU usage are quite low, space used in hard disk has been reduced and stability of the OS overall is quite good.

My personal advice is do upgrade, make sure that prior to that you have a backup of all your important data, and review all the new settings and control panel to stay updated.

Comment

Originally posted by mab View Post
      I have upgraded all my personal and home laptops and despite the privacy concerns mentioned in several well known forums, a detailed run through security settings in the OS, plus the use of third party tools like VPNs or encrypted instant messaging, would leave your PC decently protected.

In terms of performance, Windows 10 works quite well and similar to Windows 8.1 (not to be confused with Windows 8), so RAM and CPU usage are quite low, space used in hard disk has been reduced and stability of the OS overall is quite good.

My personal advice is do upgrade, make sure that prior to that you have a backup of all your important data, and review all the new settings and control panel to stay updated.
      Thanks mab for recommendation i will surely upgrade it to windows 10

Comment

Thanks mab for recommendation i will surely upgrade it to windows 10
        You can roll back to win 7 within 30 days I think if the system doesn't function as well.
        ┳┻|
        ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
        ┳┻|⊂ノ
        ┻┳|
        :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

Comment

i upgraded to win 10 but didnt like it and had issues with it. so i downgraded back to win 7
          win 7 is much better imo
          It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
          "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
            i upgraded to win 10 but didnt like it and had issues with it. so i downgraded back to win 7
            win 7 is much better imo
            Sorry to read you had issues. Win 7 was good, but Win 10 improves performance in the same machine based on benchmarking:
            http://www.techspot.com/review/1042-...-vs-windows-7/
            http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinio...0-vs-windows-7

I don't play with the computer so I cannot say in terms of video rendering.

Comment

Originally posted by ashmeo View Post
              You can roll back to win 7 within 30 days I think if the system doesn't function as well.
              Hmm thanks for your contribution this is cool feature if i dont like win 10 i roll back to win 7 again

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                win 7 is much better imo
                Brother could you please elaborate what was the reason behind downgrading from win 10 to win 7

Comment

Originally posted by mab View Post
                  Sorry to read you had issues. Win 7 was good, but Win 10 improves performance in the same machine based on benchmarking:
                  http://www.techspot.com/review/1042-...-vs-windows-7/
                  http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/windows-10-vs-]windows-7

I don't play with the computer so I cannot say in terms of video rendering.
                  Thanks for these resources let me check this out

Comment

Brother could you please elaborate what was the reason behind downgrading from win 10 to win 7
                    On mid-high end laptops, win 10 works well. I tried upgrading on an older pc, it was very slow and laggy. So had to revert back to win 8
                    ┳┻|
                    ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
                    ┳┻|⊂ノ
                    ┻┳|
                    :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

Comment

I had windows 7 then I bought a new laptop which had windows 8.1 and last year I upgraded to windows 10

I would say try upgrading and see how it goes, if you don't like it you have a short time to go back to windows 7
                      If you memorize just 1 verse from the Quran everyday you would become a hafiz in 18 years and that's the Slowest pace, so what's stopping you?
                      And if you die during that time, then you at least had the intention of becoming a Hafiz

Comment

Originally posted by ashmeo View Post
                        On mid-high end laptops, win 10 works well. I tried upgrading on an older pc, it was very slow and laggy. So had to revert back to win 8
                        I am using dell latitude e5430 it's 3rd gen i5 with 4gb ram with 320 hard disk

Comment

Up to you. You can use Windows 7 until 14 January 2020. As on that date, Microsoft will stop fixing security issues with Windows 7, and you will be forced to upgrade to Windows 10 at that point if you want security fixes from microsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by nami View Post
                            Up to you. You can use Windows 7 until 14 January 2020. As on that date, Microsoft will stop fixing security issues with Windows 7, and you will be forced to upgrade to Windows 10 at that point if you want security fixes from microsoft.
                            this is a fact that MS can stop security fixes to upgrade to windows 10

Comment

this is a fact that MS can stop security fixes to upgrade to windows 10
                              I'm not sure to be honest,

Comment

Working...
                              X