Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

Originally posted by Sabertooth View Post
    I had windows 7 then I bought a new laptop which had windows 8.1 and last year I upgraded to windows 10

I would say try upgrading and see how it goes, if you don't like it you have a short time to go back to windows 7
    I just upgraded then rolled back to win7, hated 10 and the fact it somehow lost my D: drive and couldn't find it again didn't help my state of mind regarding win10 (personally never saw what was broken and needed fixing on winXP)
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by nami View Post
      I'm not sure to be honest,
      It is. They did last year with Windows XP, and they totally discontinued and unsupported it. If any zero day exploit appears for Windows XP systems, you will have to have a special SLA (maintenance agreement) so they will create something for you and specifically for you.

That's a good way of controlling that everyone upgrades or moves to a newer version. Apple, Google and other software vendors (if not all of them) do that as part of their planned obsolescence and recurring revenue. In case of Windows XP, though, it has been supported and in the market for over 15 years, which is quite a long time for any operating system.

Comment

Originally posted by mab View Post
        Sorry to read you had issues. Win 7 was good, but Win 10 improves performance in the same machine based on benchmarking:
        http://www.techspot.com/review/1042-...-windows-8-vs/[/url]-windows-7/[/url]
        http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinio...0-vs-windows-7

I don't play with the computer so I cannot say in terms of video rendering.

But for Windows 10 a high spec PC is also required, my old laptop is failed :(

Comment

Dont do it bro you'll regret it.

Comment

i forgot the login password once upgraded to windows 10. what to do to recover it?

Comment

Originally posted by ffansszi View Post
              i forgot the login password once upgraded to windows 10. what to do to recover it?
              Press f8 repeatedly during start up
              You should see an option to log in as administrator. You can change it from there I think
              Alternatively try changing it in safe mode
              InshaAllah this will work
              It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
              "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

I tried doing this but failed

I'd prefer Windows 10
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

Windows 7 is superior.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                    I tried doing this but failed

I'd prefer Windows 10
                    Why did you fail? It can't be that hard. It not rocket science

Comment

Windows xp for life

Comment

I have windows 8.1, it seems so old fashioned, I think I got used to the 10 until everything had to be rebooted because this laptop has caused so many problems, it's only been on a year and a half I've had it

I don't know version 7
                        'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Originally posted by Faith reloaded View Post
                          lol

I hate computers, bit of an old skool

It just keeps coming up with an error and Blackbeard (UF member) told me to get the UK version but I just can't find that

Comment

I need some advice on buying a phone

I really need a smart phone now

I don't want to but I have to do this

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                              lol

I hate computers, bit of an old skool

It just keeps coming up with an error and Blackbeard (UF member) told me to get the UK version but I just can't find that
                              Hmmm, you currently have windows 8.1, right? Do you remember what the error said? Maybe you chose the wrong version or something.

I dont know if the free upgrade thing is still available, so if you want to upgrade now, then maybe you have to pay for it

I upgraded my laptop from 8.1 to 10 whilst the free upgrade was available. I
                              disliked 8.1's metro interface and fullscreen apps, so it was an easy decision for me. The update came through windows update, so there was very few issues. Have you checked windows update to see if it's there? Have you received notifcations before telling you to reserve/upgrade to 10?

Comment

Hmmm, you currently have windows 8.1, right? Do you remember what the error said? Maybe you chose the wrong version or something.

I dont know if the free upgrade thing is still available, so if you want to upgrade now, then maybe you have to pay for it

I upgraded my laptop from 8.1 to 10 whilst the free upgrade was available. I
                                disliked 8.1's metro interface and fullscreen apps, so it was an easy decision for me. The update came through windows update, so there was very few issues. Have you checked windows update to see if it's there? Have you received notifcations before telling you to reserve/upgrade to 10?
                                Yep, 8.1. It said it's the wrong code or something like that

My brother and BB told me I can get it free for laptops so I tried that but I have the wrong version (the US one) find me the UK one then it could work. I browsed on their website but I just can't find it anywhere including google.

My other bro told me I have to pay for it, I was like- yeh right, not for this laptop. Not worth it but I have to keep it for a some time to come :I

No messages for update but recently it had 'configured' some but that was a fail too so it automatically undone it

:wacko:

Comment

Working...
                                X