Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pocket Islam for Android (Or any Islamic Apps for Android)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket Islam for Android (Or any Islamic Apps for Android)

Asslamualaikum, first time user from Malaysia here. I've never noticed this forum before, during the entire 4 years of Internet life.

Anyways,

I've been using the HTC O2 Xda, which runs the Windows Mobile 6. In that phone I have one exceptionally awesome application called Pocket Islam. The app basically is basically an app that provides me, as a Muslim, with all needs such as prayer times(with Azan), Quran, etc. It's a great app, reliable and always pin point on prayer time.

Now, just recently, being a technology enthusiast, I've finally decided to upgrade to a newer phone. With a modest budget, I chose the Samsung Galaxy Ace which runs Android 2.2 Froyo. It's superb, fast, responsive and reliable... But only one downside, Pocket Islam WON'T run on it. I just realised that Pocket Islam is only designed for the Pocket PC and Windows Mobile platform family.

After much distraught, searched everywhere, the Market, Gooogle and no luck. I did found 2 apps, Islamic Compass - Prayer Times and Muslim Pro. The first one looks great, but it's not free, turned me down instantly. The second one, looks great, FREE, and installed nicely on my phone. However, it didn't work as I thought it would. Upon setting my location, which is Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, I noticed the time are off about 10 minutes or so, but it was fixable. Just as I was to break my fast, the phone didn't "ring" with azan, so I checked the app and it actually REset my location to previous one.

Is there any Pocket Islam alternative, that actually correctly show my prayer times in Malaysia?

Thank you

Re: Pocket Islam for Android (Or any Islamic Apps for Android)

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_a...e+prayer+times
    http://www.freeware4android.net/sams...oad-11598.html
    Most Charming Kitten

Only in Pakistan

Comment

Doesn't work, mate... I've done my research too you know.

These 2 are like all of which I've tried... Times are way off, and you can't even set your location manually, some crashes.

Comment

Doesn't work mate, I've done my research too you know

Comment

Bump....... wow, kinda disappointed in our muslim forum

Comment

For Qur'an there is iQuran and Quran Android (prefer the latter)

There is also a Salaat Times widget. Check that out.
            "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Ive got the Qiblah Compass thingamajig on mine, and its got salaah times on it as well.

Im not sure how accurate it is, as I dont use it for the timings, and only the qiblah direction.
              وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

good apps for android dua&azkar, nearest masjid, salah widget, qibla compass,

Comment

The only app the comes close to that is Muslim Pro, the android market is full of crap and duplicate apps
                  Last edited by Muhammad610; 15-08-11, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Muhammad610 View Post
                    The only app the comes close to that is Muslim Pro, the android market is full of crap and duplicate apps
                    Agreed... tried all of them, almost exactly the same. Only Muslim Pro comes close. Haven't tried the paid one yet though.

Comment

Assalamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Barakatuhu,

For From video, audio, ebooks, Quran recitations and more.

https://market.android.com/details?i...lam.smartphone

Jazak Allah Khair
                      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Salam Alikoum

I found a geatest android Quran

Ayat

Natlob Do3aakom

Comment

Assalam o Alaikum!
                          its really great app.
                          I have an app kalma and dua app for muslim kids to learning 6 kalmas and many dua with translation:
                          download link:
                          Last edited by Jawediqbal; 01-12-18, 10:35 AM. Reason: download link:
                          https://dawateislami.net/blog/islam

Comment

Try to 4PDA

Comment

Working...
                            X