Lenovo IBM Thinkpad T420s - Brand new
    8GB RAM
    320GB HDD SATA
    Core i5 2520M 2.5 GHz

For £600?

Re: is this laptop ok for this price or not? help plz

Is it a good price for it? Not really, but it is what it's worth:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246113

Notice they're selling it for significantly less here, but if you look at that small number above that says "was: $969.99", that's around what the price you listed in pounds translates to dollars.

I just recently bought a laptop for 100$ less than that same price and it was much better:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246324
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

thats the t420 not t420s

this is t420s
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834246117

with 8gb ram

Comment

If that's it then yeah you're getting a good price. Newegg usually has good prices, so if you can find better then that's decent.
        والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

how much would that be for second hand?

Comment

Sorry bro I wouldn't know about second hand, I'm new to the whole laptop scene myself. Typically though I'd avoid a second hand laptop just because they're prone to having problems brand new. But Lenovo is a good brand, one of the better kinds out there.

Comment

you might want to consider ssd hd for what u do;

Comment

for 8gb and an i5 processor thats a sick price bro. 320 HDD is also great but from previous posts i know that u use external/portable HDD as well so its not a prob

SSD hd are really expensive though aren't they?

Comment

Working...
                X